American Football

ChuckZ

Congratulations! I saw the game and Cassel did exactly what he was supposed to, no more/no less. He certainly didn't get any help from Moss, who dropped more passes than he caught (he held on to just 2).

Where Cassel will get in trouble is if the Pats get behind and he needs to throw to win. The Pats need a QB that can do that if they are to get back to the SB. Fortunately, they have Miami next week (which is like a bye), then a bye, then SF before they play their "season opener" against SD. Plenty of time to bring someone else in.

Thanks, OMR. But you're dead wrong on the Cassel situation. There will not be anyone else brought in to start at QB for the Patriots. Matt Cassel is growing into the job. There may be a vet brought in as backup; but not as the starter.

As you pointed out, Cassel did a very good job of running a conservative game plan. He made no serious judgment errors, and thus ensured perfect ball security. His slowness to recognize defenses, and improvised breaks by Moss and other receivers, was to be expected for such an inexperienced QB. But the judgment and perfect ball security issues can not be over emphasized. Great job for kid starting his first game beyond high school level!

As you also pointed out, the schedule gives him two games against relatively weak defenses, plus a bye week of intensive film and practice, to continue his improvement without facing "championship level" opposition. Great break for him, and the Patriots.

Don't worry about Moss. He and Cassel, with Brady assisting, will likely be spending a lot of time working together to develop the "silent recognition and communication" that made the Brady-Moss combination so dangerous. Right now, Cassel's defense recognition skills are weak. That is a skill that can only be improved with experience. When that comes, look for Cassel's ability to come off his primary target, and make those critical second and third reads, with enough time to get the ball off, rather than get sacked. When that happens, the Cassel to Moss combination will be there. I'd suggest that we can look for that by time Thanksgiving rolls around.

This will take time. But Cassel has shown that he has both the physical skills and arm, and the football intelligence, to continue to improve. Nobody, including Cassel and Belichick, can predict where his ceiling is. But I'm confident that it's well above the "safe and sane" performance we saw against both the Chiefs and the Jets.

Make no mistake about it, Matt Cassel will be the Patriots starting QB for the remainder of the year. And I believe that will include at least some participation in the Playoffs!

I have not watched Cassel. Nobody has (and not you either) as he hasn't played before Brady's injury. What is known is that the Pats are very high on O'Connell, and Belichick had already invited other QB's to talk to before the Brady injury after the decision had been made that Cassel couldn't do the job.

Stay confident, by all means, but don't delusion yourself here. Belichick is the best coach in the NFL and he decided that Cassel was not good enough to back up Brady. Do you really think that now, all of a sudden, Belichick has a different view? If he did, he wouldn't have put in a game plan calling for screens and short passes only. It was the Jets, remember, not a good NFL team. Wait for SD and the Broncos and then make up your mind.

• Replies 2.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

maybe a little . . but he still puts himself ahead of the team . . take for instance the 15 yard penalty he got last week for his touchdown celebration. he knew he was going to get it, and he still did it anyway . . team first, yeah right. do you think TO would take a backseat to anyone on that team? he wouldn't for parcells? why would he now?

Did I say team first? I said he's matured a measurable amount since his days in San Fran and Philly.

maybe . . i'm still not convinced . . regardless he still needs someone to shut him up. lets resume this debate in two years . .

Shut him up for what? He hasn't caused any media controversy recently and there is no underlying dispute with him and Romo.

I think he is confusing T.O. with Jessica. I hope not, but he is a Philly fan after all.

It's half-time of the Cowboys - Eagles game; and it has been AMAZING! I won't say more, in case some of you have access to a delayed broadcast, or a replay. But I will tell you that those of you who don' t have any type of streaming access, and are intense NFL fans, should really consider working on it. Whether you go for a lower quality, free stream; or shell out the $$$ for NFL Game Pass, you really shouldn't be missing games like this one.

This will llkely go down as one of the best Cowboys-Eagles games in history. It almost certainly will be a candidate for "Game of the Year". It will, without question, be the game that the NFL uses for it's "Game of the Week" program in the USA.

There have been "big plays". There have been "dumb plays". There have been officiating screw ups. There have been "unusual" plays. And there has been a TON of scoring. I don't know what this first half has not had.

I'm loving it, and I'm not a fan of either of these teams. Cowboys and Eagles fans must be going out of their minds!!

Congratulations! I saw the game and Cassel did exactly what he was supposed to, no more/no less. He certainly didn't get any help from Moss, who dropped more passes than he caught (he held on to just 2).

Where Cassel will get in trouble is if the Pats get behind and he needs to throw to win. The Pats need a QB that can do that if they are to get back to the SB. Fortunately, they have Miami next week (which is like a bye), then a bye, then SF before they play their "season opener" against SD. Plenty of time to bring someone else in.

Thanks, OMR. But you're dead wrong on the Cassel situation. There will not be anyone else brought in to start at QB for the Patriots. Matt Cassel is growing into the job. There may be a vet brought in as backup; but not as the starter.

As you pointed out, Cassel did a very good job of running a conservative game plan. He made no serious judgment errors, and thus ensured perfect ball security. His slowness to recognize defenses, and improvised breaks by Moss and other receivers, was to be expected for such an inexperienced QB. But the judgment and perfect ball security issues can not be over emphasized. Great job for kid starting his first game beyond high school level!

As you also pointed out, the schedule gives him two games against relatively weak defenses, plus a bye week of intensive film and practice, to continue his improvement without facing "championship level" opposition. Great break for him, and the Patriots.

Don't worry about Moss. He and Cassel, with Brady assisting, will likely be spending a lot of time working together to develop the "silent recognition and communication" that made the Brady-Moss combination so dangerous. Right now, Cassel's defense recognition skills are weak. That is a skill that can only be improved with experience. When that comes, look for Cassel's ability to come off his primary target, and make those critical second and third reads, with enough time to get the ball off, rather than get sacked. When that happens, the Cassel to Moss combination will be there. I'd suggest that we can look for that by time Thanksgiving rolls around.

This will take time. But Cassel has shown that he has both the physical skills and arm, and the football intelligence, to continue to improve. Nobody, including Cassel and Belichick, can predict where his ceiling is. But I'm confident that it's well above the "safe and sane" performance we saw against both the Chiefs and the Jets.

Make no mistake about it, Matt Cassel will be the Patriots starting QB for the remainder of the year. And I believe that will include at least some participation in the Playoffs!

I have not watched Cassel. Nobody has (and not you either) as he hasn't played before Brady's injury. What is known is that the Pats are very high on O'Connell, and Belichick had already invited other QB's to talk to before the Brady injury after the decision had been made that Cassel couldn't do the job.

Stay confident, by all means, but don't delusion yourself here. Belichick is the best coach in the NFL and he decided that Cassel was not good enough to back up Brady. Do you really think that now, all of a sudden, Belichick has a different view? If he did, he wouldn't have put in a game plan calling for screens and short passes only. It was the Jets, remember, not a good NFL team. Wait for SD and the Broncos and then make up your mind.

You both have reasonable points. Could go either way. Only time will tell. Thank God we've got Miami and a bye upcoming.

Hey, Cassel is undefeated as a starter in both college and the pros! (1-0) That can't happen often!

BTW, Tom Brady's gotta be one of the best temporary assistant quarterback coaches in history!

what a game! hats off to both teams . . good win for you cowboys fans.

biggest play of the game was the botched handoff to westbrook . . huge turnover with 10 minutes to go in the 4th when the eagles were driving to go up two scores; momentum turner.

looking forward to the rematch in philly; hopefully with some better D on both sides.

what a freakin' game though . . i'm spent. back to sleep . .

biggest play of the game was the botched handoff to westbrook . . huge turnover with 10 minutes to go in the 4th when the eagles were driving to go up two scores; momentum turner.

looking forward to the rematch in philly; hopefully with some better D on both sides.

No statements were made and neither team walked away thinking they were the better team. They get to do this all over again at least one more time. As for Romo, he gives and he takes away. Still, very much a premier QB. I think it funny that people still ask if he is for real. Ask the Eagles.

I didn't see the game so I have to go with what I read, but I don't understand how two tough defenses gave up so many points and so many long plays. Can anyone who saw the game explain this to me?

Roy Williams broke his right arm, so he won't be back for awhile. Jason Witten had a separated shoulder in the first half (didn't stop him of course). Other than that, I think the Cowboys came out of it OK.

The biggest play of the game was a botched handoff to Westbrook which was a momentum turner?

Come off of it. The Cowboys gave up 14 easy points in 14 seconds to the Eagles. Normally, this would put a lot of teams away. How come it didn't bury the Cowboys? Maybe because they are too good and too proud to let a little diversity get in their way. After McNabb's fumble the Eagles got the ball back twice, but couldn't do anything.

They get to do this all again on the last game of the season. I imagine by then the Cowboys will be playing their second stringers getting ready for the playoffs.

The biggest play of the game was a botched handoff to Westbrook which was a momentum turner?

Come off of it. The Cowboys gave up 14 easy points in 14 seconds to the Eagles. Normally, this would put a lot of teams away. How come it didn't bury the Cowboys? Maybe because they are too good and too proud to let a little diversity get in their way. After McNabb's fumble the Eagles got the ball back twice, but couldn't do anything.

They get to do this all again on the last game of the season. I imagine by then the Cowboys will be playing their second stringers getting ready for the playoffs.

The situation at the time is what made that the biggest play of the game, OMR. The Eagles needed to keep that drive going, use up the clock, on the way to what would then have been a game-winning TD.

However, the biggest FACTOR in the Eagles loss was the same one that cost them Super Bowl 38 against my Patriots - Donovan McNabb panicked under the pressure of the "desperation drive". It began with his "double clutch" on that handoff to Westbrook, which caused the fumble. On the next (final) drive, he screwed up clock management (as he did in SB 38). He failed to throw the ball away when his receivers were covered, instead taking unnecessary sacks (as he did in SB 38). He was unwilling to throw the ball, and appeared more afraid of making a mistake, than ready to take the chances necessary to get the win. He's a long way from the QB he once was.

As for all those big plays, OMR, it was a mixture of some great work by receivers and ball carriers, and some poor coverage and poor tackling by defenders. Throughout the game, there were a lot of exceptionally good, and exceptionally bad plays made by both teams. It was a great "fans game"; but not well played overall, especially defensively.

Early in the 4th quarter, Jaworski said, "This is looking like one of those games where the last team with the ball will win. They'll get the ball with 4 minutes left, drive down the field, and score the winning TD with no time left." Well, the Eagles got the ball with 4:35 on the clock, trailing by 4 points. That was the opportunity for the drive that Jaworski predicted. McNabb ended it with that panicked handoff and fumble. The Eagles' D stepped up and stopped the Cowboys, giving the ball back to McNabb with 2:35 on the clock, and 1 time out. McNabb, as noted earlier, proceeded to screw that up too. He was simply not able to play with the same confidence in those last two possessions that he had earlier in the game. He blew. Just like he blew SB 38.

By the way, I was rescued by NFL Game Pass. My power went out at 9:30, 2 plays into the start of the 2nd half. It didn't come back on until 9 hours later, at 6:30 PM! (Dam 3rd world country!) But, when it returned, I fired up the PC; logged into NFL Game Pass, and watched the 2nd half replay, which was, of course, a "same day delay" for me. Yet another good reason for having NFL Game Pass! :-)

The situation at the time is what made that the biggest play of the game, OMR. The Eagles needed to keep that drive going, use up the clock, on the way to what would then have been a game-winning TD.

However, the biggest FACTOR in the Eagles loss was the same one that cost them Super Bowl 38 against my Patriots - Donovan McNabb panicked under the pressure of the "desperation drive". It began with his "double clutch" on that handoff to Westbrook, which caused the fumble. On the next (final) drive, he screwed up clock management (as he did in SB 38). He failed to throw the ball away when his receivers were covered, instead taking unnecessary sacks (as he did in SB 38). He was unwilling to throw the ball, and appeared more afraid of making a mistake, than ready to take the chances necessary to get the win. He's a long way from the QB he once was.

As for all those big plays, OMR, it was a mixture of some great work by receivers and ball carriers, and some poor coverage and poor tackling by defenders. Throughout the game, there were a lot of exceptionally good, and exceptionally bad plays made by both teams. It was a great "fans game"; but not well played overall, especially defensively.

Early in the 4th quarter, Jaworski said, "This is looking like one of those games where the last team with the ball will win. They'll get the ball with 4 minutes left, drive down the field, and score the winning TD with no time left." Well, the Eagles got the ball with 4:35 on the clock, trailing by 4 points. That was the opportunity for the drive that Jaworski predicted. McNabb ended it with that panicked handoff and fumble. The Eagles' D stepped up and stopped the Cowboys, giving the ball back to McNabb with 2:35 on the clock, and 1 time out. McNabb, as noted earlier, proceeded to screw that up too. He was simply not able to play with the same confidence in those last two possessions that he had earlier in the game. He blew. Just like he blew SB 38.

By the way, I was rescued by NFL Game Pass. My power went out at 9:30, 2 plays into the start of the 2nd half. It didn't come back on until 9 hours later, at 6:30 PM! (Dam 3rd world country!) But, when it returned, I fired up the PC; logged into NFL Game Pass, and watched the 2nd half replay, which was, of course, a "same day delay" for me. Yet another good reason for having NFL Game Pass! :-)

As I said before the game, it is just one game in along season. However, your point is that the season will drag on for Philadelphia because McNabb won't be up to the task. I hope so, as it is better for the Cowboys, but I am curious. If McNabb can't hack it anymore, don't you think he is still loads better than Cassel?

As I said before the game, it is just one game in along season. However, your point is that the season will drag on for Philadelphia because McNabb won't be up to the task. I hope so, as it is better for the Cowboys, but I am curious. If McNabb can't hack it anymore, don't you think he is still loads better than Cassel?

Well, this week, Cassel won a close game, and didn't commit any turnovers. McNabb lost a close game, and committed a critical turnover in crunch time. I'll just leave it at that. :-)

Well, this week, Cassel won a close game, and didn't commit any turnovers. McNabb lost a close game, and committed a critical turnover in crunch time. I'll just leave it at that. :-)

Well, the Eagles were playing a team that finished last year's regular season at 13-3, while the Pats were playing a team that finished 4-12. I will leave it at that.

hey there, take it easy on mcnabb . . he looked great all game, very elusive and throwing darts. i will agree he made some mistakes at the end; the botched handoff was huge - and he should have scrambled on the last drive instead of forcing the throw to avant. but do remember his #1 and #2 receivers were on the sidelines . . maybe no one was open on the last drive. it's not the same as moving the ball all game; once the defense knows you have to pass for big yardage, it's easier to cover receivers and the dline can bring it.

that is just ridiculous . . i hope that is sarcasm. how do you think cassel would do with moss and welker out against the cowboys defense in dallas . . a field goal or two would be optimistic if you ask me. #5 is back; he was simple not healthy last year - you'll see when brady comes back next year and isn't the same player till midway through the season . .

the botched handoff was the biggest play as it came midway through the fourth quarter with the eagles threating to go up two scores; was a huge momentum swing as then dallas went up by four. i give dallas all the credit for capitalizing and striking back; romo was super accurate all game long, except for the one pick he threw. but if the eagles score there, the game is very different. patsfangr is spot on with his analysis there, even if his trashing of mcnabb is overblown and borderline ridiculous . .

No statements were made and neither team walked away thinking they were the better team. They get to do this all over again at least one more time. As for Romo, he gives and he takes away. Still, very much a premier QB. I think it funny that people still ask if he is for real. Ask the Eagles.

I didn't see the game so I have to go with what I read, but I don't understand how two tough defenses gave up so many points and so many long plays. Can anyone who saw the game explain this to me?

Roy Williams broke his right arm, so he won't be back for awhile. Jason Witten had a separated shoulder in the first half (didn't stop him of course). Other than that, I think the Cowboys came out of it OK.

as for the defenses, both offensive lines played great; romo wasn't sacked at all. both mcnabb and romo had time to throw and they both have so many options. i thought there would be more defense, and really hoped it would a lower scoring game as i didn't think it was possible for the eagles to put up so many points with curtis and brown out . . so i think the eagles offense played great overall. the cowboys offense is just dynamic when it wants to be . . romo is very accurate and is slippery enought to buy time and create like favre; whitten is the man, TO still suckks :o . the cowboys online stoned the eagles pass rush for most of the game . . kudos to the cowboys online. also, you should plan on that last game in philly being for the division . .

the botched handoff was the biggest play as it came midway through the fourth quarter with the eagles threating to go up two scores; was a huge momentum swing as then dallas went up by four. i give dallas all the credit for capitalizing and striking back; romo was super accurate all game long, except for the one pick he threw. but if the eagles score there, the game is very different. patsfangr is spot on with his analysis there, even if his trashing of mcnabb is overblown and borderline ridiculous . .

Patsfangr and your analysis of the fumble being the key play of the game is ludicrous. It was a big play, but to say it was the most important play of the game is the kind of statement you hear when someone's team loses. The other claim is that they had players injured and, of course, you make that claim as well. At least you are perfect in excuses. Note, Hurd was out, Austin shouldn't have been playing so soon and Witten played the second half with a separated shoulder (hurting his blocking as well as his receiving). To win, you do what you have to.

In this game, no one big play changed the game. In fact, there were seven (7), count them, SEVEN lead changes and the Eagles weren't driving for the winning score when they fumbled. They already had the lead at 37-34. All they had to do is keep the Cowboys from scoring during the remaining 8:52 of the game and they go back to Philadelphia as winners.

Here are the hard facts:

The Eagles fumbled at the Dallas 33. There was 8:52 left in the game and the Eagles were already leading 37-34.

Dallas takes over at their own 33 and in 7 plays they score the winning TD. Note, a big play was a 32 yard reception to Witten.

The Eagles are now down 41-37 and they get the ball back with 4:29 remaining at their own 22. All they need to do is what they had already done 3 times, score an offensive TD and they win. Instead, they go 3 and out.

The Cowboys get the ball back on their own 21 with 3:09 to play. They go 3 and out.

The Eagles get the ball back on their own 22 with 2:36 remaining. The Eagles get a first down via a 15 yard penalty against Dallas and have 1st and 10 from their own 49 with 1:58 remaining. From here, no question, Romo scores, but instead the Eagles go 4 and out, ending with that college hot potato play. Game over.

as for the defenses, both offensive lines played great; romo wasn't sacked at all. both mcnabb and romo had time to throw and they both have so many options. i thought there would be more defense, and really hoped it would a lower scoring game as i didn't think it was possible for the eagles to put up so many points with curtis and brown out . . so i think the eagles offense played great overall. the cowboys offense is just dynamic when it wants to be . . romo is very accurate and is slippery enought to buy time and create like favre; whitten is the man, TO still suckks :o . the cowboys online stoned the eagles pass rush for most of the game . . kudos to the cowboys online. also, you should plan on that last game in philly being for the division . .

When these two teams play, flip a coin and hope you don't come out of it with key injuries. They are evaluating Witten now and Roy Williams is out indefinitely. T.O. is great and you know it. Besides the 2 TD's in the first half, he played decoy the entire second half, drawing double coverage.

The media is pretty open in saying that the two WR's replacing Curtis and Brown are as good as Curtis and Brown. WR is a weak point for the Eagles, which is why they drafted DeSean. Other than Owens, WR is also the weakest area of the Cowboys. We were shocked when they didn't draft a receiver, and then watched Hurd and Austin go down in pre-season. Austin was pressed back early for the Eagles, but only caught short passes (he can fly when healthy).

I don't think the next game against the Eagles will be for the championship game. I suspect they both will be in the playoffs by then and neither will be risking serious injury. Next week the Cowboys go to Green Bay which is never fun and will be exceptionally hard given it will follow the Monday night game.

Patsfangr and your analysis of the fumble being the key play of the game is ludicrous. It was a big play, but to say it was the most important play of the game is the kind of statement you hear when someone's team loses. The other claim is that they had players injured and, of course, you make that claim as well. At least you are perfect in excuses. Note, Hurd was out, Austin shouldn't have been playing so soon and Witten played the second half with a separated shoulder (hurting his blocking as well as his receiving). To win, you do what you have to.

In this game, no one big play changed the game. In fact, there were seven (7), count them, SEVEN lead changes and the Eagles weren't driving for the winning score when they fumbled. They already had the lead at 37-34. All they had to do is keep the Cowboys from scoring during the remaining 8:52 of the game and they go back to Philadelphia as winners.

Here are the hard facts:

The Eagles fumbled at the Dallas 33. There was 8:52 left in the game and the Eagles were already leading 37-34.

Dallas takes over at their own 33 and in 7 plays they score the winning TD. Note, a big play was a 32 yard reception to Witten.

The Eagles are now down 41-37 and they get the ball back with 4:29 remaining at their own 22. All they need to do is what they had already done 3 times, score an offensive TD and they win. Instead, they go 3 and out.

The Cowboys get the ball back on their own 21 with 3:09 to play. They go 3 and out.

The Eagles get the ball back on their own 22 with 2:36 remaining. The Eagles get a first down via a 15 yard penalty against Dallas and have 1st and 10 from their own 49 with 1:58 remaining. From here, no question, Romo scores, but instead the Eagles go 4 and out, ending with that college hot potato play. Game over.

My aging memory failed me with regard to which series ended with McNabb's "double clutch" fumble. But it was that play that began his meltdown, OMR. As you reported, the Eagles had two opportunities to regain the lead following the Cowboys last score. In both of those series, McNabb broke down consistently; failing to find his receivers, throwing inaccurate passes, and/or failing to throw the ball to avoid sacks. And, as I said, he badly mis-managed the clock in that last possession, which began with 2:36, plus 1 time out, and the 2-minute warning.

I stick with my analysis that the turnover was a "key play"; but that the primary factor that led to the Eagles loss was Donovan McNabb, just as it was in Super Bowl 39. (Why I said SB 38 before, I have no idea. Especially since I was in the stands for SB 39!)

Here are the hard facts:

everyone, including eagles and cowboys fans, pretty much agree the botched handoff to westbrook was the biggest play of the game due to the timing of the play . . so i'm not sure where you are coming from there . . you said you didn't even watch the game?? and furthermore, i only brought up brown and curtis being out when patsfangr unfairly blamed mcnabb for the loss; mcnabb was the reason the eagles had a shot to win at the end. i am not using it as an excuse; the cowboys won the game. although, certainly the eagles offense will be even more explosive with curtis and brown back in the lineup; jackson will be #2 or #3 instead of #1. the eagles will score more tds instead of settling for field goals when in the red zone.

as to romo scoring no question . . yeah, like he did last year when philly came to town . . maybe he does or maybe fumbles/throws the game away . . he's a gunslinger like favre

As for Romo, he gives and he takes away. Still, very much a premier QB. I think it funny that people still ask if he is for real. Ask the Eagles.

Still? Romo never has been more than just a promising kid with a strong arm. He needs to keep his inner Grossman in check as he still just as likely to lose the game with bonehead plays and mistakes than win it with brilliance. I will reconsider my impression of him if he ever wins a playoff game to start with.

Here are the hard facts:

My aging memory failed me with regard to which series ended with McNabb's "double clutch" fumble. But it was that play that began his meltdown, OMR. As you reported, the Eagles had two opportunities to regain the lead following the Cowboys last score. In both of those series, McNabb broke down consistently; failing to find his receivers, throwing inaccurate passes, and/or failing to throw the ball to avoid sacks. And, as I said, he badly mis-managed the clock in that last possession, which began with 2:36, plus 1 time out, and the 2-minute warning.

I stick with my analysis that the turnover was a "key play"; but that the primary factor that led to the Eagles loss was Donovan McNabb, just as it was in Super Bowl 39. (Why I said SB 38 before, I have no idea. Especially since I was in the stands for SB 39!)

patsfangr, mcnabb was the reason the eagles were in the game late in the fourth; his peformance carried the offense. referring to the superbowl, he was puking during the final drive which is why he couldn't manage the game; ever try running a two minute drill while barfing all over the field? not easy i imagine. and if you are not familiar with mcnabb, it is something that has bothered him all throughout his career; whenever he plays in high humidity, he usually throws up late in the second half . . it's just his body.

i do agree, he made a few poor decisions on the last drive - not throwing the ball away and not running on the one play he had a huge lane to his right, but it is obvious he is back to form. and once we have brown and curtis back, we will have three quality starting wide receivers for him; something we should have had for him throughout his career. don't forget, mcnabb took the eagles to three straight nfc champioship games with todd pinkston and james thrash as his starting receivers . . yeah, that's right, pinkston and thrash! the one year (with good vibes) mcnabb had TO, the eagles offense was dynamic . . if mcnabb had a moss/burress/TO type to throw to throughout his career . . i can only imagine the results. again i say PINKSTON AND THRASH!! is brady or romo the same player with pinkston and thrash at wideout?

As for Romo, he gives and he takes away. Still, very much a premier QB. I think it funny that people still ask if he is for real. Ask the Eagles.

Still? Romo never has been more than just a promising kid with a strong arm. He needs to keep his inner Grossman in check as he still just as likely to lose the game with bonehead plays and mistakes than win it with brilliance. I will reconsider my impression of him if he ever wins a playoff game to start with.

Let's see. In his last 18 games as a starter, he has won 15. I guess that is not good enough.

I guess I missed it. Which team are you rooting for? I want to see the standard you are holding Romo against.

Here are the hard facts:

patsfangr, mcnabb was the reason the eagles were in the game late in the fourth; his peformance carried the offense. referring to the superbowl, he was puking during the final drive which is why he couldn't manage the game; ever try running a two minute drill while barfing all over the field? not easy i imagine. and if you are not familiar with mcnabb, it is something that has bothered him all throughout his career; whenever he plays in high humidity, he usually throws up late in the second half . . it's just his body.

i do agree, he made a few poor decisions on the last drive - not throwing the ball away and not running on the one play he had a huge lane to his right, but it is obvious he is back to form. and once we have brown and curtis back, we will have three quality starting wide receivers for him; something we should have had for him throughout his career. don't forget, mcnabb took the eagles to three straight nfc champioship games with todd pinkston and james thrash as his starting receivers . . yeah, that's right, pinkston and thrash! the one year (with good vibes) mcnabb had TO, the eagles offense was dynamic . . if mcnabb had a moss/burress/TO type to throw to throughout his career . . i can only imagine the results. again i say PINKSTON AND THRASH!! is brady or romo the same player with pinkston and thrash at wideout?

Thankfully, we won't know, although Crayton is in the Pinkston and Thrash category. Without T.O. pulling double coverage and Witten roaming the middle, Crayton wouldn't be nearly as successful as he has been. He is a solid #3 receiver, but the Cowboys are really hoping that Austin develops into the #2 due to his size and speed.

everyone, including eagles and cowboys fans, pretty much agree the botched handoff to westbrook was the biggest play of the game due to the timing of the play . . so i'm not sure where you are coming from there

Cry, cry, cry. Nowhere do I hear the Eagles crying 'if we didn't fumble we would have won,' so I don't understand where you are coming from. The fact is McNabb did miss the handoff. Sometimes QB's even fumble in the end zone costing their team 7 points in close games. One play doesn't turn a game around. In this case the Eagle's already had the lead. Protect the lead and walk off a winner, don't protect it and lose.