Bars Come And Go All The Time....

syd barrett

When I first came to Pattaya a few years ago, Soi Bukhaow was just beginning to take off and just along from Soi Diana was a great bar, it had no name , it was a collection of tables and chairs, open air 24 hour style, with posters and pictures and all manner of junk, the toilet was real Heath Robinson, ie. pee in a water container and watch it go down a hose, then there was a T.V. always on and it said photo's 5 baht on a sign outside, because it was just about the craziest bar in the world. The manager was a Thai with an Osama-style beard called Lung Nort or Uncle Beard in English.

Then I went home and it was bulldozed. Now there is a tower block in its place....does anyone know where 'Lung Nort' went? Did he relocate somewhere else in Pattaya?

Second, I used to like some of the bars on Soi 7, some were crazy, but others friendly and consistent, one such bar was called the 'Lipstick Bar' managed by British Ron and Thai Peaw. Again I went back home returned and it had gone....any clues anyone?

I expect bars to come and go, but it seems that there is never any warning, I can never understand why, bars fold and close so quickly, and some stores as well!

Well my assumption they weren't making money, so shut down - if you walk down soi7 lots of bars but not very many customers. Could be low season, but I've seen the same during high season too.

Soi Diana is going through big development - rumour has it most of the bars that are connected to beach/2nd road will be gone sooner rather than later (replaced by hotels) Push the seedier aspects to Soi Diana and surrounding Soi(s).

Edited by britmaveric

When I first came to Pattaya a few years ago, Soi Bukhaow was just beginning to take off and just along from Soi Diana was a great bar, it had no name , it was a collection of tables and chairs, open air 24 hour style, with posters and pictures and all manner of junk, the toilet was real Heath Robinson, ie. pee in a water container and watch it go down a hose, then there was a T.V. always on and it said photo's 5 baht on a sign outside, because it was just about the craziest bar in the world. The manager was a Thai with an Osama-style beard called Lung Nort or Uncle Beard in English.

Then I went home and it was bulldozed. Now there is a tower block in its place....does anyone know where 'Lung Nort' went? Did he relocate somewhere else in Pattaya?

Second, I used to like some of the bars on Soi 7, some were crazy, but others friendly and consistent, one such bar was called the 'Lipstick Bar' managed by British Ron and Thai Peaw. Again I went back home returned and it had gone....any clues anyone?

I expect bars to come and go, but it seems that there is never any warning, I can never understand why, bars fold and close so quickly, and some stores as well!

Bars close for many reasons...the tenants move on or non payment of rent or when the lease ends the owners of the land (usually Thai) sell the land for other

uses. Many bars also change name when a new boss acquires the tenancy.

• 1 month later...

Bars close for many reasons...the tenants move on or non payment of rent or when the lease ends the owners of the land (usually Thai) sell the land for other

uses. Many bars also change name when a new boss acquires the tenancy.

rons thai wife sold lipstick and rented a bar in soi chaipoon,she the sold his motor bike a big chopper,his telephone and his house he had bought,last time i saw him he was on his way back to uk skint

Why Bars, restaurants, stores, ect, close.

No customers = No money = Lost life savings = End of long Holiday.

= back home to your home country

Then get some more dosh to come and do it all again.

you see them come back after three years and do the same.

mad. :o:D

Why Bars, restaurants, stores, ect, close.

No customers = No money = Lost life savings = End of long Holiday.

= back home to your home country

Then get some more dosh to come and do it all again.

you see them come back after three years and do the same.

mad.  :o  :D

The lure of Pattaya..... :D

Edited by markt