Claiming Benefits Whilst In Thailand

beano2274

Living off the Social in Thailand  

113 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

That's not a a GOOD EXAMPLE you most have problems or just really BORED with YOUR Life.I wake up ever day and enjoy my life,you should try it. LOL

Defrauding the taxpayer is stealing ... not from the government but from me directly. I doubt many people would go out of their way to look for frauds/cheats but many people would think there is a moral obligation to prevent/report theft. The poster you are replying to stated that his example was extreme but similar in scope to your previous statement.

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Live and let live!

Hasn't Thailand changed over the last couple of decades - even apparrent through the posters on Thaivisa.

All the posters that were adventurous, fun, and I'd like to meet are banned.

20 years ago Thailand was full of people who were adventurous, whacky and different. The internet dating and other things has brought the boring, do-gooding, civil-servant types.

Live and let live!

Hasn't Thailand changed over the last couple of decades - even apparrent through the posters on Thaivisa.

20 years ago Thailand was full of people who were adventurous, whacky and different. The internet dating and other things has brought the boring, do-gooding, civil-servant types.

So you're saying stealing is OK?

I guess most of the backpackers you met then have mortgages and kids now and....yes pay whacking tax bills.

Oh well.

Would you bubble someone living in Thailand and claiming benefits he/she was not really entitled to? Never heard that before BUBBLE LOL I guess some people wanted to be cops and did not make it. I just worry about myself thats usually a full time job,I don't mess with other people stuff,and they don't mess with me.mind your own business,less stress you will live longer,why would you worry about turning people in! Unreal,next thing you will want to turn your freind in for littering on the street.Some people just can't help themself.There is a word for that but I think I am just going to have a drink

Yes everyday i spy on people getting ready to turn them in for everything. It's a full time job it makes me feel great. Get real the chances that you ever come across something like this are not that big. So if you see a rape and they don't mess with you its all ok ? Just keeping on walking pretending you haven't seen it. I know the example is a bit extreme but so is your post.

That's not a a GOOD EXAMPLE you most have problems or just really BORED with YOUR Life.I wake up ever day and enjoy my life,you should try it. LOL

I think your sarcasm monitor was not on. What i said in the beginning of my post was sarcasm. I would report someone for sure. But i don't go out of my way to find them. Why would I i have a busy job and enough hobbies to keep myself busy. But if i by accident come across someone who is defrauding then yes I would report him. It is stealing in a way. Its just that i work hard for my money, pay taxes, and it just does not sit right with me that people who are defrauding stealing from me. If there was no fraud taxes would be lower.

Live and let live!

I guess most of the backpackers you met then have mortgages and kids now and....yes pay whacking tax bills.

Oh well.

It depends who you steal from.

I wasn't talking about backpakers, i was talking about about people who were settled here years ago. backpackers are still here.

Live and let live!

Oh well.

I wasn't talking about backpakers, i was talking about about people who were settled here years ago. backpackers are still here.

I just think if half the peeps claiming incapacity benefit returned to work as they are well capable then the people really needing the benefit would receive a bit more and the world would be a better place.

Bit of a dreamer I know....:rolleyes:

Live and let live!

Oh well.

I just think if half the peeps claiming incapacity benefit returned to work as they are well capable then the people really needing the benefit would receive a bit more and the world would be a better place.

Bit of a dreamer I know....:rolleyes:

Your right on the money.. but hey everyone wants a free ride and if you tell them your not ok with it they get angry.

I know a guy that hasn't worked for over 30years, in fact, he's never worked , he claims disability because of drug addiction and the psychological problems that go with it.

He gets a <deleted> load of benefits, everything paid for in UK by the government, he trades on EBay earning 7 - 800 Pounds per week, he has a ThaI wife who he met during one of his 3 trips per year here, he bought land in her name and paid for the house to be built in cash !

Not bad for a guy on benefits. blink.gif

Edited by MrsMills

Some one I got to know whilst here in Thailand mentioned, during normal conversation, how they were managing to support themselves when in Thailand, claiming benefits in the UK and making frequent trips back and forth when it was necessary for them to do whatever they needed to do to ensure they still received their benefits.

A debate ensued when I made my stance on the subject very clear and them justifying why they were doing it. No matter what they said in defence of their actions I couldn't accept what they were doing and the next day I telephoned and emailed the DWP. A few days later I met the same individual again and before we'd exchanged hellos I told them what I had done. After a few expletives, they left and I haven't seen them again.

I'd do it again without hesitation!

A fine, noble upstanding fellow such as yourself is unlikely to ever find himself short of friends. You must be the life and soul of any party!

y stamp from the age of 14 yr

Defrauding the taxpayer is stealing ... not from the government but from me directly. I doubt many people would go out of their way to look for frauds/cheats but many people would think there is a moral obligation to prevent/report theft. The poster you are replying to stated that his example was extreme but similar in scope to your previous statement.

Well, if you are thinking as broadly as that, then i think you are stealing from me. I worked and paid my stamp and taxes from the age of 14 yrs till the age of 40 yrs when i immigrated to another country in 1973. My pension entitlements were then frozen by the UK govt. So after working for all those years my Brit pension remains what it was when i left in 1973 and that is just 97.65 Brit pounds per month and will stay at that till i die. So who is stealing from whom ? As far as i am concerned the UK can get rooted ! which from what i see, it already is . :annoyed:

Would you bubble someone living in Thailand and claiming benefits he/she was not really entitled to? Never heard that before BUBBLE LOL I guess some people wanted to be cops and did not make it. I just worry about myself thats usually a full time job,I don't mess with other people stuff,and they don't mess with me.mind your own business,less stress you will live longer,why would you worry about turning people in! Unreal,next thing you will want to turn your freind in for littering on the street.Some people just can't help themself.There is a word for that but I think I am just going to have a drink

I agree with that Fishman, there are many 'grubs' in this world who would dob their own grandmothers in. These people would have had a wonderful time living in communist Russia , Pol Pots Cambodia or Hitlers Germany. If Hitler had got to UK , these are the types he would have had working for him. They are disgusting little men.

Think i will have a drink with you mate ! before i am sick.

I agree with that Fishman, there are many 'grubs' in this world who would dob their own grandmothers in. These people would have had a wonderful time living in communist Russia , Pol Pots Cambodia or Hitlers Germany. If Hitler had got to UK , these are the types he would have had working for him. They are disgusting little men.

Ah yes turning thiefs in is a bad thing and stealing is good because you were treated unfair. I have to agree its bad what has been done to you but that does not mean that stealing is good. If there were no thiefs your pension might have increased. Fact is the welfare system is too expensive because many people use it who are not entitled to it. I rather keep it small for the people who really need it instead of letting people who are not entitled steal from it so the people who are get even less.

And WW 2 remarks are so cliche. If you cant win an argument with facts you go after the person. It seems that is what you have just done.

I used to think like that, but I don't anymore. People who pay taxes are saps IMO. Their money is used to wage wars, bailout irresponsible and even cheating bankers. Anything but what is good and sustainable and correct. People tend to go along because their own "retirement systems" are more often than not tied to buying the shares of corporations that would love to pollute their neighbourhoods and pay them a substandard wage. Nice deal for the corporations. People will even fight wars for them and bring their own country to its knees. Lucky for the corporations they know no allegiance to any country or person.

:D :D

Ah yes turning thiefs in is a bad thing and stealing is good because you were treated unfair. I have to agree its bad what has been done to you but that does not mean that stealing is good. If there were no thiefs your pension might have increased. Fact is the welfare system is too expensive because many people use it who are not entitled to it. I rather keep it small for the people who really need it instead of letting people who are not entitled steal from it so the people who are get even less.

And WW 2 remarks are so cliche. If you cant win an argument with facts you go after the person. It seems that is what you have just done.

Yeeeeeeee Haaaaaaaaaaaaa the Mackerels (kippers) are biting well tonight :):D :D :D :D :DB):whistling:

I used to think like that, but I don't anymore. People who pay taxes are saps IMO. Their money is used to wage wars, bailout irresponsible and even cheating bankers. Anything but what is good and sustainable and correct. People tend to go along because their own "retirement systems" are more often than not tied to buying the shares of corporations that would love to pollute their neighbourhoods and pay them a substandard wage. Nice deal for the corporations. People will even fight wars for them and bring their own country to its knees. Lucky for the corporations they know no allegiance to any country or person.

lannarebirth Yes the real criminals are the corporations......If corporations were a person it would indeed be a psychopath

Get ready for the new UK government to swing the axe on Disability benefits.Many more interviews and assessment. The last pile of 13 years Labour C**p allowed the wasters to fake and scam. Now if you can talk or write (walking not necessary) you can work.

To claim a benefit you are not legally entltled to in your own country is bad enough but to claim while living overseas is even more shameful. So less " bad mouthing" those who have or would "shop" the criminals

Edited by KKvampire

Get ready for the new UK government to swing the axe on Disability benefits.Many more interviews and assessment. The last pile of 13 years Labour C**p allowed the wasters to fake and scam. Now if you can talk or write (walking not necessary) you can work.

To claim a benefit you are not legally entltled to in your own country is bad enough but to claim while living overseas is even more shameful. So less " bad mouthing" those who have or would "shop" the criminals

7000 letters out 1.6 Million ish to go ! The airfares should outway the benifits :rolleyes:

Social Security is a Privilage...Not a right!

Some of you guys seem to forget this.

I know a guy here in Samui, fit as a fiddle in his mid 40's.

He was boasting that he got a "disability pension" because of a bad back!

The way he explained it I'm sure he had convinced himself it was true! this guy has absolutely nothing wrong with him,

I have a video of him renovating his bar, anyone know where I can send it? :rolleyes:

He isn't by any chance the guy you wanted to cheat out of the house he had paid for?:whistling:

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/381311-im-about-to-buy-a-property-and-the-farang-owner-doesnt-even-know-its-being-sold/page__p__3733437__fromsearch__1#entry3733437

your a lowlife if you grass someone up.. worst ppl on the planet are grasses

Nah, a lowlife by definition is a person that sponges off other people. If you are fit to work but are claiming benefits (particularly overseas) then you aren't just stealing from me (which you are) and not just stealing from my parents (which you are) you are stealing for the people that really need it and that simply qualifies you as a lowlife :)

Ya.....I would Snitch(bubble). Worked my whole life, still busting my ass so ONE DAY I can move their and have a few bucks in my pocket.

I am curious, I would like to see the ages of people who said yes and no to the question.

I would bet you that everyone that said no they wouldn't tell are young. It's like the cant see the connection yet. When people defraud the gov they are STEALING from you too.

Just my 2 cents

:jap:

Ya.....I would Snitch(bubble). Worked my whole life, still busting my ass so ONE DAY I can move their and have a few bucks in my pocket.

I am curious, I would like to see the ages of people who said yes and no to the question.

I would bet you that everyone that said no they wouldn't tell are young. It's like the cant see the connection yet. When people defraud the gov they are STEALING from you too.

Just my 2 cents

:jap:

Im relatively young 37 yo. And i would tell. Its just not fair that people like you bust your ass off while others just take a free ride. But some people seem that i am akin to Hitler just for telling on an other. Its not like i would go out of my way to spy on someone and tell. I got better things to do. I just think that cheating on social security is a bad thing and will blow up the whole system.

So those people that say 'they would not bubble on someone'.....what about if that person was not from the UK, but from another country, maybe got asylum and was recently given permanent residence in the UK and were doing the same?

Bubble or not?

Why stress about the small potatoes crooks when the big time crooks are left alone?

A crime which undermines a welfare system on which very many people genuinely rely for help, without which they would not be able to survive.

If the welfare system falls apart how are those very many deserving cases going to get by in life?

Arguably one of the most civilised thing a nation can do is look after those who cannot look after themselves - And scum abuse it.

And you say that is 'a small crime'.

Sorry, but this is all laughable. In the U.S., for example, government has already broken its contract with the citizenry. If special business interests want cheap labor, what do they do? Turn to the Republicrats and let them flood the country with illegal labor that undermines citizens' wages. How do the newcomers survive? They get benefits galore, either indirectly (education, medical, "diversity" quotas, tax avoidance through false SS#s, etc.) or directly with cash benefits (illegal families receive TANF, WIC, SCHIP, and cash for their American born children whose birth itself is usually paid for by taxpayers). To inform on somebody in Thailand because they might be getting disability or some other benefit through questionable channels back in America, while letting 20-30 million illegal aliens crash the system, is the equivalent of throwing a sandbag in the path of that Japanese tsunami in the expectation you are going to do something meaninful to save a town.

Turn the tables. So you guys that voted yes would then also grass up to a guy that his lady you KNEW, who had hooked a farang purely to get into the UK for it's benefits, including a UK passport and the rewards that might bring with no underlying thought for her husband. ?

Don't think so. :rolleyes:

I know two ' ladies ', right at this time who are working on it.

If i knew of a thai lady hooking up with a guy purely to live in uk then dump him,i would tell the guy.In response to fraudsters,unless they were very arrogant about their behaviour i wouldnt snitch on the parasitic,low life scum and vermin.Would be brilliant if one of these creatures were reading this,but would they feel bad,would they hell,they are used to not working for years,and actualy believe they are not scumbags.

One guy was playing golf with us and said how he claims invalidity in the uk for his back,then hit a drive of 300 yards,we fell about laughing.He then said he has worked all his life and isnt parasitic scum and vermin,he hasnt worked for over 20 years,Jack the lad who think he is mafia,he is just a filthy ponce

Edited by somtampet

So where does the fine line lie between being a Sneak and doing the Right Thing?

Oi, the Dook's bubble and squeak, inne?

Only 1 thing worse than a thief and thats a grass..

You sound like the kind of guy who is claiming benefits illegally and justifying himself.