Current Price Of Chickens ?

neverback

Hello,

I would like to purchase 200-500 chickens to lay eggs.

I've heard that Rhode Island Red stock is the best in its kind. I've tried to contact a supplier.The original price was supposed to be 160 Bht per chicken,however, after 3 weeks he has raised the price to 180 bht per chicken ( he explained that price is higher due to flooding).

What is the currents price per chicken now?

• 1 month later...

So,anyone can give me an approximate price for chickens, or not?

180 seems like a good price for a laying RIR.

a very small chicken ready to eat. five star chicken for example are approx 110 baht. scrawny little jungle chickens in our local market dead and plucked are about 130 baht. I can't imagine a live scrawny jungle chicken is much less live.

You can get day old (all male) chickens which will eventually look like the chicken on the kellogs box for 10 baht each.

But, not a female egg layer for sure

My better half says she's been quot ed 150 baht per bird

That's what i had been told of (150 Bht, 2 weeks prior to purchasing the chickens. However, a week before sending the chickens,a guy had called and informed me about the price change (180 Baht),due to " a water flooding" of some areas in Thailand. I've been stunned by a stubbornness of the Thais , in general,to refuse to bargain about the price.It's the same price,either i buy 100 chickens or 500 chickens. Is it the greediness or a cultural phenomenon?

180 Baht per chicken in Nakhon Sawan and Kampaeng Phet province.

Edited by neverback

That's what i had been told of (150 Bht, 2 weeks prior to purchasing the chickens. However, a week before sending the chickens,a guy had called and informed me about the price change (180 Baht),due to " a water flooding" of some areas in Thailand. I've been stunned by a stubbornness of the Thais , in general,to refuse to bargain about the price.It's the same price,either i buy 100 chickens or 500 chickens. Is it the greediness or a cultural phenomenon?

What does the price of Chickens have to do with Flooding ? . Ok, I'm sure some smart arse will find a link.

it could well be a 30 baht farang tax. have you tried 150 baht each for 500 chickens , take it or leave it ?

The 20 baht for 5 day olds sounds like a bargain if you can find them too

What does the price of Chickens have to do with Flooding ? . Ok, I'm sure some smart arse will find a link.

it could well be a 30 baht farang tax. have you tried 150 baht each for 500 chickens , take it or leave it ?

Actually, it was my wife,who had tried to negotiate a price of chickens. A guy sounded like there was no tomorrow, 180 Bht per chicken ,either a 100 of them or a 1000. The sad story is,there are only two suppliers of chickens in the region, and as far as i reckon, they have been trying to keep a monopoly on a price of chickens.

Actually, it was my wife,who had tried to negotiate a price of chickens. A guy sounded like there was no tomorrow, 180 Bht per chicken ,either a 100 of them or a 1000. The sad story is,there are only two suppliers of chickens in the region, and as far as i reckon, they have been trying to keep a monopoly on a price of chickens.

That'll be the Answer . Monopoly

Look no further, breed in Sisaket can deliver by bus, 20 baht a head plus the box and bus fare. Our vet has established a breeding shed and would welcome the business.

Travel permits accompany shipment if needed.

• 2 months later...

Look no further, breed in Sisaket can deliver by bus, 20 baht a head plus the box and bus fare. Our vet has established a breeding shed and would welcome the business.

Travel permits accompany shipment if needed.

Hello,

I have tried to find a reasonable price for the eggs' laying chickens in my province (Kampaeng Phet) with no success. Either price of chickens was set too high or there were no chickens available at the time of request.

I would be pleased in having business with you. What further action should i take ,in order to get these chicks?

What is a fee for transportation,plus boxes?

Thank you

Edited by neverback

• 3 months later...
How contact CP farm regarding a contract options?

Well you could give thema call or get the missus too.

AFAIK.You need to be serious and want to invest around 2 mill baht to build a shed etc,as the minimum contract will be for around 10,000 birds.