Visa Extention Based On Marriage In Cm

I just returned fromImmigration at Chiang Mai airport . It was a very pleasent experience. Got there at 8:30 am and was out by 10:30 am

They wanted two passport photos

One family photo two copies

TM7

Copy of front page of my pass port ,

copy of my non o visa page

entry stamp

departure card

Copy of my wifes ID card

copy of house hold registration

copy of marriage registration in her home province

copy of original marriage certificate

original income affidavit translated and certified by MFA

copy of home lease aggreement

map to residence

They had us fill out two forms asked my wife a few questions in general , took our picture collected 1900 baht sent us to the next room.

There they looked over the papers gave me my change told us when to come back ..

Very easy process and the immigration people were very nice .

They want two of everything and make two separate files .

Wife and I had to sign everything that was not an orginal ...

Hope this helps aomeone ... Me Im just glad I can stop chasing documents ....

When was this requirement made to you? As you did not mention it, that I can see, in your posts from a week ago wonder how you obtained if it was a last minute request. If income affidavit is in English there should not be a need to translate.

Hi and thanks for the info

( They had us fill out two forms asked my wife a few questions in general , took our picture collected 1900 baht sent us to the next room. )

ive never heard of the immigration actually taking any photos ?

TL :jap:

Im not sure if it was required to have the income affidavit translated or not . We were having all of our marriage documents translated and certified so had this one done as well just in case . The picture was done with a web cam and was of both of us sitting together . Immigration staff very nice and very helpful ... They only kept from my files what they needed and returned everything else . The only original they kept was the income affidavit . They also said that when I have to do this again next year it will be much simpler becasue they now have what they need . My guess is it will just be showing the income coming in and probably a visit to make sure we are still living together ....

It was a very simple process .

Also every document that was a copy both my wife and I had to sign, Will save you time if you do this before you get there . And bring your own pen ........

Edited by BB1955

When was this requirement made to you? As you did not mention it, that I can see, in your posts from a week ago wonder how you obtained if it was a last minute request. If income affidavit is in English there should not be a need to translate.

I really didnt know if it needed to be translated and cerified , we were having numerous documents translated and taking them to MFA office in Bangkok so as to register our marrage change her id card and her passport . We tossed the affidavit in the stack as well just in case ...

Bank books are not 'normally' a requirement when using income affidavit for extension of stay.

I used the letter from the Embassy last year and was asked for my bank books, luckily enough I had

made copies already. Am gonna make my copies again this year. Some people have already posted that

this was also a requirement.

This post seems to suggest a requirement

How can you prove sufficient funds, an affadavit is one thing, proof from a Thai Bank is another.

Edit - the link is for a retirement visa, but the question still remains

How can I prove sufficient funds? I have always been asked for my bank books to prove I have enough money in Thailand for my wife and myself to live on.

Edited by beano2274

The requirement is an embassy letter of income - there is no requirement for funds in a Thai bank if using foreign income method under current Police Order 777/2551 regulation. You may find an officer using the previous policy of account requirements monitoring but it is not normal or provided for by regulations.

The requirement is an embassy letter of income - there is no requirement for funds in a Thai bank if using foreign income method under current Police Order 777/2551 regulation. You may find an officer using the previous policy of account requirements monitoring but it is not normal or provided for by regulations.

To be fair there are many moderators on this site, and there seems to be some levels of disagreement, according to information on another posting, another Moderator lists bank books.

Maybe the lists should include what documents may be asked for and these should all be pinned under one topic,

so that it is easier for everyone to see, and would also decrease the number of New Topics asking for lists, I know that they are all on the front page but these seem to be a little outdated.

here is the list given to the OP

- copy of passport

- copy of arrival card

- passport size photo

- copy of ID-card of wife

- copy of marriage certificate

- copy of marriage certificate registration

- copy of household registration

- wife (original, copy not allowed)

- proof of income or money in the bank

- bank book, showing some money

- photos of you and your wife inside the house and outside the house with house number visible.

- hand drawn map to your house

Take all originals with you and also your 90 day report slip and proof of your address (utility bill etc.) If working take the WP with you.

As Lopburi said, the bankbook it not an official requirement that is required if you go for the income route.

But yes, some immigration officers do ask for it never the less and it can be handy to take with you. But you should not provide it voluntarily if it is needed, only when asked for. As goes for all documents that might be asked for but are not in the regulations as required.