Speed Dating?

Ice Maiden

Being seventeen and living in Thaialnd is quite hard on the boyfriend side of life for me. I'm not attracted to thai males and the farangs seem to be too old, ugly or taken.

And if I was to try dating a thai is there any speed dating services or anything?

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Hmmm seen it in Bkk, not so sure about Patters!  :o

:D I don't like the sound of the way the thai males treat females though. Or having control of the relationship in the money side of things, I won't do that. I mean if I go on a date I don't like the sound of paying for everything :D

mio cara ,Ice .. in my eyes you are still young (but yes i understand you as well i was 17 yo b4) i think when you go to University u will meet someone special :D

Bambi

Ice Maiden - I've met some really nice thai lads who are married to farang women. They treat their ladies with heaps of respect. I wouldnt worry not all Thai men follow that stereotype. (judge each person on their own merits)

I'm quite sure Boo/SBK can confirm the above!! :o

Edited by britmaveric

Hate to spoil the fun, but as Aunt Marge has said - bad blood will come out (Harry Potter and the Prisoner of Azkaban).

There will be a moment whey you'll be seen as a prize, a trophy, and when it will be cool to appear "detached" from you and indulge in a little side dish. Never fails with Thai men.

Keep that in mind and thread cautiously.

Yes, as a matter of fact, speed dating is put on here by the Bangkok Network of Women http://www.bnow.org and the proceeds go to rescue soi dogs in conjunction with http://www.soidogrescue.org

Quote:

"At Speed Dating, participants gathered at a bar. Each was encouraged to talked to someone of the opposite sex for five minutes. Once the bell rang, they had to split and begin befriending another person."

"BNOW organised Speed Networking based on a similar concept. Participants met at the V9 Bar of the Sofitel Silom Hotel. Each was supposed to talk to another participant for about five minutes and move to another person once the organiser blew the whistle."

Edit/ soidogrescue.org NOT .com (sorry)

BTW, if you follow up on your plan to go to Bangkok Uni, you'll be in the speed dating center of Thailand :o

Edited by baht&sold

It's worth being careful with any boy you meet but don't beleive every stereotype you have heard about thai boys, they are pretty much the same the world over & not all thais are poor & would expect you to pay :o

I not like loei. I meet my husband in my shop.

Bambina, you say good, go and learn. Lady 17 should go learn not worry husband, then lady meet good man.

Ok Na Kha

Yes, as a matter of fact, speed dating is put on here by the Bangkok Network of Women http://www.bnow.org and the proceeds go to rescue soi dogs in conjunction with http://www.soidogrescue.org

Quote:

"At Speed Dating, participants gathered at a bar. Each was encouraged to talked to someone of the opposite sex for five minutes. Once the bell rang, they had to split and begin befriending another person."

"BNOW organised Speed Networking based on a similar concept. Participants met at the V9 Bar of the Sofitel Silom Hotel. Each was supposed to talk to another participant for about five minutes and move to another person once the organiser blew the whistle."

Edit/ soidogrescue.org NOT .com (sorry)

BTW, if you follow up on your plan to go to Bangkok Uni, you'll be in the speed dating center of Thailand  :o

I believe guys n gals are the same the world over as well, despite what passes for conventional "wisdom" in these parts :D

Thing is, just take it slo, IM reminds of my kid sis (she's great) but man can she take on the world! My Dad spent years in Indonesia in a consulting engineer position and eventually came home with a new wife. My Sis just went off on my Dad at first (!) Well, 12 years on, my Sis and everyone else is convinced they're fantastic together and for the record, they're going great.

Anyways, just take it slo Im, you'll be alright and we've all seen you can certainly defend yourself

edit/ just read Giah's post- right on the mark imho, put the dating thing to the side, make a plan for uni and the rest will sort itself out. Good advice Giah :o

Edited by baht&sold

I believe guys n gals are the same the world over as well, despite what passes for conventional "wisdom" in these parts  :D 

Thing is, just take it slo, IM reminds of my kid sis (she's great) but man can she take on the world!  My Dad spent years in Indonesia in a consulting engineer position and eventually came home with a new wife. My Sis just went off on my Dad at first (!) Well, 12 years on, my Sis and everyone else is convinced they're fantastic together and for the record, they're going great.

Anyways, just take it slo Im, you'll be alright and we've all seen you can certainly defend yourself  :o

I dont understan you

I wouldn't imagine too many younger men attending a speed dating event.

Maybe you should take a look at what international schools are in your area and try to figure out where the students hang out after school. Even though many international schools still have a very Thai bent to them, I think the students are still going to have a somewhat Western outlook. Some students may even be Westerners. I know most on this end will be too young but you never know.

I think it may be too hard to deal with dating and cultural issues when at this time in your life. The relationships you have now really will set your expectations for later on. (AKA baggage.)

I know that some Thai fathers take their teenage sons to prostitutes (some wealthy students I taught, in fact.) Not all, but just be aware of that fact.

I wouldn't imagine too many younger men attending a speed dating event. 

Maybe you should take a look at what international schools are in your area and try to figure out where the students hang out after school.  Even though many international schools still have a very Thai bent to them, I think the students are still going to have a somewhat Western outlook.  Some students may even be Westerners.  I know most on this end will be too young but you never know.

I think it may be too hard to deal with dating and cultural issues when at this time in your life.  The relationships you have now really will set your expectations for later on.  (AKA baggage.) 

I know that some Thai fathers take their teenage sons to prostitutes (some wealthy students I taught, in fact.)  Not all, but just be aware of that fact.

I've had a two year relationship before that kind of ended negative. And thats ruined a lot of my relationships. I try and put it in the past now. And it's working for the moment. But being 17 I would of thought it's the time to experiment.

Baht&sold -  Lol. Am I the baby of TV or something? I'll take it slow. And yeah I can defend myself, also do my thai boxing :o

Baby of TV? No, maybe just newbie teething problems. You caught a break imho after you called a member's wife a 'Ho' (or words to that effect) you're lucky he's a gent and treated you with kid gloves (pun intended). Cha cha and jai yen yen... good luck :D

edit/sp

Edited by baht&sold

Baht&sold -  Lol. Am I the baby of TV or something? I'll take it slow. And yeah I can defend myself, also do my thai boxing :o

Baby of TV? No, maybe just newbie teething problems. You caught a break imho after you called a member's wife a 'Ho' (or words to that effect) you're lucky he's a gent and treated you with kid gloves (pun intended). Cha cha and jai yen yen... good luck :D

edit/sp

I'll go slowly. No, it's just that I must be one of the youngest here. I respect some of you for looking out for me. And as for Dave I think it's safe to say we are friends now.

edit/sp

I'll go slowly. No, it's just that I must be one of the youngest here. I respect some of you for looking out for me. And as for Dave I think it's safe to say we are friends now.

Let us guide you then :D seriously becareful, i have a 13 year old stepdaughter here and I won't allow thai boys anywhere near her :D

edit/sp

Let us guide you then :D seriously becareful, i have a 13 year old stepdaughter here and I won't allow thai boys anywhere near her :D

Dont go anywhere near the day/night hotel for starters.

Stay away from ANY DRUGS!!!

I'll let you guide me then. I may just be a young teenager but I'm not all green.

ICE ..listen to me , people here hope well with you, we past your age already , I knew that teenagers are Jai Ron

you have your right to decide and manage your life , you can believe us or not ...but Jai yen yen .. think all well be4 ok? when you have your age as me you will laugh with all that you did in past (as i did)

for me , you look like my sister...and TV members care you :D

Regards

Bambi :o