Schengen Visa

Hi,

I have recently married my TGF and although I have been through the Spanish visa process on 3 occasions sucessfully when she was my GF, I am English but my parents live in Spain so we tick all the boxes for a visa on the account. I was wondering if the process changes at all now she is my wife?

Married or not is not an issue for Schengen Visa.

If you have been successfull on 3 previous Visa applications, I wouldn't worry at all.

After all, you have to supply all pages of the passport and they will see you (gf, now wife) were correct before so they won't have any objections.

The only difference is the page where they ask "married" or not.

Good luck.

LaoPo

• 1 month later...

If your parents live in Spain why not to get Spanish cizizenship? Some countries allow dual citizenship, this might solve all your problems for once. :) As far as the married goes, I do not think married or unmarried makes any difference. See here for a good source of info about schengen visa: schengen visa. It does not say anywhere that married couples would have lower changes of getting the schengen visa. After all, there are many married people that go to Spain for honeymoon, no? :D

If your parents live in Spain why not to get Spanish cizizenship? Some countries allow dual citizenship, this might solve all your problems for once.

I know nothing of Spanish nationality laws, but I suspect that the OP's parents living in Spain would not alone qualify him for Spanish citizenship; even if his parents could apply!

If you know different, please explain how he may obtain it; I'm sure it will be of interest.

As far as the married goes, I do not think married or unmarried makes any difference
EU regulations mean that if one is married to an EU citizen, then the Schengen visa, or whatever visa/permit the Spanish utilise, must be free.