Car Wraps

kevkev1888

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Art work on cars. you know the trucks that have flames going along the side and such stuff. or sexy women painted onto the bonnets! in the old days they used to paint by hand but now there is a new way of doing it. I am not sure how it works though.

Art work on cars. you know the trucks that have flames going along the side and such stuff. or sexy women painted onto the bonnets! in the old days they used to paint by hand but now there is a new way of doing it. I am not sure how it works though.

I'm not sure of that's what the OP is referring to, onnut.

I think he's talking about the cars that he's seeing around that are fully covered so that it looks like they have a (usually matte black) different finish.

It actually costs more than a paint job. I posted pics in the "Land Rover Thailand" thread - check out the matte black Range Rover I posted in there on page 2 - that is actually a gold-colored Range Rover but "wrapped" in the matte black stickers. ~55,000 THB for that. Looks great IMO but the owner says he wouldn't do it again.

I've heard that by more than a few owners, but if you have the cash and want a change, then it's something to consider as you don't have to strip the paint, remove the engine, etc. etc. for a proper paint job. Good ''wrappers'' offer some kind of guarantee (that Range Rover had a 2-year guarantee for the work).

kevkev1888:

55k THB was for that Range Rover - I'd guess it would be cheaper for a Jazz as it's 1/2 the surface area of a RR, though I don't really know of they charge by surface area or by car, etc.

Prices have come down a lot since they first started doing it (the first cars I saw were high end BMWs that went from white to matte black, back then it was up near 100K THB IIRC).

Nowadays I think you may get a better deal for your Jazz if you shop around. I don't know of any shops, though, sorry. Just approach an owner of a wrapped car and I'm sure he'll recommend/not recommend.

Best of luck and post pics if you do it!

Ironically just saw this website posted on the back of a Mazda clad in carbon fiber tonight in a mall. On the surface it looked good, but up close I was not impressed though your mileage may vary.

It follows contours quite well but folded or stretched corners were a wrinkled or delaminating disaster. Still I can see some benefits of applications but not on the scale of an entire car as far as I'm concerned..

Edited by WarpSpeed

I did one of my cars, cost around 45k, there's lots of qualities. The good ones will come with 5 year warranty. Needs special care with the carwash, they have special treatment for it.

Depending on your car, its same as a paint job cost. But this you can pull off and protects original paint.

H

What is a car wrap.?:)

You know that's, that music stuff well it's not really sang music they talk it, l have one CD in the car.

Want a copy. :D

<removed> off :D, if there is one thing l HATE is Rap crap music, l use the word music VERY loosely in this case. :bah:

So, car wrap is cling film for cars :unsure:. God, what next, Why not stuff a V8 in a ride and get all the admiration you want. B)

Eminem CD on it's way with my compliments.:D

What is a car wrap.?:)

<removed> off :D, if there is one thing l HATE is Rap crap music, l use the word music VERY loosely in this case. :bah:

So, car wrap is cling film for cars :unsure:. God, what next, Why not stuff a V8 in a ride and get all the admiration you want. B)

Eminem CD on it's way with my compliments.:D

I've left the country. :bah:

No such luck.. :P

I had a full vinyl wrap (except roof) done a a Toyota Sport Rider only a month ago in BKK, fantastic job only 17,500THB inc design. The vehicle was completed in a day and that included them removing various parts of the vehicle and re-fitting them.

I have the copy of the invoice but the address and company name is in Thai.

The phone number is 02 6885494 / 086 622 2262

Very professionally done, i have had vehicle wraps done for me in the UK and they were more expensive than this. This company in BKK did a much better job.

good luck.

Ironically just saw this website posted on the back of a Mazda clad in carbon fiber tonight in a mall. On the surface it looked good, but up close I was not impressed though your mileage may vary.

It follows contours quite well but folded or stretched corners were a wrinkled or delaminating disaster. Still I can see some benefits of applications but not on the scale of an entire car as far as I'm concerned..

This is the company that did mine. It's more expensive than other options out there but these guys are probably the biggest operation in Thailand right now, working on a variety of cars. If the OP wants other options, message me and I can pass you contact details.

Overall I'm happy with the wrap- it lets one have colors that are not normally available and absorbs chips and scratches.

Interesting I was looking for wrapping a year or so ago and no one seemed to have a clue.. Plenty of places for vinyl thick decals but none for the thin stretchable wrapping that contours and can be printed.

Edited by LivinLOS

I think he's talking about the cars that he's seeing around that are fully covered so that it looks like they have a (usually matte black) different finish.

It actually costs more than a paint job. I posted pics in the "Land Rover Thailand" thread - check out the matte black Range Rover I posted in there on page 2 - that is actually a gold-colored Range Rover but "wrapped" in the matte black stickers. ~55,000 THB for that. Looks great IMO but the owner says he wouldn't do it again.

I've heard that by more than a few owners, but if you have the cash and want a change, then it's something to consider as you don't have to strip the paint, remove the engine, etc. etc. for a proper paint job. Good ''wrappers'' offer some kind of guarantee (that Range Rover had a 2-year guarantee for the work).

ahhh, now I know what you mean. I saw an Audi TT in Matt Black the other day but thought it was a paint job or choice of finish when bough new. they look cool. how much to do a Fortuner and would I have to register it as a new colour if I went from White to Matt Black?

thank you,

ahhh, now I know what you mean. I saw an Audi TT in Matt Black the other day but thought it was a paint job or choice of finish when bough new. they look cool. how much to do a Fortuner and would I have to register it as a new colour if I went from White to Matt Black?

thank you,

Hey!! That's a good question! I don't have an answer for but would like one too.. In some sense you're not changing the original color but in another sense you're definitely changing it from it's immediately identifiable color. Very curious how that is received by the BIB too?

Edited by WarpSpeed

thank you,

interested in the matt black price for the fortuner as well.

No Idea on costs, but here's a Fortuner with a matt black wrap - I'm pretty sure it's a lot cheaper than the wheels on this one ;)

0p1070668.jpg

0p1070672.jpg

0p1070671.jpg

As the Brits would say, not my cup of tea..

thank you,

interested in the matt black price for the fortuner as well.

No Idea on costs, but here's a Fortuner with a matt black wrap - I'm pretty sure it's a lot cheaper than the wheels on this one ;)

0p1070668.jpg

0p1070672.jpg

0p1070671.jpg

As the Brits would say, not my cup of tea..

Looks like Manit Center Max in Phuket, and if so I believe its sprayed. dont recall the rims size, but extreme. the pre 2008 brakes looks (and are) tiny

like the removal of side indicator from front fenders, and removed roof rail

Edited by katabeachbum

I did one of my cars, cost around 45k, there's lots of qualities. The good ones will come with 5 year warranty. Needs special care with the carwash, they have special treatment for it.

Depending on your car, its same as a paint job cost. But this you can pull off and protects original paint.

H

To quote the late PT Barnum. Another one born every second.

I had a full vinyl wrap (except roof) done a a Toyota Sport Rider only a month ago in BKK, fantastic job only 17,500THB inc design. The vehicle was completed in a day and that included them removing various parts of the vehicle and re-fitting them.

I have the copy of the invoice but the address and company name is in Thai.

The phone number is 02 6885494 / 086 622 2262

Very professionally done, i have had vehicle wraps done for me in the UK and they were more expensive than this. This company in BKK did a much better job.

good luck.

Thanks for the info.

That sounds a good price.

You say inc the design was it a custom print IE advertising?

Will have to get the GF to give them a ring.

Was wandering the same thing about registering color change?

The Jazz is black now anyway so thought stick with black no problem, but I did see a matt orange Mini on the road the other day!

Anyone got any more pics or info to post would be great..

Edited by kevkev1888

I love the way you lie :lol:.....................................................it is an Eminem-Rihanna 's song that pops to mind while reading this :D

LOL, as if T/A would know what you're talking about :)

It's my wife's favorite song BTW, and no, not because the lyrics hold some insight into our relationship, but because the actor in the MV is "suspect zero" from Flash Forward :) hehe

No offense to T/A BTW - He's already said he'd leave the country to avoid "rap" music. He's safe though, because rap died at least a decade or two ago.. Now he has to hate "urban" and "rhythm", or if you're stuck in a Thai timewarp musically, "hip hop" ;)

Edited by MoonRiverOasis

I love the way you lie :lol:.....................................................it is an Eminem-Rihanna 's song that pops to mind while reading this :D

LOL, as if T/A would know what you're talking about :)

It's my wife's favorite song BTW, and no, not because the lyrics hold some insight into our relationship, but because the actor in the MV is "suspect zero" from Flash Forward :) hehe

No offense to T/A BTW - He's already said he'd leave the country to avoid "rap" music. He's safe though, because rap died at least a decade or two ago.. Now he has to hate "urban" and "rhythm", or if you're stuck in a Thai timewarp musically, "hip hop" ;)

With all do respect, I've been emphatically corrected by a youthful English student that it is referred to as "Be Boy" in Thailand and not "hip hop" just saying like...She also informs me that it originated here? :huh: That's news to me..... But I digress....

With all do respect, I've been emphatically corrected by a youthful English student that it is referred to as "Be Boy" in Thailand and not "hip hop" just saying like...She also informs me that it originated here? :huh: That's news to me..... But I digress....

We're getting way off topic now, but what I was actually saying is that "hip hop" is an out-dated term for the genre ;)