Single Parent Departing Thailand With Thai Child

Hello, I'm departing Thailand with our daughter, who has my surname in both her Thai and foreign passport.

I am wondering if there could be any problem if I, the father, depart Thailand with my

daughter, but without our daughters mother (my wife)? Will I need some sort of written permission from our daughters mother?

My daughter will be departing Thailand on her Thai passport.

Likewise I wonder about the opposite; will my wife need any special permission from me

if she departs Thailand with our daughter, but without me?

Regards, Awk.

reason for edit: typos.

Edited by Awk

Normally this is not a problem.

The only issue i see is when you use your own passport and your child the Thai passport.

Maybe this will raise some eyebrows at the immigrations desk at the airport.

I don't have experience with this situation, you can ask at your local immigration office.

Thailand doesn't require written permission, but other countries might when entering, although they usually won't make a big problem if you don't. So a very basic letter wouldn't hurt, but is not required.

Taking a copy of the birth certificate is also useful. You will need it when the child was not born in Thailand and entered on a foreign passport.

(Also in case a foreign child is born in Thailand and wants to leave the birth certificate is required).

At check-in with the airline show both passports to confirm no visa is needed.