UPDATED Current Flooded Areas & Forecasts

Another trick to stop mould, a bucket of sand in problem areas.Absorbs most of the moisture.

Ah! Rooo.... but..... dry sand bit hard to find at the moment ..... :lol:

& from Tropicalevo.....

"Thanks for that. Another aid to stop clothes in closets from going moldy is to put a lamp on in the closet. If your closet has an automatic light - leave the door open. If not, and extension lead and a 40w bulb will do the trick "

Not thought of that one... Thanks!

The other problem, lately is the invasion of small sugar ants, ( I guess).... even getting into tightly sealed sugar container & even the sealed Coffee Mate jar... .... by the hundreds. :bah:

Funny you usually see a trail from where they are coming in, but they seem to appear out of the "blue".... extra protein in the morning coffee! B)

The cure for that is to set the containers in a bowl of water..... before it happens.... !!!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • Replies 604
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Just as my garden was starting to dry out, and the dirt road passed my house was not so deep in water...........................it's back again, all flooded.

By the way you can buy de-humidifier packs in Tesco Chaweng and Macro, place one in your wardrobe to absorb the damp.

If you have aircon, leave the wardrobe doors open whilst it is running.

By Beerian:

Posted 8 minutes ago Can I get through Chaweng heading (coming from Amari side) up through the centre to Lamai with a motorbike?

Last time I had to turn back near Top Ten resturant. Any better this morning?

Rain started about 5 pm last night, here around Maenam, pretty heavy at times over night & again now....

But much to my surprise, this morning, there is very little water running & no lake around the house! :o I thought I would have to get my Welly boots on & go dig trenches, again ....

The stream near me only up about a foot to 18"...

Also spoken to two people in Maenam, around Soi 4 area & no significant flooding there & Soi Maenam Resort Road which got hit hard last time is OK at the moment.... :jap:

Is it time to revive this thread?

this thread has turned into a flood of topics about floods. it is interesting because when this forum closes. can tell how many floods there have been this wet season by the amount of pages posted.

if people look at bangkok last night on the Kings birthday. you could see all stars in the sky in bangers.

time to use up some flyer bonus points me thinks :whistling:

the road into lam dim market is shut,.

also the road conditions everywhere are terrible with a lot of new potholes everywhere

if this carries on then we will re revolutionise and devolope gills and go back to the water.

i wonder what real estate market would be under the sea.

i am buying the manolpy for the hotel called " octopuses gardern in the shade" think thats the best business move i have made. i will be a million under water air buy 2012. seeeya would wanna be yaa

Today the water level from our pond rose from early morning to now be as high as a month ago when Samui shut down (and I was lucky enough to miss it then). The gardener has a net out to try to keep the fish from swimming away over the lawn and the cars have all been reparked. I'm a bit surprised as the rain was more steady than torrential. The streak of brown extending into the ocean from the nearby river is by far the largest and longest I have seen.

What is happening today around the island, and especially between Tong Krut and Nathon? Time to call on the coconut wireless (grapevine, word of mouth) for info.:blink::jap:

Any updates on the water situation around the island? Chaweng beach road etc etc

I have just driven back from Taling Ngam to Chaweng Noi. The Ring Road is generally passable but there are areas of deep standing water to be wary of. South Lamai was not passable going down earlier this afternoon as we were diverted onto the beach road but when I came back it was passable. North of Lamai was impassable in both directions and you are diverted into the back roads by Tamarind. North from Lamai standing water again but passable.

Went this afternoon from Taling Ngam about 1pm to Nathon and then about 4 to Lamai and back to Taling Ngam. In my high clearance pick up truck the only really bad part was the section just south of the Rajah ferry. That section of road (not the ring road, the right turn if you are coming from the Rajah Ferry dock) is built up above (or usually above) a wet area and it is narrow and twisting in several spots with (TIT) unprotected drop offs down from the side of the roadway. The water was going over the road deep enough and hard enough to be of concern in a car, small truck, or bike. Worse, you couldn't see the edge of the road and even if you know the road well you could drive off the edge. I would advise totally avoiding this section for a while, even if you have to detour around to the ring road.

Many other spots were under water and sometimes surging water but if you slow down ok in a truck. Just by Salbeing Lae (Hin Taa Hin Yai) restaurant it looks like the ditch has collapsed and one lane is flooded beyond what any regular passenger vehicle could pass, so everybody is using the other lane there. This is just as you leave Lamai on the Hua Thanon side.

Went this afternoon from Taling Ngam about 1pm to Nathon and then about 4 to Lamai and back to Taling Ngam. In my high clearance pick up truck the only really bad part was the section just south of the Rajah ferry. That section of road (not the ring road, the right turn if you are coming from the Rajah Ferry dock) is built up above (or usually above) a wet area and it is narrow and twisting in several spots with (TIT) unprotected drop offs down from the side of the roadway. The water was going over the road deep enough and hard enough to be of concern in a car, small truck, or bike. Worse, you couldn't see the edge of the road and even if you know the road well you could drive off the edge. I would advise totally avoiding this section for a while, even if you have to detour around to the ring road.

Many other spots were under water and sometimes surging water but if you slow down ok in a truck. Just by Salbeing Lae (Hin Taa Hin Yai) restaurant it looks like the ditch has collapsed and one lane is flooded beyond what any regular passenger vehicle could pass, so everybody is using the other lane there. This is just as you leave Lamai on the Hua Thanon side.

bit off topic but i think this toppic needs some broightening. got clear skys in manam this morning. dont know how long it will lats so enjoy while u ccan

• 3 months later...

I'm here in bophut I've been watching the rain as well as timing the rain and so far rain has not let up.

rain fall started at 1:15pm And still going right now

No power since 1:15 pm as well

Main ring road through bophut is heavy flooded right now cars either turning around or driving through

Wish everyone to stay safe

Loving it, loving it, loving it. (just a wee bit jealous, mind!)

My friends who are now on your beautiful island were upsetting me last week about lying in the sun, drinking cocktails, swimming in the lovely sea etc.

I shall hear back from them at the end of the month!!!

TEE HEE.