Some People Never Get Wiser With Age.

newsite12

There are a few stupid farangs out there, it doesn't change the fact that Thai people in general base a lot of important into the ceremony or that a lot of couples here have the ceremony only and [have] live[d] together happily all their lives.

Not everything is part of a scam against you...

I'm with you on this one for sure. Legally, the Thai wedding means nothing...but to a Thai gal, it is everything. I've been to quite a few Thai/Thai weddings that were done just like mine. No different...except they had to listen to the monk chant a bit longer. :lol: To my wife, the village wedding was #1, signing the paper was #2. And yes, it is all about face. So what...no different than a wedding in the West where bigger is always better.

And it was a blast. One of the best times I have had in my life. Much better than my western wedding!!!! :lol: And much cheaper....

Agree.

Now that l have been here 6 months l sort of know the score, got to know the territory OK ! :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Your about as funny as the video.:whistling::D

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Just when you think " I sort of know the score"....WHAM!

The longer I live here the more I realize I don't tknow.

There are a few stupid farangs out there, it doesn't change the fact that Thai people in general base a lot of important into the ceremony or that a lot of couples here have the ceremony only and [have] live[d] together happily all their lives.

Not everything is part of a scam against you...

I'm with you on this one for sure. Legally, the Thai wedding means nothing...but to a Thai gal, it is everything. I've been to quite a few Thai/Thai weddings that were done just like mine. No different...except they had to listen to the monk chant a bit longer. :lol: To my wife, the village wedding was #1, signing the paper was #2. And yes, it is all about face. So what...no different than a wedding in the West where bigger is always better.

And it was a blast. One of the best times I have had in my life. Much better than my western wedding!!!! :lol: And much cheaper....

Exactly - SB and some other grumpy farangs have their own reasons for painting the picture that it doesn't mean anything or that most girls have done several - both statements being complete fabrications.

Exactly - SB and some other grumpy farangs have their own reasons for painting the picture that it doesn't mean anything or that most girls have done several - both statements being complete fabrications.

Sorry TAWP, but your wife is one of the blatant boasters (and your profile suggests also a gambler) ......

why is she so keen to show off the wedding photos ..... to show how important she is to her mates (and random callers)

By western standards this is wrong

By Thai standards it is normal

No offence intended, but you really need to get your head around what is real and what is fantasy in Thailand.

My wife had an arranged marriage at age 18, full wedding, sinsot, gold .... after 3 month she was bored with him, left him.

She openly admits it meant nothing to her and her family beyond the boast ..........

She would like same again with me ...... no chance.

My wife is the norm, rather than the exception (she was also a gambler).

By age 30 many Thai ladies have had a village wedding, a child, several abortions, many lovers.

I don't think what they have done is wrong, it is their culture.

No secret agenda apart from trying to educate a few foreign buffaloes, a thankless and hopeless task, but someone has to try.

Edited by sarahsbloke

TAWP v sarahsbloke

How many times have I heard this false dichotomy? Both of your are generalizing from the Thai girls YOU know to ALL Thai girls. Take the generalisation out of the equation and both of you can be right.

BTW, and FWIW (very little, actually), my own experience agrees with TAWP. It all depends on what kind of girls you hang around with, I guess. :huh:

Now that l have been here 6 months l sort of know the score, got to know the territory OK ! :lol: :lol: :lol:.

Your about as funny as the video.:whistling::D

I was thinking the same thing myself.

Just when you think " I sort of know the score"....WHAM!

The longer I live here the more I realize I don't tknow.

MR J ..you are so spot on ..was thinking the same thing myself LOS = Land of Surprises rolleyes.gif

Sorry TAWP, but your wife is one of the blatant boasters (and your profile suggests also a gambler) ......

why is she so keen to show off the wedding photos ..... to show how important she is to her mates (and random callers)

Wife? I guess you better learn how to read...and I have never gone through the ceremony. But if I do get married to my gf I do expect we will do it. As most other people here.

But thanks for a display how you are eager to bash other peoples [imaginary] wives.

Sad person.

Sorry TAWP, but your wife is one of the blatant boasters

Unless you are referring to previous posts................. I suggest you reread this this thread, you have misquoted TAWP with an other poster.

No offence intended, but you really need to get your head around what is real and what is fantasy in Thailand.

My wife had an arranged marriage at age 18, full wedding, sinsot, gold .... after 3 month she was bored with him, left him.

She openly admits it meant nothing to her and her family beyond the boast ..........

She would like same again with me ...... no chance.

My wife is the norm, rather than the exception (she was also a gambler).

By age 30 many Thai ladies have had a village wedding, a child, several abortions, many lovers.

I don't think what they have done is wrong, it is their culture.

No secret agenda apart from trying to educate a few foreign buffaloes, a thankless and hopeless task, but someone has to try.

Those who do not learn from history are doomed to repeat it.

Santayana

I've seen and heard the same old arguements so many times it becomes obvious that some people can't read others very well. We let physical attraction cloud our better judgement. We can generalize all we want, but every specific situation is unique and different. All we can do is use a little caution and have a little luck.

Some of us learn from our mistakes and others don't. I know several guys here in Chiang Mai who continually make the same mistake time after time. And, these are older guys who appear fairly intellegent in everything else but affairs of the heart. In many cases their drinking habits have clouded their brain. I've seen some of these guys treat working girls with disrespect and watch the women shy away from these men. As the OP said... some people never get wiser with age. One guy lost his wallet with all his credit cards on two separate occasions only 3 weeks apart.

I have no reason to disbelieve anything anyone has written on this topic, but we can't use specific situations to generalize for everyone. For every case that turned out bad I can show an equal number that have turned out well. The old story that says you can take the woman out of the bar, but you can't take the bar out of the woman is only partially true. But, it gives a person a basis to start from.

TAWP v sarahsbloke

How many times have I heard this false dichotomy? Both of your are generalizing from the Thai girls YOU know to ALL Thai girls. Take the generalisation out of the equation and both of you can be right.

BTW, and FWIW (very little, actually), my own experience agrees with TAWP. It all depends on what kind of girls you hang around with, I guess. :huh:

Have to agree.

Does your g/f have previous children??? Tells you pretty much everything you need to know.