What'S The Benefit Of Topic Subscriptions......If

LaoPo

What's the benefit of topic subscriptions......if......you have to sign in every day -again- ? :blink:

It's quite irritating to have to sign in every day again, even if the "remember me" is signed on.

If I receive emails that new answers have been submitted to a certain topic and I have been off line with TV) for a while I have to sign in again and the topic opens............at Post #1......:sick:....instead of the last unread; I have to scroll, guess and search which page it was I read the last answer. VERY annoying.

This also happens in the case I leave my computer ON during the day if I'm away or at night.

I have Mozilla Firefox and have "remember me" signed up with many websites and I'm directed to every website automatically,.. EXCEPT Thaivisa where I have to sign in, over and over again.

Before it was OK, why not now anymore?

LaoPo

The advantage of To[ic Subscription is that you get the email notifications.

And yes, I have to log in every time, too. This started when the forum software was updated, and it is not happening to everybody. There have been some threads and recommendations, but up to now, I still have to log in every time I turn on my computer.

Here is a topic which may help you about your sign-in problem.

Cookies appear to be the culprit especially if you still have old ones from the previous TV software somewhere on your PC!

Sign-in-problems

Do NOT use the "delete TV cookies" function provided on TV. This only deletes the new cookies placed by the new software.

Do it manually in all folders on all drives where you find old cookies!

Here is a topic which may help you about your sign-in problem.

Cookies appear to be the culprit especially if you still have old ones from the previous TV software somewhere on your PC!

Sign-in-problems

Do NOT use the "delete TV cookies" function provided on TV. This only deletes the new cookies placed by the new software.

Do it manually in all folders on all drives where you find old cookies!

That's easier said than done for a digibete like myself....:(

I have no clue what to do or where to start or where to find "folders on all drives"...cookies....<_<

I don't understand WHY I can sign in with all other websites automatically; Firefox asks me everytime if the password/login name is to be remembered; except Thaivisa.

LaoPo

Yes, it can be a pain in the a.. to find all old cookies.

What makes it somewhat easier is that all cookies under the old TV software had the word "thaivisa" in their file name.

For IE, I just did a search for all files containing "thaivisa" on the system (C:) drive (had to include search in system and hidden folders/files) and found many in two different folders. deleted them and problem was solved.

In Chrome it should be easier since they will all show up under the heading ThaiVisa.

I have no idea how to do it in other browsers since I don't have them.

That's easier said than done for a digibete like myself....:(

I have no clue what to do or where to start or where to find "folders on all drives"...cookies....<_<

I don't understand WHY I can sign in with all other websites automatically; Firefox asks me everytime if the password/login name is to be remembered; except Thaivisa.

LaoPo

For Firefox go to the menu - Tools / Options.

This brings up a dialog box (window) with a number of options across the top. Choose Privacy.

There are 2 links included in the text "You may want to clear your recent history or remove individual cookies.

Click "remove individual cookies". In the search box, type "thaivisa.com" which should bring up all of the ThaiVisa cookies. Click "Remove Cookies".

Restart firefox and see how it goes. You may have to do it more than once. You probably should do it when you don't have a ThaiVisa tab open - just a blank page or google would be better.

Good luck ...

My dear friend LaoPo

but not really 'LaoPo' in its real Chinese sense though.

What happened really? Firstly, you changed your lovely pix to Pandas which correspond nicely with LaoPo. Good taste, indeed.

And now the Thaivisa bits?

Do you really think they have your best interests or other free TV readers' best interests at the bottom of their hearts? :drunk: