Date Of Loy Kratong Big Parade

rycmai

loy krathong is nov 21st on my calendar. that is a sunday. so, will the big parade be on sunday? or will they move it to monday?

i read that the dhamma center kom loy release is on sat 20 november... has that changed? i went several years ago and it was 1 week before the big parade!

There is a very very large sign at the intersection of Tha Phae Road and Charden Prathet Road by the bridge. It gives the dates of 20,21,22. I would thank as in the past there will be a parade all three nights. maybe someone can get a photo of the sign and post it.

Normally the Khom Loy release is the weekend before Ying Ping (full moon) but based on below it is now the Saturday before main Loy Krathong day.

Pulled off other forum:

I went to Wat Tudong Temple and talked with the abbot. What I learned was they had scheduled it for the 13th but they received so much pressure from the Chiang Mai Governors office and the Tourism Authority of Thailand they had to change it to the 20th.
Just get an up date from TAT

20th 10000 Lantern at Mae Jo

21st Small Krathong along Mae ping river

22nd Big Kratong Parade at Tha pae Road

This is to confirm the "10,000 lanterns ceremony" will be held on Nov 20th Wat tu-dong Mae Jo. Usually the ceremony is one week before Loy Krathong but this year it is only one day before. Loy Krathong is officially Nov 21st.

1:00 - 4:00 pm - Lanna Katina Robe Offering Ceremony - The Goodwill & Unity of Philanthropy.

6:00 - 8:00 pm - Yee Peng Sansai Floating Lantern Ceremony - The ritual ceremony of chanting by monks, meditating, candle circumambulation, lighting ground lanterns, and launching floating lanterns to pay homage to the Triple Gems.