Not Recommended

thai3

Tried the newish suk I house opposite suda in suk soi 14 the other night. Seems to be part of the sea food palace on the front of suk but set in a nice old house style. I asked for red curry which turned up an hour after the rice and then was not curry but a sort of spicey soup. Without doubt the worst thai food I have ever eaten and at over 1,000 baht for two very expensive, I was starving afterwards and had to go somewhere else.

Another disappointment was to find a regular eating place has introduced double pricing for drinks if non thai. This is the chinese place on soi cowboy opp the old dutch. I have been going there for years but after they tarted it up to a bar night times on songkran 2004 I noticed that the prices went up but never realised 'till today about the double pricing. Also we were overcharged by about 15% lunchtime and when asking for it back was told we were wasting their time, got it back though. I am thinking stick is right this week talking about LOS being less and less falang frendly. Last time I will go in there.

Another warning this time in a non tourist area of bang bon in thonburi at napali cafe, again been going there years and they know us but overcharged 90% the other night, did not pay of course even if dead drunk I knew the real price was about 650-turned out to be 665 rather than the 1200 they tried for. These sort of things make me wonder if I ever want to live here, such a constant pain looking out for these types of things-peter