Is This Good Or Bad

My wife recieved this e-mail today;

Dear *****,

Your Visa application reference number:****/******/******/* has been processed by the British Embassy

and is received at the UK Visa Application Centre.

Please note this is an auto generated e-mail. Please do NOT reply to this email.

Regards,

Visa Application Centre.

It has been 25 working days since the application was put it and she hasn't been called for an interview. Does anyone know wheather this is a good or bad sign?

It's the same mesage that is sent to everyone. They do not give any indication of whether the visa has been issued or refused. You have to wait until you collect the passport to learn the decision.

Yes I understand that , its just she got notification about 12 noon , but lives some 6 hours away from regents house so impossible to get there today so now we have to wait untill monday , which is much more stressfull than before we knew a descision had been made , just wondering if any one knows from first hand if 25 day wait and no interview is a good or bad sign

The most obvious question, Dave is what kind of visa did she apply for. Have a beer Chap, you'll be fine.

settlement visa as we are married although she has never been to the uk before I was always advised she would never get tourist visa , lives with her mom and sister not her own house works as a nurse aid so would be told no reason to return home .Strange how I can visit Thailand and I am trusted to return home for no other reason than I do not want to break Thai immigration law yet UK will not give my wife the same

I dont think the reasons you outline are reason not to be granted a visa. She has a job, she works hard, she's not a Brass. Seems to me you've been fed bullshit. My first girlfriend got a visa for the UK and I was a 21 year old Student and she earnt 5000 baht a month in a Samui travel office. Neither of us had a pot to piss in.

We could get into lots of question, Bigman, about what you submitted, what your situation is etc etc etc but there's no point. Just suck it up Chap, have a cold one and what will be, will be. Seems to me like both of you live in Thailand, so you'll survive either way, Dave.

That said, I hope it goes in your favour. Keep smiling.

jap.gifsmile.gif