Cat Cdma

cloudhopper

There are several of us here using them, results are very variable, I think too many users on the system.

Torrents are strange, they appear to be filtering them for part of the day, some trackers won't connect at all.

Speed varies between 150 at the best but more usually 50

The good thing is that it has always worked for email and browsing (unlike TOT that was off for 3 weeks a couple of months ago)

If you go to the CAT shop on the ground floor of Pantip Plaza they can open a program similar to google earth then show them where you live and they will show the closest tower.

I have had speeds up to 2.5 MB but I suspect there are not many connected to the tower where I am.

Edited by garyh

If you go to the CAT shop on the ground floor of Pantip Plaza they can open a program similar to google earth then show them where you live and they will show the closest tower.

I have had speeds up to 2.5 MB but I suspect there are not many connected to the tower where I am.

Not much point going there ...... shop has gone .... closed last week.

Sure, very good coverage here. The antenna tower is right next to the hospital.

Eventually you can have an external CDMA antenna placed on the roof of your house, cost 2,500. The CAT technician come place it, you only pay when satisfied with the improvements, if not he takes it off again, no charges. But it does make a big difference.

ps, people who don't maintain they system very well should not complain about internet quality. I do some pc maintenance for several expats and it's pretty shocking to see what overfull garbage bins most systems are. get your system right first before judging the internet speed.

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Bangkok....

How did you get the information about CAT installing an antennae? I would be interested and when I asked them at Central Airport office they referred me to a private vendor.

Thanks,

MSPain

Eventually you can have an external CDMA antenna placed on the roof of your house, cost 2,500. The CAT technician come place it, you only pay when satisfied with the improvements, if not he takes it off again, no charges. But it does make a big difference.

ps, people who don't maintain they system very well should not complain about internet quality. I do some pc maintenance for several expats and it's pretty shocking to see what overfull garbage bins most systems are. get your system right first before judging the internet speed.

That's a shame, they had antenna's, cradlepoint 3G routers and more. I bought my hardware there just 3 weeks ago, at that time they where setting up large screen TV's to demo internet TV.

That's a shame, they had antenna's, cradlepoint 3G routers and more. I bought my hardware there just 3 weeks ago, at that time they where setting up large screen TV's to demo internet TV.

They have a shop at their offices on the superhighway, heading north from Big C on the left half way to the next intersection.

Bangkok....

How did you get the information about CAT installing an antennae? I would be interested and when I asked them at Central Airport office they referred me to a private vendor.

Thanks,

MSPain

The technician @ CAT headoffice opposite Big C / inner ringroad (sometimes you find him at Airport Plaza office) does this for you.

It's this type of directional antenna (the cable is plugged into the normal USB router such as the Novatel)

Yagi-Antenna-GSM-CDMA-Antenna-Antenna-TCDTDJ-M-10-900V--82331297.jpg

Edited by bangkokcitylimits

Bangkok....

Thanks,

MSPain

The technician @ CAT headoffice opposite Big C / inner ringroad (sometimes you find him at Airport Plaza office) does this for you.

It's this type of directional antenna (the cable is plugged into the normal USB router such as the Novatel)

I think you mean it plugs into the Modem.whistling.gif

Bangkok....

Thanks,

MSPain

I think you mean it plugs into the Modem.whistling.gif

In the blacky sticky sticky yes there's a tiny little hole.

Thanks, Bangkok.

I have been to both of those offices. I will check with the main office again.

MSPain

Bangkok....

Thanks,

MSPain

Well they had a shop (=cubby hole) open there today with two ladies working in it. They showed us the google earth-like program to see if our house had adequate reception. One of the ladies lived near us and said that speeds were up and down. We said that we would keep going with research and she suggested True for wireless and 3BBB for best cable option.

We then walked over to 3BBB's shop and were shown the various plans (about 6) with respective speeds and costs. They looked up our address and confirmed that we could connect. I asked whether they had any sort of service guarantee, ie. if the service is down entirely or running consistently below the speed you had signed up for - what would they do about it. No service guarantee whatsoever .. and in fact their contract conditions state that they are not responsible for slower speeds etc ... but don't worry coz the lady told me that "we have a call centre" I could call if we had a problem ... meanwhile we are locked into a min. 12 month contract. Not very enticing after the rubbish service (at times, non-service) we had from TOT previously

• 3 months later...

Yes as others have said this post about the cat store being closed is total BS why would you post this???????????????

Had an issue with my modem went to main office on super highway they sent me back to pantip plaza where I got very good service.