Chiang Mai To Singapore Air Asia

bluweyze

Looking at the Air Asia website I see that direct flights from Chiang Mai to Singapore start 24th January with prices lower than 2,000 Baht on promotion. This is much needed competition on this route to Silk Air since the loss of Tiger Air. It is not yet advertised by Air Asia but bookings can be made.

I just tried putting the 25th Jan Return 1 February. Outgoing flight 790 baht.....Return flight 5000 baht. Tried a variety of dates. Outgoing from 25th Jan all promotion price of around 700 baht. But return flights are all normal at around 3/500 baht. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I just checked On Jan.27 return Jan. 29 the cost was 790 baht a saving of 1,800 baht. I just put those dates in I am quite sure there are many dates open at that price.

Wish I was going.:(

Edited by Raindancer

Singapore is not the only new destnation that Air Asia are introducing from Chiang Mai. Currently their flights operate on an 'on and out' basis, but commencing 24 January they will be basing an aircraft at Chiang Mai. It will also operate a new early morning rotation to Bangkok, and new flights to and from Hat Yai. The 0640 from Chiang Mai will pose serious competition to Thai and Bangkok Airways for the early morning business market, as currently Air Asia's first flight from Chiang Mai to Bangkok is at 0825.

FD 4210 0640 CNX-BKK 0755

FD 4211 0840 BKK-CNX 0950

FD 4015 1015 CNX-HDY 1215

FD 4016 1245 HDY-CNX 1455

FD 4110 1525 CNX-SIN 1915

FD 4111 1945 SIN-CNX 2135

CNX Chiang Mai

BKK Bangkok

HDY Hat Yai

SIN Singapore

Edited by Nuff Said

I just tried putting the 25th Jan Return 1 February. Outgoing flight 790 baht.....Return flight 5000 baht. Tried a variety of dates. Outgoing from 25th Jan all promotion price of around 700 baht. But return flights are all normal at around 3/500 baht. Perhaps I am doing something wrong.

I just checked On Jan.27 return Jan. 29 the cost was 790 baht a saving of 1,800 baht. I just put those dates in I am quite sure there are many dates open at that price.

Wish I was going.:(

You are rite I made a mistake. I assumed that because I put a return date in it would give me a return price. It did but first it gave a one way fee less the air port fee of 700 baht.

It took a while but it did come up with a all in price of 4,890 baht. My apologies.

Kinda misleading with out being dishonest. I still like Singapore air. The last time we went to Bali it was 500 baht cheaper gave us 20 kilo's instead of air Asia's 15 kilo luggage allowance. They served a free meal on each leg of the journey and going and coming from Chiang Mai it was only a one day trip. with little inconvenience.

I hate AirAsia's website where, at every step during the booking, they try to sell you something you didn't want and make it hard to get out of - have to hit cancel at various dialogs to move forward, which breaks every single user interface rule ever invented...

But - can't argue with the prices. Singapore is much needed.

I have read somewhere that Thai is going to offer the Singapore route as well with a newly formed Thai Tiger Air - so looks like there will be some competition from the start. Why Tiger Air ever stopped this flight.... hmmm... maybe it went like this: Tiger was competing with parent company Singapore Air on the route, so Singapore air cancelled it. Then AirAsia made plans to jump in, and Singapore Air decided to partner with Thai to counter... either way, it's good for us.

Another very interesting AirAsia deal - 4000 odd Baht from Kuala Lumpur to Paris!

I hate AirAsia's website where, at every step during the booking, they try to sell you something you didn't want and make it hard to get out of - have to hit cancel at various dialogs to move forward, which breaks every single user interface rule ever invented...

Then worst is there sneaky "Flight Insurance" :annoyed:

• 1 month later...

Only just picked up this thread, so sorry for resurrecting it.

Partner and I am booked on the first flight out from Chiang Mai to Singapore on the new Air asia service on 24th January - if it happens!

In seats 1A and 1B, which on a normal carrier would be First or Business class. on Air Asia however..........................

I'll write up experience when we return. Wonder if we'll get free champagne as it's the inaugural flight?????

Partner and I am booked on the first flight out from Chiang Mai to Singapore on the new Air asia service on 24th January - if it happens!

In seats 1A and 1B, which on a normal carrier would be First or Business class. on Air Asia however..........................

I'll write up experience when we return. Wonder if we'll get free champagne as it's the inaugural flight?????

More likely they may give you a shot of Lao Kao.:lol:

More likely they may give you a shot of Lao Kao.:lol:

At a greatly reduced introductory price.:D:lol:

There is always the chance that 1A and 2B have a wall in front of them taking away your leg room. I don't think Air Asia has any planes with a upgraded section. I could be wrong.