Getting Settlement Visa'S For Eu Countries

You can't just apply to a country for a settlement visa. Do you have a reason for settling in the EU ? A wife from an EU country, for instance ?

I think you mis-understood my question . But to be fair i didnt make it very clear. So here goes. What i meant was a visa for my gf. I am from a EU country with what work i do i cant pretty much work in any EU country. I was just wondering if some countries are easier than other for my gf to get a settlement / long term visa ?

If you an EU citizen and are exercising your treaty rights to live and work in another EU state then you may apply to that state for your wife to join you. If unmarried then you may apply as unmarried partners, but how each member state defines an unmarried partner is up to them.

In the UK this is known as an EEA Family Permit, but different states have different procedures, although the essentials are the same.

However, you cannot use this route if you are living in the state of which you are a national. e.g. a German living in Germany, and must follow the individual immigration rules of that state.