True Welcome Screen

inzman

It is a pain sometimes but My connection never goes down and is very very fast so I have learned to live with it

I agree - just live with it, it only takes a second to close it after all.

What amuses / amazes me however - not just in Thailand - is that Advertising people are somehow able to convince their Management that these extremely annoying Ads can generate revenue for the Parent Company - does anyone ever "Click" on the Ad to "see more" or “Roll Over” whatever???

Go away! – I am not impressed by your attempts to distract me from finding what I want to see and your pathetic attempts at diversion!

Why do you deliberately obstruct the Content I have asked for? Why is the “Close” or “X” button slyly hidden in the same colour background – or often not even visible until you move the Mouse into the top right hand corner of you generic Ad.?

Just like the Nation Website recently – I have to Click through on the Main Page until I get to what I really want to see - even with AdBlocker type software I use, when I first enter the Site I still only get to a page which asks "Enter Site?”.

What a waste of time and Bandwidth – and I am absolutely sure it angers more people than it attracts.

OK sorry – rant over!

Patrick

I asked the same question a few months ago here... Same response... A PITA but live with it unless you want to pony up cash to buy your own modem/router... Some suggested loading a generic router firmware - but the router site is crappy and impossible to find a link to a download page.

I live with it cuz True is pretty good overall...

The main thing that pisses me off is that my IPhone can't keep a wifi connection unattended - so after 2-3 hours can't access the wifi and switches back to my True data connection (Which in NOT unlimited)

Also the advertised 6gb bandwidth is a bit misleading... True it is 6gb from my House here in Silom to BKK True... But bandwidth any place OUTSIDE Thailand drops to 1/2 the speed advertised...

Ok my rant over too... <_<