Beer Tasting Event

sticklee

Um, it's a beer SAMPLING event, not a Beer Binge. They are all imported brands from Belgium, Germany, etc. We're not talking beer of the "3 bottles for a red 'un"=type.

Also, there may be imported Beer-Pretties in attendance.. That alone would be worth 500 baht!

Edited by CheGuava

Um, it's a beer SAMPLING event, not a Beer Binge. They are all imported brands from Belgium, Germany, etc. We're not talking beer of the "3 bottles for a red 'un"=type.

Also, there may be imported Beer-Pretties in attendance.. That alone would be worth 500 baht!

Um, I thought sampling is getting the customer to try your product with a view to him buying/stocking it and therefore samples are usually free or subsidised.

Having had my 100ml sample and liked it, how do i then have a proper 1/2 litre glass of the product? Do I have to buy another 5 samples of the same beer - or would that be bingeing?

Regards

Edited by Contractor

I'd like to go, but have the feeling it might be far too crowded!

Beer sampling is advertising and should be free.

heh heh, if it was free then it would definately be far too crowded. Every wino in town would be there.:wacko:

I'd like to go, but have the feeling it might be far too crowded!

Beer sampling is advertising and should be free.

heh heh, if it was free then it would definately be far too crowded. Every wino in town would be there.:wacko:

......swishing it around their mouth and spitting it into a bucket wink.gif

That's 500 baht for a litre of beer :blink:

And we complain about the price of petrol.:lol:laugh.gif

I don't...its still almost half the price of petrol in the UK. Just to make people there happier, VAT goes up to 20% from 1st January. Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles. Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

Edited by trainman34014

May as well take a trip to number 1 and they will sell you most of them in correct measures. One of them is even a cider! A very cheap and extremely poor cider at that, not even worth trying unless you have never tried cider before and don't know any better!

I don't...its still almost half the price of petrol in the UK. Just to make people there happier, VAT goes up to 20% from 1st January. Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles. Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

wow, almost double the price in the UK? It's close to the same here as the states. I always thought it was a regulated thing but after hearing this I guess not.

wow, almost double the price in the UK? It's close to the same here as the states. I always thought it was a regulated thing but after hearing this I guess not.

The only people that 'Regulate' anything in Britain are the Government and they sure know how to regulate taxes on the likes of Petrol and Booze. Close to three quarters of the price of Petrol and Beer is tax. They don't want you to escape too easily either so they now have the highest Air Passenger Duty in the world to grab your wallet one last time before you leave!

Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles.  Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

Don't compare wholesale prices here with pub prices in UK.  Hardly a level playing field.  How about comparing the "by the case price here" with the special offers you get in the likes of Tesco in UK.  Last time I was there, a year ago, I was getting very tasty ales by the bottle at 1 quid a pint.  

Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles.  Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

Don't compare wholesale prices here with pub prices in UK.  Hardly a level playing field.  How about comparing the "by the case price here" with the special offers you get in the likes of Tesco in UK.  Last time I was there, a year ago, I was getting very tasty ales by the bottle at 1 quid a pint.  

Yes beer is still one of the bargains in the UK if you drink it at home. Most pubs are over the 3 quid mark saying that I've been enjoying my local Wetherspoons beer festival at the moment in the UK which is selling cask conditioned ales at 1.85 a pint and some very tasy ones to.

One of the few consolations of being in Blighty in Winter, only another 4 weeks though thank god :)

Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles. Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

Don't compare wholesale prices here with pub prices in UK. Hardly a level playing field. How about comparing the "by the case price here" with the special offers you get in the likes of Tesco in UK. Last time I was there, a year ago, I was getting very tasty ales by the bottle at 1 quid a pint.

Absolutely right, if you look for deals they are there both on food and booze.

Good red wine for example usually sold at 7-99 pounds a bottle, often goes on sale at Tesco's at 3 for a tenner, that's now less than 500 Baht for 3 bottles of good red wine......you might get a couple of glasses here for that price.

Twice a year when I go home, my daughter has stocked up with a cupboard full for me.

Oh; and beer here works out at about 70p a pint if you buy a box of 12 bottles. Over 3 quid a pint now in most British pubs!

Don't compare wholesale prices here with pub prices in UK. Hardly a level playing field. How about comparing the "by the case price here" with the special offers you get in the likes of Tesco in UK. Last time I was there, a year ago, I was getting very tasty ales by the bottle at 1 quid a pint.

OK, at Share bar in Santhitham area, 3 large changs are 139bht (ice extra), a female university student (with great legs) sits with you, pours your beer, and chats while you drink. You can't buy her a drink (no scrounging allowed), the girls rotate every 20 minutes ... bit like speed dating. That pretty much trumps anything in British pubs, both on price and service.

For some reason this bar is packed out with Thai guys every night.

Edited by sarahsbloke

OK, at Share bar in Santhitham area, 3 large changs are 139bht (ice extra), a female university student (with great legs) sits with you, pours your beer, and chats while you drink. You can't buy her a drink (no scrounging allowed), the girls rotate every 20 minutes ... bit like speed dating. That pretty much trumps anything in British pubs, both on price and service.

Santhitham area is great and that's a nice deal.....which one is Share bar again? whistling.gif

Well; that explains why the English come here.:jap:

I recently moved to Santhitham, but haven't seen this bar anywhere. Could you please give directions?

I think it's quite brave of Horeca to try something new like this. We drove past JJ market today and they're advertising Stella, Hoegaarten and the like. Most of us aren't going to drink those kind of beer's in our local pub because they're over £4 a bottle, but to remind us what good beer tastes like before we go back to quaffing our large Leos, 500 baht is a reasonable price to pay. I'm hoping to get up there at some point.

I think it's quite brave of Horeca to try something new like this. We drove past JJ market today and they're advertising Stella, Hoegaarten and the like. Most of us aren't going to drink those kind of beer's in our local pub because they're over £4 a bottle, but to remind us what good beer tastes like before we go back to quaffing our large Leos, 500 baht is a reasonable price to pay. I'm hoping to get up there at some point.

gbp 10.60; reasonable price you say

In your dreams.:cheesy:

Funnily enough the Thais don't convert all their prices into gbp

Why would anyone go?

It could be a fun social event, I hear there will be a wide variety of entertaiment all night , Horeca events are always well attended and usually turn out to be big parties. burp.gifpartytime2.gif

Edited by daoyai

I recently moved to Santhitham, but haven't seen this bar anywhere. Could you please give directions?

I found a 'Share Club' today, on the soi between Chotana Road at the Rajabhat College and the JJ Market area.. That's not Santitham but still North of town.. any relation?

(This is the soi that has the best and most affordable fried chicken in the history of the universe.)

Funnily enough the Thais don't convert all their prices into gbp

If you look more carefully Oldebellpedr quoted 4 POUNDS per bottle which is why I replied in pounds.

Split personalities. You aren't copying poster Orang are you? You should do "an orang" and get oldebell pedr and millwall fan together to compare notes.

Anyway, welcome back.