Advantage-Plus-Asia By Accor

siam2007

• 2 weeks later...

As I travel frequently to Bangkok (75+ nights a year) , I bought it a couple of years ago thinking I would use NoVotel Siam Square for it's central location and I must say their restaurant was pretty good, but Novotel Siam Sq wouldn't even acknowledge it. I was suppose to get a room upgrade, discount rm rate, etc etc and various other perks including fast track check-in, but ended up waiting around for a room to become available, while they seemed to give more priority to their Chinese tour-group guests. They didn't even credit me (points & nights stayed) for the 3 days I stayed there. I complained to ACCOR international and as a result got an apology letter from one of the Novotel Siam Sq staff (not the manager) who offered me a promotion which was being offered in local Bkk adverts that anyone could get there just by asking (something like stay 3 nights get 1 night free) ....... I never voluntarily stayed in another ACCOR hotel ... although I've stayed in a few where my clients arranged it.

Then not long afterward that bad experience, a local company I was consulting with had a meeting there at Novoted Siam Sq for a group of about 10 people only and we got red carpet treatment ... discounts, room upgrades, fast track check-in, etc etc etc ...... So it was apparent to me that the local (Bangkok) customers (not members of the A club or Elite members) got much better attention and value that those who bought the cards. Also tour agents in Bangkok were regularly offering rooms at the Bangkok ACCOR hotels at cheaper rates that prices booked thru the Accor website, with the discounts that the card holders were suppose to receive.

Granted this was a couple of years ago and things may have changed. Also it probably depends upon the quality of management at each hotel. For me I never stay at Accor hotels if I can avoid them. If you stay enough nights per year ..... Marriott Rewards. Starwood Preferred Guest, and Priority Club (Intercon) are much better in terms of upgrades and also recognizing you as a valued customer IMHO

Every time I have stayed at an Accor hotel I have needed to put in a claim for my points that should have been credited automatically.

I have queried this with them and whilst they then credit the points, they never respond to my question as to why I have to jump through hoops every time.

@rogerdee123: I look after marketing for Accor hotels in Thailand based in Bangkok and I am really concerned to read your post as is the General Manager at Novotel Bangkok on Siam Square whom I also forwarded it to. I am very sorry that you had such a negative experience and we were at the very least unable to address it appropriately when you first brought it to our attention.

I would like to assure you that it is certainly not the policy of Accor to favor "Bangkok customers" and our Accor Advantage Plus and AIClub members here and from around the world are our valued guests. It appears that at the time the hotel operationally was better briefed and equipped to manage a business group when you were part of that group than on the day you checked in as an individual traveller and this was an operational and service glitch.

I would be quite horrified if you could still buy our hotels cheaper at a Local Tour Operator, it is something we constantly monitor and is not at all aligned with the policy of Accor. Our accorhotels.com website has a "best price guarrantee" http://www.accorhote...escriptif.shtml in the online environment.

It would be delightful if you would consider experiencing one of our group of hotels again and I certainly hope that the experience will be far more positive.

Warm regards

Sonya Rossiter

Edited by SRaccor

Every time I have stayed at an Accor hotel I have needed to put in a claim for my points that should have been credited automatically.

I have queried this with them and whilst they then credit the points, they never respond to my question as to why I have to jump through hoops every time.

@"theoldgit" - it seems terribly rude addressing you like that. I am sorry you have had problems getting your AIClub loyalty points. Can I assure you that we are constantly streamlining our system, enhancing our technology and recently conducted some more intensive training of over 300 of our reception team in Thailand alone, to minimise these issues for our members. I hope you benefit and recieve your points automatically in the future and can then enjoy redeemning them with us.

Warm regards

Sonya Rossiter

Edited by SRaccor

Sonya, thank you for taking the time to respond.

@"theoldgit" - it seems terribly rude addressing you like that.

No problem, it's my choice of title, always think screen names should reflect the person :D

I hope you benefit and receive your points automatically in the future and then can then enjoy redeeming them with us.

Lets hope so, I have booking at a Accor group hotel next week, albeit an Ibis, and the Novotel in Siam Square shortly after, time will tell.