Bringing A Case Of Beer To Thailand From Aussie

Lemsta69

G'day! Any of you tax dodgers ever tried to get a case of beer past customs at Suvarnhabumi? I'm heading over to Thailand in a couple of weeks, and a mate is keen on me bringing him a 30 can block of Tooheys New. Any idea what sort of duty I can expect to pay on such an item? I did the old Google search thingamujig and it didn't sound too promising, I got the impression that the tax was quite steep and that I should just stop by the local 7-11 on the way to me mate's place and grab a few large Leos instead. Any and all feedback welcome! Including digs at our Ashes prospects, bring it on!!

No dice Mate. There is no mechanism in place to pay duty on excess alcohol (max 1 litre allowed).

They don't xray all bags at the customs post so you could just waltz through the green with it in your checked baggage, but if you're caught going through green you will be in large do-do.

You may get away with playing the unknowing tourist in the red channel, they'll either tell you to dump the beer or let you through with a "can't be bothered" wave.

Crossy, thanks mate, thought as much. Thanks also for the advice about not trying to sneak it through, but there's no fear of me going down that route. Getting banged up over a case of beer ain't really my idea of how to start a 5 week Thailand holiday!

Crossy, thanks mate, thought as much. Thanks also for the advice about not trying to sneak it through, but there's no fear of me going down that route. Getting banged up over a case of beer ain't really my idea of how to start a 5 week Thailand holiday!

Mate, can u bring me a couple of legs of lamb, maybe some rump steak 5kgs, some roo meat wud be good to. Maybe a lobster or two mate

look forward to your arrival. Sh.t thats right need 10 kg of sausages for the barbie. If u can also squeeze a weber in your bag

Cheers mate my place is opposite koh samet island so appreciate once ya get into BKK airport grab a cab and get down here and drop off me stuff. Only a 2 hour ride mate and not that expensive for ya. Then u can p.ss off to ya other mates place. not a good idea to bring ya mate beer otherwise u wont have room for my stuff.

Goodonya mate cheers Mark B)

Hey, this could be quite fun .How outrageous can we get in our requests?First off, I would dearly love a dozen Coopers Sparkling Ale, if I may be so bold. Miss it dreadfully.Some bloody good Snags would go down well. further want some proper pies and pasties, not the bloody pommy stuff. Who wants to up the ante?

afarang, would you believe i just picked up a case of Cooper's Sparkling from the bottle-o and am making decent headway into it as we speak? God's own beer mate, god's own! Sound like i'm gunna have to charter a bl**dy container the way you lot are carrying on. What sort of issues would I have getting one of those past customs?

I just came through with two wooden boxes over a metre long. Red channel. Guy says "what's that ?". "Model boats". Hmmm...too hard basket, through you go, not even x-ray.

Beer might be pushing it though. VB is available locally in BKK cheaper than you can buy in Oz, but don't know about Tooheys New.

afarang, would you believe i just picked up a case of Cooper's Sparkling from the bottle-o and am making decent headway into it as we speak? God's own beer mate, god's own! Sound like i'm gunna have to charter a bl**dy container the way you lot are carrying on. What sort of issues would I have getting one of those past customs?

Found it where?Can import ,no worries, but the bloody duty may be a killer.How much a bot.?Drooling at the thought!!

Hey, this could be quite fun .How outrageous can we get in our requests?First off, I would dearly love a dozen Coopers Sparkling Ale, if I may be so bold. Miss it dreadfully.Some bloody good Snags would go down well. further want some proper pies and pasties, not the bloody pommy stuff. Who wants to up the ante?

He's just been told NOT to bring in beer, so I think you missed out there, but you CAN get Coopers in Tops.

matey, I am from Gurmoney, i went through customs with three bottle of sparkling red wine brande "little red hoot". Its a real cheap sprakling winde, not very unsimilar to your cheap Aussie beer. hahahaha, They snatched me, opened the bags, I said this is for my friends WAAN JIEWT , upon which they grinned and waved me the pass-through-buddy grin. Why don t you coward just shut up and try your luck ? Nobody's ever get arrested for a sixpack of piss slurp !

He's just been told NOT to bring in beer, so I think you missed out there, but you CAN get Coopers in Tops.

Thank you ,for that. Tragedy is, I think our nearest Tops is over 200 kms away,Maybe actually in Bkk. ,which over 400 kms away. How much is it, per bottle?

Glad ya brought this subject up me old china. We're travelling through Bangkok on our way back to Blighty in January. Just a bit concerned as to whether we can bring in our small urn with us when we're stopping off for a few celebratory sherbets.

Lookin' forward to a few decent beers as well after two months of Aussie piss so no worries on that score! :)

Thank you ,for that. Tragedy is, I think our nearest Tops is over 200 kms away,Maybe actually in Bkk. ,which over 400 kms away. How much is it, per bottle?

Coopers Red, Green and Yellow label are 109 baht per bottle.

Fair dimkum cobber, it'd tear the fork outta ya nightie, a true blue aussie that's as dry as dead dingo's donga can't have his fav brew. There really comin the raw prawn, tell em Hoge's sent ya, if that don't get the bludger on side slip him a tener and tell em the shelia's er r real good sort's.

You should not have any problems if you put it in your suitcase for the last three years myself and my thai wife have taken over ineach of our suitcases 3 bottles single malt and 2 bottles wine and have never been stopped

The trouble is there is always the first time, especially when they scan your bags, however I've never been stopped or even had my bags scanned, as with most things in life it's a gamble.

Who are the mentally and taste challenged drongoes wanting to bring Ockor Weazels to LoS?

Only problem I have when visiting OZ, is finding decent suds on tap.

OZ piss is just that....... forgettable, ditto Heineckin.

Love me Chang, Singha or speshully Beer Lao,

Edited by Zpete

Who are the mentally and taste challenged drongoes wanting to bring Ockor Weazels to LoS?

Only problem I have when visiting OZ, is finding decent suds on tap.

OZ piss is just that....... forgettable, ditto Heineckin.

Love me Chang, Singha or speshully Beer Lao,

In Australia we pull the plug and let the suds go down the drain where it belongs.

thanks for all the replies fellas, some good advice & info and a few laughs to boot. would you believe my mate's a Pom? He's also a hardcore Leo & Sangsom drinker, so that accounts for the lack of taste. As for his mental capacity, well I covered that in the second sentence didn't I?

so i reckon I won't bother with it after all, for the same money i can buy him half a dozen boxes of Leo. Paint 'em blue and call 'em Toohey's New, the old mickey mouser won't be able to tell the difference!