Sorry I Killed Your Wife, Here's Some Money

sriracha john

No love lost for him here it seems :D

I'm happy he or she (which is it?) is in quarantine too. I can't remember, in any thread no matter what topic, a time when he/she hasn't been condescending, patronising or plain arrogant. How do fellow trading floor personel in BKK tolerate him/her I wonder? I can just imagine him/her coming to a TV meet acting the same way. :o

Can only assume it's a typical anonimous geek and flamer hiding behind the screen.

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In Dubai, anyone found drink-driving is automatically jailed for a month. They don't have to kill anyone or even have an accident. One month in jail to think about what they have done and that they MIGHT have gone on to kill an innocent, and only then after that month do they actually get down to deciding the real sentence.

No messing.

In Dubai, anyone found drink-driving is automatically jailed for a month. They don't have to kill anyone or even have an accident. One month in jail to think about what they have done and that they MIGHT have gone on to kill an innocent, and only then after that month do they actually get down to deciding the real sentence.

No messing.

Yeah and if you wear a Crucifix in the street or smoke a cigarette during Ramadam your stoned to death :o I hated my time in that neck of the woods. Especially Saudi and Kuwait

interesting topic

my personal view is she should pay and have been punished accordingly.

but with every thing

it takes time to alter public opinion and in thailand the average person does not hear about most of the outrages that occur and until they do, things unfortunately i think will not change.

after reading some posters on this topic i did not think for one minute in the west we would have such cold hearted people as some have posted on this topic it seems the west still has some changes to be made

Her in the US it appears to be different. I think you just need more more money and more power to buy your way out but it's done every day.

Didn't cost Ted Kennedy a dime after leaving that girl drownding in the river in his car.

Let's talk "OJ."... :o

I am a Catholic and if I was reponsible for this I am not sure I could live with myself.

So how do you live with yourself now boasting of being a member

of the paedophilia club.

Ahh yes I know - be like the priests after just molesting a child - go

to confession say 3 hail mary's and all is forgiven - now I can live

with myself again.

Given Harmonica's enforced sojourn and the emergence of Barathea as troll of the year, what do we think, boys and girls: Has there been a reincarnation here, with H just re-registering under a new name?

Yes, it has to be said, Harmonica is one sad <deleted> but I'm sure his mum loves him.

The girl in question should be jailed for the killing and receive the death penalty as she fled the scene, but who cares what we think? TiT.

By the way Harmonica, can you possibly explain your earlier post that the perp and the victim are equally to blame.

It stems from an axiom in the general study of KARMA after western influences were able to dig deeper and let the subject evolve:

Its called the Overt-Motivator sequence.

The perp and the victim are each completing a cycle that stems from within their own universes and even though they don't know each other in the physical realm, they complete the cycle of action for the sequence. Past life mechanics play a huge role in this.

This is one of the reaons why a person mysteriously cancels a flight that is destined to crash an hour later.

It is impossible for a being who has no vacuum within his psyche w.r.t this sequence to be overcome by accidental harm.

Hey, its a deep subject and I'm tired. We can talk more about it in some other thread.

It is also a beautiful subject -- from this vantage point, you would not be so quick to denounce and condemn me, my friend.

:D

Hmm..not my understanding of karma. this seems to imply everything is predestined and fixed, not beautiful at all, but depressing.

perhaps mr harmonica can go to jail in the place of annita, as she has escaped, where he can contemplate the beauty of it. :D it'll be good karma my friend

:o

I don't agree with the outcome of the situation, nor do I tolerate the behavior of drinking and driving. but the one thing I will not agree with is people saying that this kind of incident will have surely gotten Anita locked up had it happened anywhere else in the so called "civilized world".

The rich don't care about the poor, that's a pretty good stereotype world wide. We think about the magnitude of this tragedy, and a good majority of us feels that Anita should have been sent to prison as it's a very severe offense she has committed.

I don't disagree with that judgment, but if you magnified the scale of the situation to a western societies, the equivalent would be something like Britney Spears drinking and driving, and accidentally killing someone. Yeah, if the story leaked into the mainstream media, she would surely be incarcerated, however, having that kind of money and people (record companies) who have invested in her, you can't tell me they won't try anything to get her out of that predicament. And maybe she might get away with it pending on the circumstances? it really depends on the situation.

My point is, the poor will always want to be rich. There's nothing alien about that. But imagine Britney running over some poor ol hick who was barely surviving in a trailer home in the middle of louisiana as it was, you can't tell me their families wouldn't seek for a financial settlement.

And for anyone who would suggest that I am just a person prejudice to the poor, F you, I have lived in a trailer home before, and I know what it's like to be poor. I do feel for them, but some people would much rather live off the state than work.

Also, in Thailand, unlike Europe and America, the government doesn't support you if you are disabled nor does the state compensate families who aren't able to make enough for a living should they be unfortunate enough to have lost the bread winner of the family.

... All farangs that complain about Thai racisism should remember that rich Thais feel even less about their poor people than they do about us.

This is a great quote, and I agree with you 100 percent.

In lands far away , the rich and priviledged with their access to high priced representation in court do also get away with murder - OJ ?

an underpriviledged teenager with a couple of tablets of amphetemine if caught will go to jail for several years - a young man with a gun , but the son of an influential politician who murders some one in a crowded nightclub is likely to walk free.

the law is not equal - thats just propaganda , in all countries.

Very true.

... The correct strategy should be aimed at society as a whole, a prison sentence for manslaughter by a drunk driver seems perfectably acceptable and would help society as a whole by making people think before they drink and drive next time.

The situation as it is seems to mean that if you have money and a few contacts you can get off with a fine for manslaughter and if you are poor, its jail.  Hardly fair really but this is Thailand's justice system.

Harmonica, for the well being of society as a whole you must think that for drink driving manslaughter, the crime should be punishable by more than an amount of money?

The most excellent point made so far, IMHO.

OK Harmonica, you have taken the first step and admitted you are an American, and therefore the nearest thing we have in this world to a child at any age, but a Californian. Now I understand why not absolve all responsibility for your actions.

I hope I never meet you in Bangkok, unlikely because I avoid self-absorbed US baby boomers, but can I be honest? You are a sad little man who doensn't even care that some poor person has lost everything in their life because, Hey - Money makes everything OK! right

This is Asia where somethings matter more than money, and we have seen the US commitment to SE Asia when money runs out.

Shame on you.

Ok, I was with you the whole way, until you started this blame and shame sh*t based on nationality. Since you have no problem lumping me into the same category as Harmonica, I now hold you responsible for all the ignorant British yobs that hunt people of color down in England to kill. And you have the nerve to admit you're a Catholic while on a typical UK superiority rant - special.

Ok, I was with you the whole way, until you started this blame and shame sh*t based on nationality.  Since you have no problem lumping me into the same category as Harmonica, I now hold you responsible for all the ignorant British yobs that hunt people of color down in England to kill.  And you have the nerve to admit you're a Catholic while on a typical UK superiority rant - special.

Fair point Kat , but if you had suicide bombers in USA I reckon the knee-jerk retaliation would be on a massive scale.

Ok, I was with you the whole way, until you started this blame and shame sh*t based on nationality.  Since you have no problem lumping me into the same category as Harmonica, I now hold you responsible for all the ignorant British yobs that hunt people of color down in England to kill.  And you have the nerve to admit you're a Catholic while on a typical UK superiority rant - special.

Ignorant British yobs there are aplenty (we now call them "Chavs"), but saying they hunt down people of colour is absolute rubbish. How many racist killings are there in the UK per year? How many in other countries? How many in Thailand? What do you class as a racist assault or killing? The press love to jump on the race bandwagon. How many of these problems stemmed from some loud banter, strong (possibly racist) words in an argument, words exchanged by both sides and then a fight?

Do you really know how many times "people of colour" verbally attack or assault your average white Joe in the UK? How many times is that reported in the media as a "racist attack"? I would say very few. I have seen and been the victim of several racist outbursts for being a white (and to them weaker, inferior) in my own country while at no time have I ever seen a group of English yobs target people of colour only due to their colour. There is a surprising number of "no-go areas" for white Brits now, with none that I know of for ethnic minorities. Things have changed in the UK Kat, some say turned around.

I don't mean to get into a race debate Kat, but you should have left that bit out. It's certainly not only Brits who have superiority rants.

My mini inferiority rant over :o

Fair point Kat , but if you had suicide bombers in USA I reckon the knee-jerk retaliation would be on a massive scale.

Actually, we had 9/11 in the states, and yes there was knee-jerk retaliation. However, I'm not the first one to get up on a nationality soap-box to start condemning all people of that nation for the acts of other stupid idiots. My only point is that the UK is also not in short supply of stupid idiots, a point that seems to escape many posters here when they start ranting about Americans.

Ignorant British yobs there are aplenty (we now call them "Chavs"), but saying they hunt down people of colour is absolute rubbish. How many racist killings are there in the UK per year? How many in other countries? How many in Thailand? What do you class as a racist assault or killing? The press love to jump on the race bandwagon. How many of these problems stemmed from some loud banter, strong (possibly racist) words in an argument, words exchanged by both sides and then a fight?

Do you really know how many times "people of colour" verbally attack or assault your average white Joe in the UK? How many times is that reported in the media as a "racist attack"? I would say very few. I have seen and been the victim of several racist outbursts for being a white (and to them weaker, inferior) in my own country while at no time have I ever seen a group of English yobs target people of colour only due to their colour. There is a surprising number of "no-go areas" for white Brits now, with none that I know of for ethnic minorities. Things have changed in the UK Kat, some say turned around.

I don't mean to get into a race debate Kat, but you should have left that bit out. It's certainly not only Brits who have superiority rants.

My mini inferiority rant over :o

oh please, give me a break - I'm not trying to get into a racial argument or play a "race card", I'm just talking about reality. The UK has homegrown racism the same as the states. The difference is that it does not seem to be discussed and dissected the same as in the states. Somehow there seems to be a lot of English that love to talk about racist America without considering their own racism. And I don't need to to rely soley on media accounts - I have plenty of British West Indian friends who say unanimously that it is better in the states than in the UK. And I wasn't talking about stats I was talking about personal accounts - I don't need to reference and footnote every comment I make on this forum.

Please don't tell me what I should include or leave out, as I am an American and an ethnic minority, and I can make a point about excessive anti-American comments by paralleling it to race if I very well please. And by the way, if you think my comments are inaccurate, they are no more so than the bulk of anti-American bashers that comment here.

I have no interest in getting into a racial discussion with you either because it would be a waste of time.

Edited by kat

Actually, we had 9/11 in the states, and yes there was knee-jerk retaliation.  However, I'm not the first one to get up on a nationality soap-box to start condemning all people of that nation for the acts of other stupid idiots.  My only point is that the UK is also not in short supply of stupid idiots, a point that seems to escape many posters here when they start ranting about Americans. 

Absolutely , we have loads of them , the tw@ts who were responsible for 7/7 and 21/7 were British citizens. At least your terrorists had the decency to be foreign.

Actually, we had 9/11 in the states, and yes there was knee-jerk retaliation.  However, I'm not the first one to get up on a nationality soap-box to start condemning all people of that nation for the acts of other stupid idiots.  My only point is that the UK is also not in short supply of stupid idiots, a point that seems to escape many posters here when they start ranting about Americans. 

Absolutely , we have loads of them , the tw@ts who were responsible for 7/7 and 21/7 were British citizens. At least your terrorists had the decency to be foreign.

Your wrong, man. I remember before we invaded Iraq an army personnal who was born and rised as a muslim in Amercia turned on his platoon mates to defend Islam. Forgive me but I can't recall his name and rank.

There was always the white male who joined the terrorist, I thought he was American, I could be wrong.

I remember reading an article shortly after 9/11 which told the story of a Pepsi delivery worker bringing Pepsi products to a shop own by muslims on 9/11. The two owners where watching the news and dancing and laughing. Pepsi along with everyone else pulled their products and the store went under.

The point is no matter how many times you guys from the U.K. say that we are so different from you, you're just whistling in the wind.

dont worry ,That Anita is punished By Thais already..she lost her  job ..

Hmmm...

I guess that's pretty harsh....considering the victim's wife didn't lose her job, but her life..... :o

Without even reading all of the first page I can see that this singer is already being harshly condemmed by farang forum members purely because she is rich and famous and some of us are already jumping to conclusions about 'only in Thailand' and 'She lost her job, well, somebody lost a life' etc... etc.. blah blah blah, what - do you want this woman to be hanged by the neck until dead?

I'm sure this singer is (was) an irritating, hi so, over-westernised premadonna but she is still a person and people make mistakes and no matter what goes on in a court of law - BambinA has alrady proved that there is justice, harsh justice among the Thai's as people no matter what faults are in their law system or government which are certainly no more than in our own.

Your wrong, man. I remember before we invaded Iraq an army personnal who was born and rised as a muslim in Amercia turned on his platoon mates to defend Islam. Forgive me but I can't recall his name and rank.

There was always the white male who joined the terrorist, I thought he was American, I could be wrong.

I remember reading an article shortly after 9/11 which told the story of a Pepsi delivery worker bringing Pepsi products to a shop own by muslims on 9/11. The two owners where watching the news and dancing and laughing. Pepsi along with everyone else pulled their products and the store went under.

The point is no matter how many times you guys from the U.K. say that we are so different from you, you're just whistling in the wind.

Yes I was aware of that particular sh1thead , but he waited until he was out of the US before he showed his colours. I wasn't making a point and usually stand up for the USA in any Yank bashing that goes on around here. I do believe though , with reason , that we have a bigger problem in the UK with our home grown terrorists than you guys. And that isn't something I would wish on any country.

Edited by chonabot

Hmmm...

I guess that's pretty harsh....considering the victim's wife didn't lose her job, but her life..... :o

Without even reading all of the first page I can see that this singer is already being harshly condemmed by farang forum members purely because she is rich and famous and some of us are already jumping to conclusions about 'only in Thailand' and 'She lost her job, well, somebody lost a life' etc... etc.. blah blah blah, what - do you want this woman to be hanged by the neck until dead?

I'm sure this singer is (was) an irritating, hi so, over-westernised premadonna but she is still a person and people make mistakes and no matter what goes on in a court of law - BambinA has alrady proved that there is justice, harsh justice among the Thai's as people no matter what faults are in their law system or government which are certainly no more than in our own.

<deleted> Scampy , if there was justice , whatever this womans standing in society, she should do some hard time , not 36 hours of community service.

If it were my wife and child who were killed , and the perp was walking around a few weeks later , I would fear for her safety.

How would you feel? Maybe when you have a wife and sprog you will have a different viewpoint.

Hope China is cool btw... :D

Hmmm...

<deleted> Scampy , if there was justice , whatever this womans standing in society, she should do some hard time , not 36 hours of community service.

If it were my wife and child who were killed , and the perp was walking around a few weeks later , I would fear for her safety.

How would you feel? Maybe when you have a wife and sprog you will have a different viewpoint.

Chon, didn't the family settle for the money? If not, she would have gone to prison. That's how i understand this type of situation to work. If i'm wrong could somebody clear it up as to what does happen.

MrBoJ

Hmmm...

I guess that's pretty harsh....considering the victim's wife didn't lose her job, but her life..... :D

Chon, didn't the family settle for the money? If not, she would have gone to prison. That's how i understand this type of situation to work. If i'm wrong could somebody clear it up as to what does happen.

MrBoJ

Yes MrB I believe that was the case , but in a criminal court of law she should have served a mandatory non-negotiable sentence that fitted the crime of manslaughter due to dangerous driving ( or something....... :o )

Yes I was aware of that particular sh1thead , but he waited until he was out of the US before he showed his colours. I wasn't making a point and usually stand up for the USA in any Yank bashing that goes on around here. I do believe though , with reason , that we have a bigger problem in the UK with our home grown terrorists than you guys. And that isn't something I would wish on any country.

You might have point there but I could not even begin to tell you why that is. We have just as many muslims as you do. I expected more homegrown terror here, but I have been surprised.

If thats the Thais want to handle the issue, I can't agrue. I don't like that someone can buy off jail time, but we do it here in American as well. I only think of her as a bad person because she was being reckless, and she ran from the sence, that is what bugs me. I wouldn't ask for money, I would demand jail time, if I was a part of the Thai legal system.

Edited by thaibebop

Hmmm...

Respectfully granted Chon, I don't have a wife and a sprog - much as I'd love to, and I'm sure it changes ones viewpoint on a vast range of things.

My point was that the general Thai public have disowned her and look upon her with the same disdain that we are but, as is everywhere, the law in an ass.

I agree there was no justice with the law but there was in a way with her place in society thereafter, savvy?

Oh, and China is cool in the temperate sense but only after dark, thanks for asking and hope to catch you later in the year if you're popping over. :D

Hmmm...

Without even reading all of the first page I can see that this singer is already being harshly condemmed by farang forum members purely because she is rich and famous

Wrong. First off, she's not that rich and famous. Secondly, I would be equally dismayed by the lack of an appropriate punishment if it was a unemployed street sweeper who did the same thing.

and some of us are already jumping to conclusions about 'only in Thailand' and 'She lost her job, well, somebody lost a life' etc... etc.. blah blah blah, what - do you want this woman to be hanged by the neck until dead?

No... but how about something more appropriate? Drunk driving, even WITHOUT killing a mother and seriously injuring her child, in Thailand can result in a day or two in jail. Add in the felony count of hit and run... and well, I think there is somewhere in the middle of the vast pendulum swing of options between the death penalty and no jail-time/no community service.

I'm sure this singer is (was) an irritating, hi so, over-westernised premadonna but she is still a person and people make mistakes and no matter what goes on in a court of law - BambinA has alrady proved that there is justice, harsh justice among the Thai's as people

Harsh? :D Losing her popularity is not on a par with the offense committed. Loss of face is not on an equal footing as loss of life. If one has life, one can attempt to regain face. People are often forgiven with the passing of time. The victim doesn't have that opportunity. Anita selfishly took it from her.

no matter what faults are in their law system or government which are certainly no more than in our own.

I certainly do agree with you that there are many injustices in the law systems around the world. I'll try to address them all in time... just happened to start with Anita....as hers was such a glaring injustice. :D

Kat,

Somehow there seems to be a lot of English that love to talk about racist America without considering their own racism.
Really? I haven't noticed any. UK is racist both ways due to many events in recent history (talking about them is off-topic).
Please don't tell me what I should include or leave out, as I am an American and an ethnic minority, and I can make a point about excessive anti-American comments by paralleling it to race if I very well please.

If you cite an incredibly untruthful example in retailiation for a couple of members (who were quickly banned days ago) expect to be picked up on it. Being an American ethnic minority and comparing one basher's opinion on Harmonica "having a typical American attitude" to "UK yobs hunting down and killing non-whites" doesn't give you any special concessions. If comparing Tony's unnecessary comment to "British arrogancy" there might have even been a few Brits with you...we sometimes hate the attitudes of our fellow countrymen too and can/will shoot them down (not literally, cos that would be more than yobbish). Anyway, that would have been a decent comparison of attitudes, that's what I'm saying.

And by the way, if you think my comments are inaccurate, they are no more so than the bulk of anti-American bashers that comment here.
I guess I missed their wind-ups. Not retaliating is better, others did that already and more effectively. Better still, tell them to talk to the hand, that's always a winner.
I have no interest in getting into a racial discussion with you either because it would be a waste of time.

Good comment. No need for it in this thread anyway.

Edited by CarlBkk

Unfortunate and sad for all involved,

This was my first Thai pop CD I bought years ago, and it's still my favorite, play it all the time.

Annita.jpg

Keeping things in perspective, this was an accident, no one was looking to hurt or kill anybody, and it wouldn't be the first time someone panicked and fled the scene.

But it was DWI related, she was tried and convicted, and will live with this tragedy for the rest of her life. Most would give everything for a time machine that would bring them back to that moment, that moment of poor judgment, of getting behind the wheel.

Jails are full of vehicular manslaughters, it doesn't bring back the dead, it's really not even a deterrent because people still routinely drive under the influence at one time or another.

Mathew Broderick while shooting a movie in Ireland also killed someone while driving a back country road. He's still making movies but I'm sure he wished it never happened.

Annita most likely will continue in her career.

Danai Boonpitanon, who was suing for Bt7.45 million as compensation, reached the agreement with Nisita Pongsong – better known as Annita – during a negotiating session mediated by the Civil Court.

The Criminal Court on June 16 this year found Nisita guilty of reckless driving causing death and serious injury to other persons. She was given a suspended jail term and ordered to perform 36 hours of community service.

didn't the family settle for the money? If not, she would have gone to prison. That's how i understand this type of situation to work. If i'm wrong could somebody clear it up as to what does happen.

MrBoJ

No, as a re-post of the OP states, this was the result of a civil lawsuit. Her criminal court case had already been concluded with the aforementioned community service as her only real "punishment." :o She wasn't going to prison regardless of the outcome of the civil lawsuit.

Keeping things in perspective, this was an accident, no one was looking to hurt or kill anybody, and it wouldn't be the first time someone panicked and fled the scene.

But it was DWI related, she was tried and convicted, and will live with this tragedy for the rest of her life. Most would give everything for a time machine that would bring them back to that moment, that moment of poor judgment, of getting behind the wheel. 

Jails are full of vehicular manslaughters, it doesn't bring back the dead, it's really not even a deterrent because people still routinely drive under the influence at one time or another.

Mathew Broderick while shooting a movie in Ireland also killed someone while driving a back country road.  He's still making movies but I'm sure he wished it never happened.

Annita most likely will continue in her career.

Keeping things in further perspective, drunk driving is no accident. She made a conscious decision to drink and a further decision to drive afterwards and her recklessness resulted in several people suffering tremendously. That's why it's a crime. Fleeing the scene of an accident, particularly one involving serious injury/death is also not tolerated as "normal" or "expected" behavior, that's why it is also considered a crime.

I agree she will live with this the rest of her life.... so will the husband and his injured child. I just wonder how much it will truly disturb her conscience as her past behavior of attempting to evade apprehension leads one to believe she comes up a little short in that department. Or as is more likely, if her prior behavior is any indication, will she be consumed more with how her actions have impacted on her and not so much on how much her behavior has impacted on others.

I dare say most of those people wishing for a time machine and contemplating their actions are doing so from a jail cell.

Jails are indeed quite full of vehicular manslaughterers... one wonders why Anita is not with them. :o

While jail time certainly does not bring back the dead... it does provide for justice. It may not be a complete deterrent to stop drunk driving, but statistics elsewhere do prove that strict enforcement of the same DOES reduce the incidence of drunk driving. By avoiding jail time altogether, does that provide a more effective deterrence? I don't think so. Will others look at this case and think, "I guess it really isn't such a big deal to drink and drive?"

Notwithstanding your admiring her singing ability, I certainly DO hope her career is finished... as it has been her only true punishment. Perhaps if she at least holds off on any future recording deals or concerts for a length of time equal to the typical jail time of similiar criminals, I suppose that would at least be something.