Thanksgiving In Chiang Rai

DonaldBattles

Thursday Nov. 25 end of harvest season brings on a celebration. Don's Cafe will be serving a traditional Thanksgiving Meal starting at 12:00 until 21:00. Food will be served on plates with refils. Adults 199 Baht with children under 12 half price. Turkey, stuffing, Virginia Ham, sauces along with the trimings including pumpking pie and ice cream. Call 053 170633 for reservations. Also includes 2 Thai dishes.

I don't know what it was like earlier in the day but by 5pm the turkey was very sad and the ham was barely better. I have never in my life turned down the chance of a second helping of turkey......until today.

The only positive for me was that at least now I know one place I am not going to even consider for christmas dinner.

I don't know what it was like earlier in the day but by 5pm the turkey was very sad and the ham was barely better. I have never in my life turned down the chance of a second helping of turkey......until today.

The only positive for me was that at least now I know one place I am not going to even consider for christmas dinner.

As one who usually enjoys Don's I am afraid my experience was even worse. We made reservations for 6 pm. Our salad did not arrive for 50 minutes. The food did not arrive for another 35 minutes. Starvation was setting in. The turkey and dressing was rather meager. Ran out of bread, pumpkin pie, apple? pie and cranberry jelly. Was still hungry when I left. Don or his missus might not want to be absent for these special events. :jap:

I must agree with the complainers - while the meat wasn't bad, I object to paying B100

for KhaoPat for one of my kids, getting nothing for the other, not getting the "2 Thai dishes"

or food besides the salad for ovean hour... the pie crust was hard to cut,

and, well, Don's remains ridiculously hard to find for those who haven't been there yet!

Personally I enjoyed the meal and found it good value at 3 courses for 200B.

The service was very slow but with one waitress for that number of people Mr Don must have decided to save money on staffing.

Not sure what the pie was but I enjoyed it.

I had no real problem with the quality of the food or it's value. It was just that it was a painful wait and I was reluctant to ask for refills as it seems they were running out of food and the wait to get it would have been too long.I will probably go back Christmas but I will make sure Don is going to be there.:ermm:

Personally I enjoyed the meal and found it good value at 3 courses for 200B.

The service was very slow but with one waitress for that number of people Mr Don must have decided to save money on staffing.

Not sure what the pie was but I enjoyed it.

I had no real problem with the quality of the food or it's value. It was just that it was a painful wait and I was reluctant to ask for refills as it seems they were running out of food and the wait to get it would have been too long.I will probably go back Christmas but I will make sure Don is going to be there.:ermm:

How are you going to ensure that Don will be there Scorpio???