American Jumps To His Death

ChiangMaiThai

So what?? At what cost?? A few $100,000 lost at most?? Not enough reason not to offer to those who are in real need and let the few scam artists love with themselves it's still better to error on the side of compassion IMO..

You're right here, pretty much all of the foreigners in Thailand will have paid a lot of tax to their governments over the years. To expect something back in a time of hardship is not wrong. What's wrong is that they will do nothing for you.

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Do they do anything to assist Americans who have come here and run out of money?

no , unfortuanlty not, even the british embassey do nothing apart from advise on western union transfers, its a sham that the british goverment will help every tom , dick and harry in the uk who doesnt hold a uk passport, but wont help there own abroad, but thats a whole different subject

RIP to man

First R I P,

Nobody knows what was going through the mans mind, who knows how or why he had no money left , or what problems he had.

But again why should people who stay at home or for that matter go to Thailand and live within there means help idiots who live the so called dream ,what happens when the dream ends, how many idiots do you help and who pays for it ,Don't leave your brain at the airport, i do not judge this man because nobody knows what problem he had, again i hope he rest in peace,

Are you joking? Half the losers on here will be requesting a free plane ticket home for Xmas.

Agreed.

I know guys on full benefits in UK that come out to Thailand 3 times a year, one has even bought some land and has built a house in Isaan, this is a guy that has never done a days work and paid tax in his life, he's been on benefits all of his working life.

This same guy has a friend that has done the same thing, of course they work also, but its cash in hand, no tax, and everything is paid by the UK government, including his house !!

One guy I know is on full benefits in UK and makes on average 700 to 800 Pounds a week selling on ebay, he spends months at a time in Pattaya living the good life and even has people paying to stay in the Flat that he has been given by and paid for by the UK Government in London.

The welfare scroungers need to beware because the gravy train days of them getting easy money for fck all are coming to an end soon. Soon may that day come :)

myabe living on a remote island some where in Thailand with a long beard now and going by the name of Friday rolleyes.gif

Man Friday was the native, Robinson Crusoe was the guy with the beard. Sarcasm is better if the facts are correct

Amazing that illegals in UK WILL be put on a plane at the tax payers expense.

Now, 1 in 8 in prison in the UK at over a £1000 a week cost, is a foreigner. :huh:

What? if the cost for a one-week stay in a UK's prison is £1000, are the prisoners staying in Hilton ? feeding them what : caviar ?:blink:

sadly I have not been able to post as serving the most ridiculous posting suspension ever given, this guy is selfish, why should other people suffer trauma from his actions? why did he have to do this in a public place, I have never had sympathy for these selfish people

sadly I have not been able to post as serving the most ridiculous posting suspension ever given, this guy is selfish, why should other people suffer trauma from his actions? why did he have to do this in a public place, I have never had sympathy for these selfish people

Good to have you back.

I guess the problem here is that for the homeless people it's not so easy to find somewhere private. Guess he could have got on a bus and taken a trip to a high cliff in the middle of nowhere, but perhaps that assumes a level of clear and rational thinking that might well have been beyond him. Not to mention the practical side of the difficulty of traveling with no money.

Good to have you back.

I guess the problem here is that for the homeless people it's not so easy to find somewhere private. Guess he could have got on a bus and taken a trip to a high cliff in the middle of nowhere, but perhaps that assumes a level of clear and rational thinking that might well have been beyond him. Not to mention the practical side of the difficulty of traveling with no money.

I understand this, but it still could have been done in a much less public environment. As ex police I saw many suicides, some caused absolute chaos (railways etc) and I always felt they were selfish, This guy jumped in an office/shopping complex when a short stroll could have put him in on an abandoned building or jumping from a building into an alley.

I take on board though your comment about state of mind, having never been in that state of mind I could not really say. An acquaintance in Bangkok recently committed suicide, he took pills and was found unconscious by his friend in his condo, was taken to hospital but eventually died from the overdose, much less public but I know that someone still had to find him, but if that person was used to seeing dead bodies then there is less trauma, but some young office worker seeing a guy jump and crash into the floor could be traumatized by seeing it..

its probably easy to call them selfish but like you say I have no idea what he was thinking,I know some people are lucid at the time judging by notes left etc, I also know that studies show that people do actually have a preference about how to do it and they wont be swayed from that method.