Norwich And Peterborough

Looks like a lot of hassle to me and just like nationwide there is no guarantee that it wont change again in the future, thats the problem when you come out and the goalposts change. I might have a look at MetroBank next year, they look a better bet to me, I will keep an eye on what Nationwide ate charging me, so far its nowt, next withdrawal will be the acid test,

Looks like a lot of hassle to me and just like nationwide there is no guarantee that it wont change again in the future, thats the problem when you come out and the goalposts change. I might have a look at MetroBank next year, they look a better bet to me, I will keep an eye on what Nationwide ate charging me, so far its nowt, next withdrawal will be the acid test,

"This is a guillotine through the neck of Nationwide's reputation as a cheap account for overseas spending. Credit card loading is a nasty hidden fee Nationwide has bitched about other banks levying, yet from November, it's doing it too.

"It's not an error by Nationwide, the building society is actually trying to kick nearly a million customers out of the door.

"That's because out of its 3 million+ account holders, 1.4 million use the debit card overseas and 900,000 of those use the account ONLY for that and nothing else – and that costs. So Nationwide wants them gone to ensure it's focusing on people using their account 'properly', as it sees it."

I guess N&P are going after all these customers Nationwide are kicking out.

• 1 month later...

Update on the above as this account is now launched.

http://www.moneysavingexpert.com/news/travel/2011/01/norwich--peterborough-launches-cheapest-holiday-debit-card

http://www.nandp.co.uk/current-account/gold-classic-current-account/

You can do an online application though you need to be a UK resident or at least a UK address for your cards to go to. Depends of course on the individual but I would imagine there are some out there for whom this could be a good deal ?

Edited by roamer