Senators Express Doubt About Thai Charter

webfact

Thats debatable . Cats out the bag "The grass roots red shirts have some very valid issues" this statement is meaningless from a person who supports a government that has no intenetion of investing real money into poor areas. Are you supporting redistribution of wealth away from the few and into the grass roots of the NE. Didn't think so...

No real intention???? They're already doing it. Some people are just blind to things that they don't want to see.

I support the governments efforts to improve healthcare and education, and reduce corruption and reduce debt for all the poor people in Thailand, not just those in the NE. I don't see ANY PTP or red shirt policies that aim to do this.

(Sorry for not responding to this before you posted it. Next time I will respond to something that isn't there in the expectation that you will go back and put it there.)

Edited by whybother

Watch Topic ummmmmmm I just love verbal sparring with you. It gives me the horn bcos I know what you are doing but dont worry you are not the only political watcher on here. Keep it coming I am just warming up boy lets make it entertaining for the neutrals

What am I doing? Spending too much time on TVF when I should be doing other things?

When will the PTP learn that democracy is about the majority. If they can't get the majority to support their amendments, then they don't survive. You don't just throw a hissy fit and refuse to take part. They're like children.

I liked the line about showing "a gesture of opposition". They are the opposition. They are working on being in opposition for a long time.

What democracy? Half of the Senators that have a vote for charter amendment votes are appointed. So the democrat led government have a 3/4th majority in the Senate by default.

So PT, and whatever parties support its coalition, would need more then 70% of the Representatives to pass an amendment bill. The Democrats - and its coalition members on the other hand only need 30%. So, democracy?

Could you explain your math whereby you have this notion that 3/4 of the Senate is Democrat?

Both elected and appointed Senators are non-partisan. The appointed Senators were chosen from a wide variety of backgrounds by the Senate Selection Committee. The Committee is established in Section 113, Part 3 and Chapter 6 of the Constitution. The Committee is composed of:

* President of the Constitutional Court

* Chairman of the Election Commission

* Chairman of the State Audit Commission

* A Judge in the Supreme Court of Justice holding office not lower in rank than Judge of the Supreme Court of Justice as entrusted by the general assembly of the Supreme Court of Justice.

* A Judge of the Supreme Administrative Court as entrusted by the general assembly of judges of the Supreme Administrative Court.

Are you saying that all members of the Committee are Democrats and all the Senators they selected are Democrat?

"Thaksin Shinawatra is generating 4 to 5 Billion Baht in profits a year, and has in total 400 Billion Baht worth of total wealth" I can think of a few thais who earn a great deal more than that every year

Do you have a reply to the post that you quoted?

Could you explain your math whereby you have this notion that 3/4 of the Senate is Democrat?

Both elected and appointed Senators are non-partisan. The appointed Senators were chosen from a wide variety of backgrounds by the Senate Selection Committee. The Committee is established in Section 113, Part 3 and Chapter 6 of the Constitution. The Committee is composed of:

* A Judge in the Supreme Court of Justice holding office not lower in rank than Judge of the Supreme Court of Justice as entrusted by the general assembly of the Supreme Court of Justice.

* A Judge of the Supreme Administrative Court as entrusted by the general assembly of judges of the Supreme Administrative Court.

Are you saying that all members of the Committee are Democrats and all the Senators they selected are Democrat?

Dont worry you are not alone some of your buddies are monotoring this thread

As are yours. But at least they aren't making pointless comments ... not valid, but at least not pointless.

Thats debatable . Cats out the bag "The grass roots red shirts have some very valid issues" this statement is meaningless from a person who supports a government that has no intenetion of investing real money into poor areas. Are you supporting redistribution of wealth away from the few and into the grass roots of the NE. Didn't think so...

You seem to suggest that the NE isn't benefiting equally, from the current government's measures, such as the 500B/month old-age-pension or the free hospital-treatment scheme ? How are they achieving that claimed bias ?

And how do you know what the government's real intentions are ? Can you share your sources, please ? B)

What democracy? Half of the Senators that have a vote for charter amendment votes are appointed. So the democrat led government have a 3/4th majority in the Senate by default.

So PT, and whatever parties support its coalition, would need more then 70% of the Representatives to pass an amendment bill. The Democrats - and its coalition members on the other hand only need 30%. So, democracy?

"Thaksin Shinawatra is generating 4 to 5 Billion Baht in profits a year, and has in total 400 Billion Baht worth of total wealth" I can think of a few thais who earn a great deal more than that every year

Do you have a reply to the post that you quoted?

I guess not.