Fly Out And Back - Where?

Ok I thought this would be really easy to find online but not so much I guess it's buried somewhere, so I'm sorry for posting it cuz I'm sure it's a repeat.Anyway, I'm in Chiang Mai.. just want to fly somewhere and back to get another 30 days. Where's the easiest place to do this? I'm an American citizen. I was going to do a visa run to Myanmar, but it looks like I need to pre-register for visa on arrival (visa on arrival?) or something, so I don't want to get stuck at the border cuz I've only got a few days left on my current stamp.Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

You could just cross the border into Burma two times if all you need is 30 days - each border return would get you a 15 day permitted to stay stamp.

If you want to fly not sure of affordable direct flights from Chiang Mai but expect they would be to Malaysia.

I recently did an overland visa run to Vientiane, getting there was a pain, but the entry/exit formalities were simple. You have to do a "visa on arrival", but it is completely painless, took all of 15 minutes, and that's including the time for me to fill in the form, I think it cost like $35 (as I recall). It seems like the VOA is almost just a formality, just fill out the form and that's it. Not sure if there are direct flights from CNX, but it ight be worth a look, as the distance is much less than KL. If you have to go through BKK however, you might be better off going to KL (or Singapore might be an option, haven't tried personally, but have heard its very easy - its my next planned stop).

You could just cross the border into Burma two times if all you need is 30 days - each border return would get you a 15 day permitted to stay stamp.

If you want to fly not sure of affordable direct flights from Chiang Mai but expect they would be to Malaysia.

I've done lots of land visa runs to cambodia and a couple to laos, but never to burma... I was confused reading their website if I could actually get into the country without some type of "pre-approval" or something? The only visa run company I can find in Chiang Mai seems to leave you to your own devices to get the visa formalities taken care of too, and usually the company that drives me takes care of that. =P

So as an American I can do this road trip to burma and should be no problem for the 15 days anyway? I'm gonna go get my ED visa when I plan ahead more than 2 days. ;)

You just pay I think USD 10 (or baht 500) at border for entry stamp and then shop or immediately turn around and return. You can not travel beyond the immediate area inside Burma.

Ahh... perfect. :) That'll be much better than using up a page of my passport everytime with that cambodia visa too. ha