Three Weeks For Visitors Visa Normal For Australia

I sent by EMS Three Weeks one day ago to the Australian Embassy Bangkok an application for a Visitors visa for my Thai wife, visit time required 6 weeks. To date have heard nothing, do I need to be checking up on this application, i.e. has it arrived at the Embassy etc? or is three weeks plus normal. Do I need to go Bangkok?

Now it is only three weeks to our proposed departure.

Any learned advice about this, (I know it is not a tea party).

Thanks in advance

Space

this sounds about normal to me. I have heard that the best option is to drop in in yourself. My GF did this and 6days later we had the visa for Australia.

Maybe some others will let you know the time frame you would expect doing it this way

good luck

From my experience applications sent directly to the Embassy and not lodged with VFS are notoriously slow. Give DIAC a call at the Embassy and ask what the current status of the application is. Unless your wife submitted a Form 956 with her application allowing you to communicate on her behalf, then she will have to call.

DIAC, Australian Embassy, Bangkok (02 344 6400). Hours for phone inquiries are Monday to Friday 2.30pm to 4.30pm. Outside of these hours you will not get through.

Good Luck

Bridge

From my experience it takes them three to four weeks to process the application and return the passport if the application is sent direct to the Embassy. They are also very unhelpful when you phone them, I had a bad experience and was spoken to rather badly by the woman concerned.

From my experience it takes them three to four weeks to process the application and return the passport if the application is sent direct to the Embassy. They are also very unhelpful when you phone them, I had a bad experience and was spoken to rather badly by the woman concerned.

Why is it the the Australian Embassies (world wide I might add) employ people, and not necessary Australian citizens, who have a knack or being rude, arrogant to the extreme and most unhelpful. I remember going to the Australian Embassy in Moscow when I had my passport stolen dealing with a Russian lady who gave me the third degree about getting a passport ( this is showing a photocopy of my passport, my Australian drivers license, my Russian registration papers, my medicare card) at the end of demanded to see her supervisor, which was sullenly granted after one hour of refusing to move, the supervisor came down, she was Australian and withing 10 minutes i had everything sorted out....

Why is it the the Australian Embassies (world wide I might add) employ people, and not necessary Australian citizens, who have a knack or being rude, arrogant to the extreme and most unhelpful. I remember going to the Australian Embassy in Moscow when I had my passport stolen dealing with a Russian lady who gave me the third degree about getting a passport ( this is showing a photocopy of my passport, my Australian drivers license, my Russian registration papers, my medicare card) at the end of demanded to see her supervisor, which was sullenly granted after one hour of refusing to move, the supervisor came down, she was Australian and withing 10 minutes i had everything sorted out....

Whenever someone (ie: member of the public) gets screwed about by some bureaucrat (anywhere in the World) it is usually because that individual gets an egoic kick out of ruining your day because it makes their ego feel strong (momentarily). ie: "If I can f&$%$# up your day then I am powerful and therefore I will feel good about myself". The same thing drives office politics.