UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

We are venturing out in a while to Tesco Lamai...will let you know if it is open and the road conditions...

Great thank you so much. I have a family of six and haven't been to the store since Sunday,

so our supplies are very low. We could do much after monday, since the ATM machines were all down over on this side, and I traveled as far as Rummania Boutique looking for an Atm machine that was on, before returning back to Namuang. My wife was able to find an atm machine working today, and friends informed me that Nikki beach has power going to the atm machine there, but the conditions to travel that way were just to dangerous for retrieving money, so I avoided that trip.

I can imagine the food supplies will be very low if there is any food on the shelfs at all? I have seen trucks stocking the 7-11 stores somehow, but the lights are all out at 7-11 and they were just letting one person in the store at a time, as of yesterday; if this info helps anyone?

We still don't have water on this side either, but I'm grateful to just have electricity for the time being, it's a blessing for sure.

• Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just been informed by Seatran that they have 3 boats running this morning. 9am - 10am -11am after that the wind is due to pick up again so a bit iffy ? :o

Great news, thank you this is really what people will hopefully start to focus on, info like this that can be useful for travel, and supplies.

Does anyone know if those ferries made the trips scheduled?

This will be most helpful to get supplies badly needed to the island. From the photos I saw of Big C,

it looks like the store is all out of food, and if that's the case it could take days to restock the store.

I can imagine the roads to Donsak are probably difficult to get through, once the ferries start back up again.

Also anyone know the conditions for traveling from Lamai to Chaweng? I read that it's impassible as of yesterday,

how about today?

We are venturing out in a while to Tesco Lamai...will let you know if it is open and the road conditions...

Lotus Lamai is reported to be closed. Lotus Nathon is out of food and Big C has photos of there being nearly out as well.

Hope this saved you a trip?

Can anyone keep the rest of us posted when things start to get better?

Food and fuel supplies will take time to return,

so hopefully we can get together and keep eachother informed to save what little we all have left....

It would also be great if the ones that do venture out can get photos of the road conditions.

I saw that 7-11 has there lights back on and are doing business again, so the good news at least.

You can check all weather predictions :

Click here for the Thai Meteorological Department's forecast for Koh Samui.

Click here to see the Accuweather 15-day forecast for Samui.

Click here or Click here to see the most recent radar image.

Click here for the TMD's general forecast for Thailand.

Click here for Windguru Koh samui.

Click here for Thaivisa Koh Samui weather.

click here for Wunderground.

Click here for Wolframalpha.

Great info, Thank you for your time and effort.

Just got back from Lamai...no problems getting there at all. There was a bit of water on the roads 1-2 inches at most and a lot of sand but they are shovelling that to the sides in great mounds. The worst bit was on the bend near Hinta Hin Yai, still a big puddle of water but it is only blocking one side of the road, so no problem. You can even get through with a bike or a small car. Tesco Lami is closed. They have blocked off the road into the complex so you can't even get into the carpark but no point anyway.

Lamai beach road is pretty much business as usual with most shops open. The "Friendly" supermarket is open, as were many other mom and pop supermarket type shops. Didn't go in but from the road it looked like they still had stock. . All the 711's and Family marts on the way were open. Lamai has power. Most ATM's seem to have power...

Lamai Fresh market is open but not much produce, a friend of mine said she managed to get a few vegetables. McDonalds is open on the beach road if you dare eat that food!

Not much else to report...still need to know about the road from Lamai to Chaweng and the airport road...anyone?

Makro

Fruits and vegetables finished

Diesel gas finished checked 3 gas stations in chaweng area

Road conditions from Bangkok airways office next to Bangkok hospital all the way to tesco lotus prepare long drive of 20 minutes due to a few areas of road being broken

Can get to the airport definitely by the road that goes past the end of the runway and Chinese cemetery. Went down the Ghost Road and turned left at the crossroads with 7/11 on the right and made it through ok. Cars and taxis still getting in that way. Other roads in I'm not sure, sorry.[

Makro

Fruits and vegetables finished

Diesel gas finished checked 3 gas stations in chaweng area

Road conditions from Bangkok airways office next to Bangkok hospital all the way to tesco lotus prepare long drive of 20 minutes due to a few areas of road being broken

Just now 10 trucks filled with gasoline and diesel just passed my house on their way to the gasolinstation in Chawengbiggrin.gif

Just got back from Lamai...no problems getting there at all. There was a bit of water on the roads 1-2 inches at most and a lot of sand but they are shovelling that to the sides in great mounds. The worst bit was on the bend near Hinta Hin Yai, still a big puddle of water but it is only blocking one side of the road, so no problem. You can even get through with a bike or a small car. Tesco Lami is closed. They have blocked off the road into the complex so you can't even get into the carpark but no point anyway.

Lamai beach road is pretty much business as usual with most shops open. The "Friendly" supermarket is open, as were many other mom and pop supermarket type shops. Didn't go in but from the road it looked like they still had stock. . All the 711's and Family marts on the way were open. Lamai has power. Most ATM's seem to have power...

Lamai Fresh market is open but not much produce, a friend of mine said she managed to get a few vegetables. McDonalds is open on the beach road if you dare eat that food!

Not much else to report...still need to know about the road from Lamai to Chaweng and the airport road...anyone?

Great update, lots of important info for all of us locals that are interested in knowing before we stuff the roads with even more traffic.

Thank you for you time and effort to help keep the rest of us informed. Water is still off in Namuang, but at least we still have electric,

and of course the phone lines are still up, so all is well.

ohh how i miss that little paradise island, since moving up to Chiang Mai, and standing on my terrace watching my building swaying in the earthquake last week ! seriously though hope everyone is safe on Samui, so many friends !

Chok Dee

Blackwolf what area you see the gas trucks you sure they were not the water trucks

I ask since they are both similar in size

I live between Lamai and Chaweng Noi and I surely know the differens between water and gasoline-trucks. So now you can fill up your care/motorbike.

Blackwolf what area you see the gas trucks you sure they were not the water trucks

I live between Lamai and Chaweng Noi and I surely know the differens between water and gasoline-trucks. So now you can fill up your care/motorbike.

as thr

have the rocks been cleared from the lamai chaweng road, is it still passable?

I am more interested in knowing how to tell the difference between full ones and empty ones... :lol:

I plan on going from Maenam beach to the airport tomorrow morning. I will arrive from Koh Pangan. Would really appreciate if anyone could let me know if I can get to the airport from there. (I already have the flight just want to make sure I can get to the airport)

I plan on going from Maenam beach to the airport tomorrow morning. I will arrive from Koh Pangan. Would really appreciate if anyone could let me know if I can get to the airport from there. (I already have the flight just want to make sure I can get to the airport)

your best to ring the ferry company, as the road to that pier is not the best in normal weather, last time i drove down that road the other week, a part of the road had already collaped before the storm

Thanks for that...much appreciated

Can get to the airport definitely by the road that goes past the end of the runway and Chinese cemetery. Went down the Ghost Road and turned left at the crossroads with 7/11 on the right and made it through ok. Cars and taxis still getting in that way. Other roads in I'm not sure, sorry.[

I am more interested in knowing how to tell the difference between full ones and empty ones... :lol:

Its wery easy to tell. The full ones go towards Chaweng, eh emty ones to back to the ferry-boat.:bah:

I'm sure you do, they really don't look anything alike other than perhaps shape, but gas are larger than the water trucks typically running around...

None the less, thanks for the great news, I certainly didn't want the resellers to profit from this situation, and that's what I saw the people doing at the station near me, buying for resale, even diesel. Hopefully the government will step in and subsidize the diesel again to help ease our losses in the south for a few months anyway....

Car now full of diesel and fridge now stocked with fresh produce.

:rolleyes:

Congratulations you done well. Did you happen to shop at Big C or Lotus Chaweng?

I understand Lotus Lamai is still closed.

I got the fuel, now I need the food...

Anyone know how the supermarkets are fairing?

7-11 near Namuang waterfall 2 has a few items,

and I was lucky to get milk, but it was the last one.

better stock up, looks like 4th or 5th we're in for the next round

Where did you get that info joe? I've told by three or four different people itd light rain and drizzle until the 5th then sunshine.

better stock up, looks like 4th or 5th we're in for the next round

Where did you get that info joe? I've told by three or four different people itd light rain and drizzle until the 5th then sunshine.

alot of the Thai's believe it is going to be bad again, but i cannot see any evidence yet from any weather source that we are in for another battering