I'M About To Buy A Property And The Farang Owner Doesn'T Even Know It'S Being Sold!

My wife and I inspected a property for sale on the weekend, advertised through a Thai website.

The owner, a Thai woman, told my wife that she has an English boyfriend that bought and built the property in her name but he is "playboy/butterfly" and he run away 6 months ago so now she is selling everything "to start new life".

We can get the property very cheap and she is even willing to including all the furniture and fittings.

I worry that she is trying to sell quickly before her "teerak" arrives back from England.

It really is a very very good deal. I could resell immediately and realise 25% profit (even in this economic climate).

So carefull guys if you have bought in your girlfriends name, I'm just about to aquire your property for a song :)

• Like 1

• Replies 277
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Perhaps you are also prepared and expected to pay any 'unofficial' borrowing on the house when they come calling........:D............you know the song........"I never felt more like singing the blues" :lol:

Perhaps you are also prepared and expected to pay any 'unofficial' borrowing on the house when they come calling........:D............you know the song........"I never felt more like singing the blues" :lol:

Edited by Livinginexile

I hope the OP is prepared for a farang to come back in the future possibly with a bulldozer and wrecking crew! :D

Farangs do strange things when their tee-raks shanghai the property...

Its nice to hear the womans side of the story for a change.

Now the farang involved will come onto a forum like this and write a big hit piece on Thai women.

I'd watch your step here, if the guy returns with a bunch of receipts for the house or contents you might find that she didn't own anything apart from the land in the first place which would probably nullify the sale as it wasn't hers to sell.

I doubt she will make this mistake again assuming you don't take the risk and purchase it.

You're saying the lease on the house doesn't have his name on it?

I've seen your posts here before, so I'll assume it's true (almost too good to be true). What do you care if he returns from England? Punch him on the nose. He'll probably start crying, and run away..

I hope the OP is prepared for a farang to come back in the future possibly with a bulldozer and wrecking crew! :D

Now the farang involved will come onto a forum like this and write a big hit piece on Thai women.

What an awful colour typeface !

I didn't notice that we have had the woman's side of 'the story'. Someone who apparantly has full title to a property is selling a house from under her husband (who may or may not be legally entitled to some of the proceeds).

Exactly the same thing happened to someone I know - the wife was actually lying through her teeth. She had 2 Thai boyfriends, had alraedy 'hocked' the car he had previously paid cash for and wanted to get the cash for the property before his next visit.

He is now attempting to recover some of his money through a lawyer - I give him little chance of recovery.

On a practical note, an enraged Farang is arguably less likely to bulldoze a house once it has been sold on.

Is it not possible that she is lying?  :whistling:

Is it not possible that she is lying? :whistling:

Highly possible and I'm sure the whole story is not being presented. Sounds like she wants to get back at the guy through you, otherwise she could hold off a bit longer and realize the 25% gain you think you'll get. Caveat Emptor!!!!

while i personally wouldn't think twice about robbing the op blind., i doubt i would take the time to post about it here.

your bragging deserves little respect.

Edited by t.s

I'd watch your step here, if the guy returns with a bunch of receipts for the house or contents you might find that she didn't own anything apart from the land in the first place which would probably nullify the sale as it wasn't hers to sell.

I doubt she will make this mistake again assuming you don't take the risk and purchase it.

If the house was in the Farangs name it would be on the Chanote and she wouldn't be able to sell it.

If the Thai lady's name is on the Chanote than it's hers to sell.

If the Thai lady's name is on the Chanote than it's hers to sell.

I'm not disputing the fact that she can sell the land if she owns it. There have been cases where guys have removed a house and all posessions from land owned by scheming ex wives. Much to the ex's disappointment they found they could not stop the guy from doing this as he had proof of purchase for his posessions - the house and it's contents.

It seems that if you buy enough blocks, timber, etc to build a house the ownership of these items doesn't transfer to the land owner merely because you put them together on someone elses land. They still belong to the purchaser and as such have nothing to do with land ownership.

Clearer now ?

I didn't notice that we have had the woman's side of 'the story'. Someone who apparantly has full title to a property is selling a house from under her husband (who may or may not be legally entitled to some of the proceeds).

Exactly the same thing happened to someone I know - the wife was actually lying through her teeth. She had 2 Thai boyfriends, had alraedy 'hocked' the car he had previously paid cash for and wanted to get the cash for the property before his next visit.

He is now attempting to recover some of his money through a lawyer - I give him little chance of recovery.

On a practical note, an enraged Farang is arguably less likely to bulldoze a house once it has been sold on.

See ? here we go again with the mans side of the story. She had 2 boyfriends blah blah blah.

Go Holland

Is it not possible that she is lying? :whistling:

anyone could be lying, not just the Thai woman.

Go Holland

Edited by sokal

See ? here we go again with the mans side of the story. She had 2 boyfriends blah blah blah.

Go Holland

Please read what has been posted Sokal.

The 2 boyfriends relate to someone else - not the OP.

Your orange-tinted glasses are obviously affecting your vision :lol:

As you`ll be buying the house under the same principles as the other farang did I hope what goes around comes around and then we`ll see if your so smug.

We had no idea a Farang was involved untill we inspected the property and when I asked where he was she said she hadn't heard from him for 6 months.

She "claims" the chanote is in her name but we didn't see it.

If we do decide to go ahead I will get our lawyer to go over it with a fine tooth comb.

Edited by Livinginexile

Your jealous that your country is out already (even though your right about Sokal)

Your jealous that your country is out already (even though your right about Sokal)

Mai chai robblok. :) My country is exactly where it deserves to be. :(

Good luck to Holland - i think a Holland vs Spain final would be very entertaining.

Mai chai robblok. :) My country is exactly where it deserves to be. :(

Good luck to Holland - i think a Holland vs Spain final would be very entertaining.

The fact that she is so desperate to sell the property, indicates to me that some thing is not on the "up and up."

I currently have situation similar to this, except I did not buterfly around and I aint from England. The wife informed me of her relationship after I placed 100,000 USD down on a 7.7 M Bht house.... now the house is up for sell....

I wish us all luck

But as others have posted, the land my not be the victim's but the house very well could be, or at least a share of the house is. "thus sayeth my divorce atorney"