Evaluate My Photo

quiksilva

Apart from the crop as mentioned before i would have used contrast and saturation to make the image 'pop' a bit more. a bit more punch and sacrafice detail as its a bit noisey thats not an issue.

No problem LJW, we all like what we like :) The intention when taking the pic wasn't to actually convey that I was in a hot air balloon, I just tried to capture the almost fire-like sunset that appeared over the mountains.

I thought including the rope might hint at where I was, but i see how it can be distracting too (good feedback). Also capturing the balloon and the landscape in the shot, whilst I was in it would have been very difficult because the basket hangs quite far below the balloon.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Hi quiksilva.

Sorry, but I think the uncropped version is awful, what with that distracting rope and all that blackness at the bottom. I can see why you cropped a lot of it out. However, there is nothing in the cropped version that excites me. Personally I wouldn't clone the rope (you never know, when you're really old the rope might jog your memory as to where you were :) , the pics not really worth the effort. Having said that, I would keep the pic as a memento.

No offence intended.

• 5 weeks later...