Cyrus Audio Products In Thailand

naughtybadfurrimunki

Hi guys,

I called into Amaran Plaza yesterday to look at the range of Cyrus Integrated amplifiers. I was totally disappointed because the only Cyrus integrated amps they have in stock are the 2007 models. I want the 2010 models! Also I'd like to ask if any of you guys have seen the Naim Uniti or UnitiQute in any of the Asavasopon shops?

Finally, an update regarding my efforts to contact Audiocom to audition the Ushers. I still haven't been able to get in touch with them to arrange a demo. I've phoned about 4 times and no-one has answered each time. So yesterday a very helpful guy in one of the mega hi-end shops in Amarin Plaza gave me the personal mobile number for the guy who runs Audiocom.... will keep you posted!

Cheers, and thanks in advance for any info you can provide re. Naim and Cyrus in Thailand.

<br />For those who may be interested. I've found out the price of the Naim Uniti in Thailand. Rather than buy it from the Thai dealer, it would actually be much cheaper to buy a return ticket to the UK for no other reason than to specifically buy the Uniti there, and then bring it back in hand luggage!<br />
<br /><br /><br />

Does that include the duty and VAT they would collar you for here? How would the warranty work?

Benjie,

I've brought a fair amount of small electronics/hi-fi/studio items into Thailand in hand luggage. It's the easiest way to get stuff from US/UK or wherever without paying a ridiculous amount of import tax. Of course, it's taking chances though.

Also, you gotta remember this is Thailand. Anything is possible if you have the right connections. A bottle of good scotch and a carton of cigarettes is all it takes to get whisked through customs VIP style without paying tax on expensive electronics. It's all about who you know ;-)

• 2 weeks later...

I haven't seen the Uniqute around but I have seen Meridian's system at Paragon which looks fabulous. I would have to discount Cyrus on looks alone :-) In fact my father recently bought Cyrus CD/DAC, ATC amp and ATC floorstanders. It sounds very unimpressive although it might be to do with room acoustics (wood floor, wood beams, arched ceiling, lots of windows).