Thai Embassy The Hague

When applying for a visa today, the lady behind the desk asked me for an Itinerary. I pointed to the copies of the e-ticket that I'd passed on to her together with my passport and photo, but she said she needed an extensive itinerary, mentioning all the side trips (and flight confirmations) I intended to make.

I told her I didn;t have one and she gave me a specimen itinerary and a piece of paper, and told me to write down my itinerary in the same way as it was done in the specimen.

I've applied for visas a few times before, but this is the first time they've required me to supply an itinerary.

So if you're going to apply for a visa in The Hague make sure to bring your itinerary with you.

Sounds very draconian to me if talking about a normal tourist visa.

Indeed it is! While I was busy writing down the Itinerary, I heard the Visa Officer telling 2 applicantsthat their Proof of Income was missing. When they retorded that they had never before been asked for Proof of Income, shereplied that it was necessary because they would be staying in Thailand forlonger than 4 months, and she gave them an e-mail address they should mail it to.

Quite remarkable, because my last trip to Thailand waslonger than 4 months, and when I applied for my visa I only handed in the Application Form, my passport, a passport photo and a copy of my e-ticket andthey were accepted without any comment!

Edited by sosisbesar

I have been denied an multiple O visa last month in The Hague.

Reason, I am not 50 yet.

they gave me 4 O visa's the 4 years before..

They said go to Amsterdam.

In The Hague I think they don't want to be bodered anymore with visa's.

They are NOT friendly nor helpfull!!

Why would they issue you any kind of a non immigrant O visa? Are you married to a Thai or have Thai children? Without that information it is really hard to judge anything. That you are under age 50 shows it would not be for retirement travel.

Why would they issue you any kind of a non immigrant O visa? Are you married to a Thai or have Thai children? Without that information it is really hard to judge anything. That you are under age 50 shows it would not be for retirement travel.

I got this visa for 4 years in a row as mentioned.

Based on visiting friends.

Strange that they give it (same person) for 4 years and all of a sudden stop doing it.

I Amsterdam however they still give it! Only 30km. further.

When I was there a lot of other people that applied for a visa where told to go to Amsterdam.

As I said before I think that the The Hague ambassy does not want to be bodered anymore with visa's.

That is no longer considered a valid reason for issue and was removed from MFA web site as such many years ago. Some places continued to provide but in the last year very few have allowed issue for that reason and even they have started to require proof.

Are you saying you obtained this month with no proof required?

That is no longer considered a valid reason for issue and was removed from MFA web site as such many years ago. Some places continued to provide but in the last year very few have allowed issue for that reason and even they have started to require proof.

Are you saying you obtained this month with no proof required?

Of course I had an official invitation from a Thai, with copies of id card, the persons housebook and a letter inviting me.

They always gave me a multiple O visa on those paper in The Hague, now they made me go to Amsterdam..and I got it there..