Punch & Judy Pub

davethailand

Went to the Punch & Judy pub last night which is located on soi 17 just opposite the Caddyshack and the Eden hotel.

Very high quality decor with a nice atmosphere and superb food, IMO the best English type pub I've seen so far and even though I'm not a big fan of English style pubs etc I'll definitely be going back there.

Very highly recommended.

:)

• 5 months later...

I am a fan but way of the tourist beat. I've never seen more than 2 occupied tables during breakfast but I really enjoy the decor. I've only been for breakfast and recently ordered the large breakfast which really only means it's served on a large plate. 160 baht for 99 baht value.

I think that this is the best eating and drinking venue to be found in this city. I'm there frequently and the food, the drink, the decor and the service are terrific. I was there at the St. George's Day Party and, together with a large number of customers, I had a ball.

The only thing that detracts from Punch and Judy Pub is one regular, and often stupidly drunk, loud customer (who looks a bit like Robbie Coltraine) who has earned himself the handle "Motor Mouth". Jamie, the landlord, had to ban Motor Mouth from a recent quiz because of his interference. Should be banned from the pub entirely!

I am in there now on their free wi fi playing free pool

i ordered a burger and was asked how i wanted it cooked and if i wanted fried or raw onions

fantastic the staff speak english and they ask !

Posts questioning moderation have been removed.

21) Not to discuss moderation publicly in the open forum; this includes individual actions, and specific or general policies and issues. You may send a PM to a moderator to discuss individual actions or email support (at) thaivisa.com to discuss moderation policy

I am in there now on their free wi fi playing free pool

i ordered a burger and was asked how i wanted it cooked and if i wanted fried or raw onions

fantastic the staff speak english and they ask !

Well how was the burger? Some poster, on another thread, said P%J make great kebabs. Yes? No?

Ladies night - 50% discount on all lady drinks this evening ;)

Is that "lady-drinks" or drinks bought for or by ladies?

all drinks bought for ladies, guinness, stella, WKD, wine..etc , every monday evening - starts 7pm

that answer is still not quite clear, are you talking about "lady drinks" i.e. buying drinks for your staff or do you mean that all drinks bought by or bought for female customers are 50% or both lol

can I also ask how much for a Tiger Light bottle of beer and how much for Thai whiskey and coke

There are no 'Hostesses' in Punch and Judy We've been a few times now. So lady drink discounts will be for your GF', wife or Me anoi

Try the Fish and Chips the best I've had in Pattaya by a mile.

We celebrated St Georges day and watched the UTD game after and had some banter with a few guys at the bar.

Nice clean place the wife likes it and the Cider is terrific. Just need some Boddies on again, please get it for my return in September :-)

A lot of people on here are talking this bar up but this is the same as many bars around Pattaya serving the same same type of drinks and food but well off the beaten track. I have been there twice and have ate food once, the Sunday lunch and it was OK just OK and I have had better at the Queen Vic, Caddyshack, Pig and Whistle, Rosies etc.

A lot of people on here are talking this bar up but this is the same as many bars around Pattaya serving the same same type of drinks and food but well off the beaten track. I have been there twice and have ate food once, the Sunday lunch and it was OK just OK and I have had better at the Queen Vic, Caddyshack, Pig and Whistle, Rosies etc.

I totally agree, I live just round the corner and it is nothing special.I actually prefer the Caddyshack, especially with their new outdoor pool area, smokers don't have to sit in the road.

I like Caddyshack too I've not had the breakfast in the Punch and Judy but Caddyshack Breakfast is well worth the money and good quality ingredients.

I say things as they are the fish and chips in PandJ were superb. Apart from St georges day though it seems a bit quiet.

I like Caddyshack too I've not had the breakfast in the Punch and Judy but Caddyshack Breakfast is well worth the money and good quality ingredients.

I say things as they are the fish and chips in PandJ were superb. Apart from St georges day though it seems a bit quiet.

I never heard of Punch and Judy until this past trip. I rode past it on my way from somewhere. It is off the main baht bus route so unless you have transportation, you would never see it. A place like that needs to be heavily marketed across all the boards and associations to keep the kitchen and bar humming.

The place does look very nice from the outside.

TheWalkingMan

Yes the decor and looks are nice but it is a new place so give it a couple of years. But for where it is except for happy hour the drinks are expensive and you cant park there. The outside area is on the road so if you smoke you can take in the car fumes aswell. The Caddyshack is a better option for price and the quality of the food

There are no 'Hostesses' in Punch and Judy We've been a few times now. So lady drink discounts will be for your GF', wife or Me anoi

Try the Fish and Chips the best I've had in Pattaya by a mile.

We celebrated St Georges day and watched the UTD game after and had some banter with a few guys at the bar.

Nice clean place the wife likes it and the Cider is terrific. Just need some Boddies on again, please get it for my return in September :-)

Not my experience

http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/440917-punch-and-judy-pub/page__view__findpost__p__4245156

Was there a few days ago in the afternoon .Had a Cordon Blue ,very nice and the chips were hand cut and very tasty .

The Guinness was only B170 a pint at that time . : :D

Decor very nice inside and the staff seemed friendly .Also UK newspapers advailable to read .If you have your own transport its not really out of the way .