Social Values Must Change After 2,000 Foetuses Found At Bangkok Temple: PM Abhisit

webfact

It should be the woman's right to chose what happens with their own body, not a bunch of old men that think their "morality" is higher. Plus It has bothered me that all these articles are written using an outdated word for fetus, just as the laws that try to legislate "morality" are out of date.

The spelling foetus has no etymological basis but is recorded from the 16th century and until recently was the standard British spelling in both technical and nontechnical use. In technical usage, fetus is now the standard spelling throughout the English-speaking world.

Just because it's not the American spelling doesn't make it outdated. Fetus is the lazy spelling.

Oh. According to the Oxford English Dictionary: Foetus: variant spelling of fetus (chiefly in British non-technical use) See link: Oxford English Dictionary

Edited by Jimi007

Condom use would seem to solve this one at a stroke.

The pill is cheap enough, and available at every pharmacy.

But will we see a government initiative? Probably thought of as being immoral.

Morality be hanged.

Well I agree with you about Morality be hanged in this situation.

Not sure about the role the government is to play in people getting different things to prevent Pregnacy. The very fact that they are in every store should tell you that the people know about them. Legislation will not make this problem go away. About all it will do is set a scene for more corruption.

Legislation is useless, I agree - BUT education is not useless. Combine it with HIV prevention perhaps (that seems to have died a death)

Legislation for child support may not be 100% effective, but it might help some.

Girls should be educated as to how children are conceived - it's OK, we're standing up...and other such cons should be educated away.

But then the Thai way of 'Boys should fuc_k around, girls should be ignorant virgins' is still the undercurrent on which this mess floats.

Being from sub-saharan Africa where HIV and child pregnancies are also a major problem, I can contest that targeted education really does have a positive impact.

Making condom and safe-sex ads (printed/tv/radio) "cool", "hip" and socially acceptable has gone a long way toward changing the teens' actions and they also welcome open discussion about these topics as it can be a mostly taboo subject at home.

It should be the woman's right to chose what happens with their own body, not a bunch of old men that think their "morality" is higher. Plus It has bothered me that all these articles are written using an outdated word for fetus, just as the laws that try to legislate "morality" are out of date.

The spelling foetus has no etymological basis but is recorded from the 16th century and until recently was the standard British spelling in both technical and nontechnical use. In technical usage, fetus is now the standard spelling throughout the English-speaking world.

Just because it's not the American spelling doesn't make it outdated. Fetus is the lazy spelling.

Oh. According to the Oxford English Dictionary: Foetus: variant spelling of fetus (chiefly in British non-technical use) See link: Oxford English Dictionary

OK. So, it's a variant spelling. Not outdated. And obviously, still widely used.