Sangsom Blue Label

NaiGreg

I don't think Sangsom "Premium" (Blue Label) still exists. I think it was replaced with Similan (by Sangsom) Export Quality. If you ask at Lost Hut (bamboo bar, last one at end of Moon Muang Soi 1) they will get it for you. Thats where I drink it but they don't usually stock it unless you ask.

Greetings,

Regarding the "aging" of rum. I've read a few articles that say the aging process of rum stops (i.e. no improvement in quality) once the rum has been bottled. In other words, if you purchase a bottle of rum that has been aged for 5 years and do not open the bottle for another 5 years, it would still have the qualities (taste, smoothness, etc) expected of a bottle of 5 year old "aged" rum and not the qualities a 10 year old "aged" bottle of rum.

some additional info can be found here:

http://www.tikiroom....944&forum=10

For what it's worth - When you do get around to opening a bottle of your personal supply of aged rum I would happily volunteer to participate in a taste test. ;-)

OP - I have not seen Blue Label in any of my local CM shops, but I'll keep an eye out for you.

Best regards

Isn't it normally next to the Johny Walker Blue?

It's against the law to have Sangsom on the same self as Johny Walker Blue. Sangsom must be at least two selves below JWB.

I knew there was a reason I bought the cheap stuff......I'm never fooled in supermarkets and always eye the lower shelves. wink.gif

It's against the law to have Sangsom on the same self as Johny Walker Blue. Sangsom must be at least two selves below JWB.

I knew there was a reason I bought the cheap stuff......I'm never fooled in supermarkets and always eye the lower shelves. wink.gif

Actually Sangsom is a fair rum IMHO.

Actually Sangsom is a fair rum IMHO.

Nothing wrong with Sangsom.

Pour into a shot glass and squeeze in half a lime......down the hatch, just like Tequila.

Well I've always been of the school that mixing good booze with anything except water in some form is a waste of good booze. I did try the shot with lime juice though in the interest of research.

Good booze yes!

Did you think the lime juice did anything?.....it works for me.

It's against the law to have Sangsom on the same self as Johny Walker Blue. Sangsom must be at least two shelves below JWB.

Why ?

g

Took u long enough to grab that one.:lol:

Back home we use JW to cold start the Diesel when the temp is 10 below..

NOT for human consumption.

g