Sign-In

chuang

Hi there, need your expert advice...all along when surfing this forum I just need to sign in once and is still valid whenever I surf the forum again, just like being permanently sign-in...but now everytime i use the forum I have to sign in agsin , even though I clicked the "remember me" box....are there some more keys I need to click or it is something wrong with my computer....thanks

• Replies 132
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

Sounds like your browser or some kind of defense program is blocking or erasing cookies. Without the cookie on your computer the site will always think you are a new/diff user. Have you installed/updated/changed your browser/defense programs recently?

Sounds like your browser or some kind of defense program is blocking or erasing cookies. Without the cookie on your computer the site will always think you are a new/diff user. Have you installed/updated/changed your browser/defense programs recently?

Thanks Steve....have not done anything to the computer....

If it had to do with cookies, wouldn't it affect all the pages which would need username and passwords from cookies?

I think there was a thread when ThaiVisa changed their format and the signin problem appeared. They moved the thread somewhere having to do with ThaiVisa I think.

MSPain

Edited by hml367

And I believe you may need to allow third party cookies

Yes, I can confirm this. Two days ago after I thought things are working now on the new TV site I did again apply the blanket ban on 3rd party cookies and the log-in problem came up again! Once 3rd party cookies are allowed (I do it conditionally - being asked to allow or reject any cookie) and the log-in issue is resolved.

Why can't TV send the log-in cookies out as 1st party cookies????

opalhort

And I believe you may need to allow third party cookies

Yes, I can confirm this. Two days ago after I thought things are working now on the new TV site I did again apply the blanket ban on 3rd party cookies and the log-in problem came up again! Once 3rd party cookies are allowed (I do it conditionally - being asked to allow or reject any cookie) and the log-in issue is resolved.

Why can't TV send the log-in cookies out as 1st party cookies????

opalhort

Um. coz they aren't chocolate chip? :ermm:

Sorry opalhort, I have no idea. Will pass it on to our web guru guy and see if its something board software related or something else tho....

If it had to do with cookies, wouldn't it affect all the pages which would need username and passwords from cookies?

I think there was a thread when ThaiVisa changed their format and the signin problem appeared. They moved the thread somewhere having to do with ThaiVisa I think.

MSPain

You may be right, this happened whrn ThaiVisa changed their format.....

• 2 weeks later...

This problem has just started happening to me today.

I have to log in every time I open TV.

And I haven't made any changes to MY settings.

There was a cookie update/reset today for improved security and you may still have the old one cached. Please log out, clear your Thaivisa cookies and restart the browser to see if that corrects it.

I went in and cleared and reset my cookies and restarted the browser this morning and it seemed to work, but tonight I've had to sign in again.

Yeah, I noticed this problem about three days ago. Very annoying since I sign in about every year or so!

At any rate, I cleared my cookies and things are back to normal, staying signed in. Using FireFox, and I do NOT have 3rd party cookies enabled.

I have the same problem and I presume almost everyone else.

Now when I look down at who is browsing a topic it says xx number of guests. Hardly ever any members. Before you would expect to see maybe 10 + member names on a topic.

Same problem with Firefox 5. Never change any setting. The browser accept cookies from third party.

Annoying also that after log on, the view new contents is 0 contents.

The problem starts around one week ago

Despite clearing cookies, etc, I still have to sign in every time. It becomes a real pain.

Looking at these figures from a few minutes ago I'm not alone.

9394 active user(s) (in the past 60 minutes)

300 members, 9069 guests, 25 anonymous users

Despite clearing cookies, etc, I still have to sign in every time. It becomes a real pain.

Looking at these figures from a few minutes ago I'm not alone.

9394 active user(s) (in the past 60 minutes)

300 members, 9069 guests, 25 anonymous users

Are Admin doing anything about this issue ?

I also am suffering this problem on two different PC's and with IE and Firefox. I tried a cookie delete which doesn't work and I have to sign in every time.

I also have a whole range of minor problems to to with posting which I have mentioned on this forum. I can't understand why they had to mess with the previous format which was fine.

I am the same and I have cleared out all the cookies and everything I can think of on Firefox.

If I open Thai Visa by signing in I am told there are no new posts.

Sign out and view new posts, they are there.

Sign in again after that and I can see all the posts and also reply etc.

Edited for bad spelling again

Edited by billd766

This problem has just started happening to me today.

I have to log in every time I open TV.

And I haven't made any changes to MY settings.

There was a cookie update/reset today for improved security and you may still have the old one cached. Please log out, clear your Thaivisa cookies and restart the browser to see if that corrects it.

Did that and it seems to fix the problem for a couple of days, and then suddenly I'm not signed in anymore.

Sign in again and all's OK again for a couple of days and then the same problem.

Last month George posted this info in a different topic See link here:():

Posted 2010-07-04 14:42

This is important security issues i can't go into great detail with.

In short:

This new software use another type of cookie, so some members could get

problems like you.

And yes, if you use multiple browsers you need to re-login on all browsers, to get

the new cookie.

From today the system will expire your cookie every 30 days, and that will require

you to simply re-login every 30 days.

This is to protect your account and is standard on most websites that requires

login.

Could this have something to do with the occasional required log-in?

opalhort

Edited by opalhort

I solved the problem with Firefox 5.0

You go in Tools-Options-Show Cookies, then delete the Thaivisa cookie from the list. Close Firefox, start again, log Thaivisa and remember the log. Voila'.

It works for me and now I'm always logged on.

I solved the problem with Firefox 5.0

You go in Tools-Options-Show Cookies, then delete the Thaivisa cookie from the list. Close Firefox, start again, log Thaivisa and remember the log. Voila'.

It works for me and now I'm always logged on.

Great thanks, seems to have worked for me too.

Thanks again