What Can You Charge A Day To Cut Rice Per Day

Blackandwhite

I have a couple of harvesters which are working flat out at the moment. One of my machines is breaking records and achieving 80 rai/day on ideal fields, the other making half that due to breakdowns but should pick up. Prices charged: Bt650/rai. Cost of machines Bt2.5mill each from Pom Generli in Ban Leng. I make money.

I have a couple of harvesters which are working flat out at the moment. One of my machines is breaking records and achieving 80 rai/day on ideal fields, the other making half that due to breakdowns but should pick up. Prices charged: Bt650/rai. Cost of machines Bt2.5mill each from Pom Generli in Ban Leng. I make money.

Id be interested to know what type of Rice Combine Harvester machine cost 2.5 million baht?

As the wifes relative has just bought a Kubotu Rice Harvester (see atttached photo) that cost 1.4 Million Baht brand new a month ago from the Kobuto dealer in Korat.

It is working flat out now.

post-7723-0-90446200-1290331042_thumb.jp

Cost of machines Bt2.5mill each from Pom Generli in Ban Leng.

Id be interested to know what type of Rice Combine Harvester machine cost 2.5 million baht?

As the wifes relative has just bought a Kubotu Rice Harvester (see atttached photo) that cost 1.4 Million Baht brand new a month ago from the Kobuto dealer in Korat.

Wow! DC 95, first I've seen and much largerthan the usual DC60 around here. Impressive! By the way I believe the type of machine and even where it was manufactured is in the quote. Strange isn't it? Just like cars, the size, shape, and materials something is made of effects the price.

This type

BTW - I see the DC95 is equipped to offload rice into a lorry, does it also have a sacking facility?

pnustedt

The 2 that cut the rice for my SIL last week didn't have any sacking facility that I could see.

Just one question though, the rice that was harvested by these DC95's seemed to me to be very "dirty" as in they had a lot of what I would call trash in amongst the rice. Is there any way that this can be minimised? In this case the "trash" was a combination of weed matter and rice straw. From what I observed (and this is the first time I have watched rice being harvested) the guys operating the harvetsors were driving too fast whever they had a straight run of 20m or so. I know that they get paid by the rai so it is their best interest to go as fast as possible but to me it would result in the feed into the "thresher" part of the harvestor would be too great for it to get cleaned well.

Do you know if it is possible to purchase a machine that will clean the trash out of the rice? Hopefully something that will not cost me the other arm as I lost the first one when I married my Thai wife, if I lost the other one then I would be "armless" and I don't want that.

fascinating figures; we're in a 'one crop per year' area sth Sa Kaeo , and only a small portion of farm in rice, they paid 600/rai for harvester.

I asked where the harvesters came from - there are three I've seen working locally in last few days, and great reply "a long way away'.

The economics of owning one locally wouldn't work with such a limited period of actual working time.

And many of the small land-owners here use Cambodian labour, manual harvest.

Just one question though, the rice that was harvested by these DC95's seemed to me to be very "dirty" as in they had a lot of what I would call trash in amongst the rice. Is there any way that this can be minimised? In this case the "trash" was a combination of weed matter and rice straw. From what I observed (and this is the first time I have watched rice being harvested) the guys operating the harvetsors were driving too fast whever they had a straight run of 20m or so. I know that they get paid by the rai so it is their best interest to go as fast as possible but to me it would result in the feed into the "thresher" part of the harvestor would be too great for it to get cleaned well.

Do you know if it is possible to purchase a machine that will clean the trash out of the rice? Hopefully something that will not cost me the other arm as I lost the first one when I married my Thai wife, if I lost the other one then I would be "armless" and I don't want that.

I thought I posted an answer to this but it seems to have disappeared!

Anyway, the basic principle of combine harvesting is that the grain is separated from the chaff by agitation and filtration and the chaff is blown out the back of the machine and the grain transported to sacks or silo.

Problems occur when the chaff is too heavy, or the fans to weak, to cope. The chaff then gets transported with the grain. This can happen in wet conditions, especially when the rice is lying on the ground amongst all sorts of soil and debris.

The Kuboto machines have short tracks and there is a tendency for the reaper to buck upwards if the track hits a bump, the driver compensates by lowering the reaper, then it comes over the other side of the bump and hits the ground, bringing up soil and debris which goes into the thresher. They should be driven very slowly in poor conditions. They are also lower on the ground than full sized machines and less able to cope in deep water. In my experience, you get what you pay for.

Cost of machines Bt2.5mill each from Pom Generli in Ban Leng.

Wow! DC 95, first I've seen and much largerthan the usual DC60 around here. Impressive! By the way I believe the type of machine and even where it was manufactured is in the quote. Strange isn't it? Just like cars, the size, shape, and materials something is made of effects the price.

Any car is only as good as it's driver..........What's that old saying about a fool and his money......lol....hahahahahahah......The windfall was already harvested, believe me!

Hmmm...I had never previously thought about owning a harvester instead of buying land.

My in laws have 12 rai of land in Phayao which gets 2 harvests a year. It isn't their income, more like an inherited hobby. I have been debating buying a few sets of 10 rais (for about 1M each) but if pnustedt's figures are correct (78,000B a day during harvest season) - owning a harvester seems like a much better way to spend the cash.

Is this really the case?

Having been quoted 800 baht/rai a couple of months ago, my wife has been charged 960/rai this week. Apparently so much of this latest harvest has suffered from lodging, which makes it difficult to harvest by hand, that the machine owners have been inundated with orders; they have therefore felt able to jack up the price.