Bursting Pimples In Public

kurnell

I'm used to seeing Thais pick at their faces in bathroom and motorbike mirrors, which is disgusting enough but this filthy habit came to a head last week when I spotted a waiter just a few metres from our table, digging into his face moments after serving our food. I don't know about you guys but this puts a real blemish on ones dining experience and my missuz was nearly physically sick at the sight of this chap, who incidentally spent at least 5 minutes at it, oblivious those around him. I took a photo, but unfortunately it is none too clear, otherwise I would publicly shame him.

I know Thais tend to be quite vain and this probably encourages them to try and improve their appearance by removing zits in the swiftest way possible, but even when I tell the locals that digging their nails into their faces is only spreading germs, they don't believe me and just continue on their merry way.

Please don`t upload the photo, your description of the incident sounds bad enough as it is.

Some time ago I was in a Thai noodle cafe at Pattaya. A young scruffy filthy looking guy approached my table. I assumed he was a beggar and told him, sorry I’m not interested and to go away. The guy was persistent and continued to stand there then began saying something in Thai.

By this time I was really cheesed off and shouted at the guy asking him to piss off. Then the guy walked away to the back of the restaurant and went behind the counter, pointing at me angrily to members of the staff. At this point I suddenly twigged that this wasn’t a beggar but one of the waiters working in the café. There was another farang in there looking at me and in hysterics. I felt so embarrassed that I got up and left.

Ah well, as the wise man says; this is Thailand.

Yes, ball scratching is not all that popular in Thailand, I wonder why?

No, but sticking a finger 2 or 3 cms up the nose is.

Yes, I've seen waiters do that too.

I think one of the worst things is when they go to the toilet and don't wash their hands afterward.

I've mentioned somewhere here before that I once saw a street vendor peeling and cutting fruit. She then took the very same knife to gently pick at her teeth. Needless to say I've never bought anything from her.

yeah, the hand washing thing really got to me. I stopped eating at a favorite place because of a number of service related things, that being the straw that broke the camels back.

You can have bad food or bad service but if you have both, u r tommy trucked!*

*(unless you happen to be a worldwide established brand with golden arches as your logo)

Anybody checked out the movie Waiting? (or was it Waiters?)

Having been a waiter myself back in college and after watching that movie; I've realised the folly of pissing off your waiter before s/he brings your food.

Most amazing and revolting things can be added to your meal without you knowing it . . . . and you won't know the difference . . . . blink.gif Is that creamy chicken soup really all that "creamy"?

Talking of off-putting sights in eating establishments in Thailand, It's not always Thais that win fist prize, sat in KFC last month, just about to tuck into some chicken popcorn, I was looking around and saw some old boy, (farang) didn't notice anything odd at first, but then noticed he was sporting a pair of what I can only describe as “old colonial style khaki shorts” (very baggy) The old boy was obviously enjoying his soft drink and the air-con. There was something odd about his posture, and I found myself looking back at this old dude more than I normally may clock someone. He was sat in a chair, lent back, “legs akimbo”

it was then I noticed he was sporting what can only be described as a pinkish, hairy, half inflated, inverted weather balloon, it was emanating from his shorts. Fair play to the old boy.....it was a long weather balloon, (dangling in its own free air space)

Don't know if he was aware he was being an old swinger! But the look on his face said; “This, is living” Unlike the look on my wife's face when I pointed out the free swinging man marble sack, Priceless! She near choked, she still has nightmares! Not being able to decide on whether to tell the old bloke about his po-far, (maybe he know) or pin a 1st prize rosette on it, we left. Who said old people are boring?

Yes, ball scratching is not all that popular in Thailand, I wonder why?

Because so many farangs come to Thailand and are willing to pay large amounts to do it for the Thais? Sabai sabai, sanuk.............

Perhaps this is a potential business venture opportunity for an enterprising foreigner. Ball scratching parlours. I anticipate that the return on investment will be greater than that of a bar.

I was in a restaurant in BKK once and the teen lad serving had terminal acne. I mean really bad. Bless his heart but quite a few were of the whitehead variety and can only be best described as, well, oozing.

They must have eaten well in the kitchen that night because I picked at the food a little and then couldn't eat a single morsel.