A Supermarket Like "Rimping" In Bangkok ?

miodo2009

Does any of the TV Chiang Mai forum readers know if there are supermarkets in Bangkok which have a wide range of healthy Western foods, so something like "Rimping" in Chiang Mai ?

I went to the "Villa market" but was disappointed in their assortment.

Any suggestions ?

FoodLand, and its better than Tops and Rimping . There are quite a few spread around bangkok. Sukhomvit Soi 5 has a good one.

Agreed, I recently looked around FoodLand whilst in Bangkok and was surprised by their selection and cheaper prices.

FoodLand, and its better than Tops and Rimping . There are quite a few spread around bangkok. Sukhomvit Soi 5 has a good one.

Agreed, I recently looked around FoodLand whilst in Bangkok and was surprised by their selection and cheaper prices.

Foodland is excellent!! Suk soi 5 leaves Rimping for dead. Another very busy one is in Patpong 1 and has an excellent bakery and meat section. The only place for decent imported "goodies" in Bangkok.

Foodland is excellent!! Suk soi 5 leaves Rimping for dead. Another very busy one is in Patpong 1 and has an excellent bakery and meat section. The only place for decent imported "goodies" in Bangkok.

A lot of people think Rimping is the centre of the universe. wink.gif

A lot of people think Rimping is the centre of the universe. wink.gif

Tops is located to serve the community of Chiang Mai on the western side of town. They have never made an effort to expand to the burbs. Rimping has made that effort and for that reason is more successful. I have not been in a Tops for three years and I only shop at Rimping on an average of every 6 weeks. The closes Rimping to me is at Meechok Plaza and IMO has become a nightmare. When I'm in town I may stop at their store on the river.

Tops is located to serve the community of Chiang Mai on the western side of town. They have never made an effort to expand to the burbs. Rimping has made that effort and for that reason is more successful. I have not been in a Tops for three years and I only shop at Rimping on an average of every 6 weeks. The closes Rimping to me is at Meechok Plaza and IMO has become a nightmare. When I'm in town I may stop at their store on the river.

Rimping is OK for a few things, but mostly I can do without it.

I agree that the store by the river is probably the best.