Full Moon Party

STEALTH K3

Have you been to the FULL MOON PARTY  

41 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Is the full moon party worth a visit?

It depends, how old you are ? This is a venue primarily for the young, teens, college kids, if your over 35 your definitely going to be in the minority. Not that you won't be welcome, just out of place.

Basically a music rave on the beach, techno tribal, trance, etc,

If you go to Samui a lot, you'll probably want to do it at least once, just to say you have.

Though it's been going on for years, it was the movie "The Beach", with Decapio that really gave it world wide attention, not uncommon for the island population to swell to ten thousand over the weekend, people (kids) from all over the world who are on the party circuit make this a right of passage.

I went six years ago, I remember the most memorable aspect was the 20 min boat ride over, filled to twice the capacity, no running lights, no life preservers and definitely on step with twin Mercs screaming into the night.

The evening will start out with vendors set up on the beach, selling food, snacks, beer, etc, then the music starts, they clear out and a throng of partiers will extend to the waters edge, pretty much all night long.

Is it fun ?, well, music, beer and and beach, how bad can it be ... except for the sheer number of people I had a good time.

Good luck and enjoy, :o

I went in June. Never seen anything like it and it was fantastic. They're not all kids though, I thought the age mix was very varied (which made me feel comfortable!!). Great atmosphere, great music, great location just brilliant.

Suppose it was the first time ever for me going to an all nighter, bit late in the day I know but hey.

Recommended. :o

Cobra has it spot on, although it is mostly people under 35, if you are a partier I don't think you'd feel out of place at all. I don't go, but then why would I? 10,000 is an average month now, in the high season it will hit 30,000+. There are quite a few bars along the beach, all playing different music (house, trance, old skool, pop) so you have a selection now (when I went years and years ago it was just the stage at Paradise, and it was only hard core trance :o . Most everybody who stays here and goes has a good time. Even my sister went a few years ago (she was 38), she doesn't drink so she came back about 2 am, just when it hits the incoherent stage, but she still had a good time dancing on the beach.

for me FMP ,i heard its so crazy ,wild and chaos partyJamacia.gif

BUT i still want to go there .. atleast make an experience ..many people around the world want to go there , flight for thousands miles .. me, myself lives in LOS .. atleast i go there one time, see from my naked eyes how's going ..

and i will go there soon..one day (no plan yet)

Bambi :o

Oy oy saveloy, top banana, top buzz, wicked, on one, on a mission, sorted !

worth visiting once in your life its what you expected at the first rave you went to........ euphoria on a beach !

I know a guy who went there and stayed there for over 6 years he even appeared on the Brit TV show,, Bangkok bound.. as an English DJ = C.Mellor !

You gotta go there at least once in your life.

Hmm had my firsst one in June.

Took the missus (thai) who bugged me for months to go and who hated it.

Too many mau Falangs staggering around full of Mushy shakes.

If you are under 30 and like 30-50k people all shitfaced stagggering around on sand,leaving there rubbish everywhere,bonking,peeing,puking in the sand its great.

The Island is overpriced hotel wise,and the ferry service sucks.

Hehe maybe too old

A heli trip and a VIP platform overlooking the whole thing would make it bearable :D

NO :o

Definatly worth a visit, although in later years it has gone down hill (may just be me getting older) When I lived on Samui for 8 months I went regulary although more for the after party, the Back Yard! Great venue, wicked views and full of hardcore partiers! Went this year in June, took the thai missus who could not believe the goings on. She says once was enough for her! But a must do in my opinion, especially if you have not been before!!

Bang.......... :o

I stumbled into this place totally by accident on a Full Moon in 1991.

Probably 300 hundred people? Maybe less.

Magic Mushroom Omlettes were on the menu at my bungalow.

Hash, Marijuana, everywhere, probably some hard drugs too.

It was pretty crazy back then, I'd hate to see it now.

I doubt it's any worse as far as drugs go. Judging by how strict the authorities are and the penalties involved people would have to be crazy to take the risk - although some still do.

Actually, with the police presence it has gotten better, about 10 years ago it was very bad with people dying nearly every month.

It's not my scene but I can see why some people would enjoy it. And just as an FYI, Hadrin is overpriced and dirty, the rest of the island is quite lovely.

It was interesting the one time I went some 20 years ago!

Hear they have deteriorated some since. You basically had the 'smokers' and the 'drinkers' and the two did not mix. :o

Well first let me say that there are never 30,000 people at a Full Moon party like some one said in a previous post. Even in the busy season it would rarely reach over 10,000. There are a lot of pros and cons to the Full Moon parties and a lot of myths surrounding it. Not everyone there is drug addled hippie backpacker high on drugs. The majority are priviliged euro backpackers or Israli ex-army types or English/Irish on the way to Oz. There are also a lot of young Thais at it who seem to enjoy it. It does bring a lot of money to the Island and it does cause alot of pollution especially bottles and stuff being left on the beach.

Personaly i love the Full Moon parties but they are not for everyone. If you are over 35 you probaly would feel out of place. The whole has sort of snowballed over the last few years and a lot of people come away asking themselves. "whats all the fuss about?" They are definetly worth checking out tough.