Destitute Farang Support Group - Join Us!

Grawburg

I assume that the OP's post is a joke (555), but I suggest that one topic of discussion, perhaps the main topic, ought to be how to get yourself, individually or collectively, out of the mess you are presently in. "How you got here in the first place", be it by plane, boat or car, act of God, or personal failures or mistakes, just doesn't seem as important as where you go from here (you can't drive looking in the rear view mirror) ...... just a thought. I also might suggest a bench in Lumpini Park rather than McDonald's, where I expect you will be more welcome (for the same reason that you aren't offered massages). Good luck in any event.

I assume that the OP's post is a joke (555), but I suggest that one topic of discussion, perhaps the main topic, ought to be how to get yourself, individually or collectively, out of the mess you are presently in. "How you got here in the first place", be it by plane, boat or car, act of God, or personal failures or mistakes, just doesn't seem as important as where you go from here (you can't drive looking in the rear view mirror) ...... just a thought. I also might suggest a bench in Lumpini Park rather than McDonald's, where I expect you will be more welcome (for the same reason that you aren't offered massages). Good luck in any event.

I hope the OP and his friends won't be sitting there with an open beer bottle :whistling:

oh, that's great news ! I take it I have to book early to get a seat next to the garbage bin.,( or self service utility as I like to call it.)..amazing what people throw away . If any of the group are interested I have some things I'd like to bring along to sell or maybe part exchange: 1 pink mickey mou rucksack ( 1 strap still ok, zipper broken but comes with safety pins included), 1 pair used flipflops ( size 8 & 9 ), bandages: 4 rolls ( used but just need washing ) a collection of dogends ( guaranteed daily fresh) and a bicycle bell (spares or repair)..........................................just in case any Thais or germans are reading this,.....I'm joking..........I'd never sell my mickey mou rucksack !!!

4965367191_ff3e670134_z.jpg

This is one of the ironies of the 21st century, obese people begging for food outside MacDonalds in Asia.

As for the guy sat next to miss piggy, shame he's so useless that he can't even find a needle and thread and fix his trousers. I think countries should be obliged to repatriate their citizens when they get into this kind of mess and keep the persons passport until that person has paid off any costs incurred (flight ticket etc).....I was told the Yanks do this but I don't know if that's the case or not.

4965367191_ff3e670134_z.jpg

This is one of the ironies of the 21st century, obese people begging for food outside MacDonalds in Asia.

As for the guy sat next to miss piggy, shame he's so useless that he can't even find a needle and thread and fix his trousers. I think countries should be obliged to repatriate their citizens when they get into this kind of mess and keep the persons passport until that person has paid off any costs incurred (flight ticket etc).....I was told the Yanks do this but I don't know if that's the case or not.

Trouble is the stupid people really aren't that dumb. They would soon find a loophole and sponge some more and again and again.

I prefer to think of them as lazy. A few weeks on the street and she'll be looking trim. The bloke should get to a beach pronto...cut off his jeans and make himself a fishing rod.

Problem solved. B)

:mfr_closed1:

I would recommend them going to their embassy and seeking an alternative way to get out of Thailand. Or go up that Budhist temple north of Silom and camp out there.

I don't think the local Thai will allow foreigners to become homeless and stay in Thailand.

Hmm McD's as a poor people meeting place? Well, I always took it for a place for people to look stupid when they pose with Ronald McDonald making a wai.

Now I don't know about Mcd's in BKK, but in patong, the Riviera of Thailand we get to look at sexy beauties like this. No room for poor people.

Under very extreme case, the US Embassy will repatriate people. The person gets a one way flight home and when they land - their passports are taken and the loan payback time begins. Wages or SS isare garnished if the loan is not repayed. Not sure if they go to jail, but never seen one go that far.