Thanksgiving Lunch?

most places combine the thanksgiving dinner with their already existing sunday roast/buffet etc. as per above so you might have to look for turkey day dinner this weekend, catcantoo probably will do it today due to some american influence.

i've got nigel roasting a turkey for me so i can have it on thursday, where it belongs haha. happy turkey day!

Never heard anyone asking about Xmas lunch either Big C. Should send all the enquiries on that one to the Vatican or the Archbishops don't you think?

It is an Expat forum.

i suppose so but i wll annouce every Cuban holiday to even things out

Never heard anyone asking about Xmas lunch either Big C. Should send all the enquiries on that one to the Vatican or the Archbishops don't you think?

It is an Expat forum.

i'm sure all of the cubans living here on samui will thank you.

meanwhile, the hundreds of expat americans and canuckians that actually do reside here and celebrate this holiday might find the info useful.

meanwhile, the hundreds of expat americans and canuckians that actually do reside here and celebrate this holiday might find the info useful.

I think the Canadian and American thanksgiving are on separate dates.

What do they serve for Thanksgiving Lunch, same for Thanksgiving dinner?

Hi,

Anyone know of any alternatives to Cat Can Too? Not the kind of place, or location that comes to mind when a nice, quiet Thanksgiving celebration is desired.

Thanks,

Buzzer

ya i hear you. i am a regular there for ribs etc. at lunchtime but sometimes the adjacent river doesn't provide the greatest ambiance for something like a holiday turkey dinner. i think you'll probably have to wait until sunday as that's when the rest of the restaurants will have their thanksgiving dinners.

It is an Expat forum.

ok u win. where is the " thanks giving" i am not thankfull for god for giving i don't care but any chance to eat a proper good meal and u can count me in.

interesting. when people thank god beore they eat. they always leave out there thanks to the butcher and the farmer and the people that actually put the food there.

rmemeber no farmers and no btchers = no dinner. now u tell me who is the real god. it is me the butch with my sharp knife.

only joking but people should thank the farmers and butchers and the people that make the plates and knves and forkes. cause go did not make them they did. god might have mad the people to make the stuff.

i wold get annoyed i do all this hard work then people thank a pressense rarther than my hard work.

never minde. i'll just keep butchering away with no thanks. i don't epect to be thanked i do it for my love of butchering animals with my fat cuban cigars :jap:

I think the Canadian and American thanksgiving are on separate dates.

What do they serve for Thanksgiving Lunch, same for Thanksgiving dinner?

not only different dates but different months, however the american version casts a much larger net than the canadian version, and we always had canucks traveling across the border to come feast with us. never the other way around. either way it is a day of thanks and i for one am thankful to have our little canuckian brothers around to bring out over the holidays and poke fun at, eh. i mean that's what it's all aboot.

It is an Expat forum.

ok u win. where is the " thanks giving" i am not thankfull for god for giving i don't care but any chance to eat a proper good meal and u can count me in.

interesting. when people thank god beore they eat. they always leave out there thanks to the butcher and the farmer and the people that actually put the food there.

rmemeber no farmers and no btchers = no dinner. now u tell me who is the real god. it is me the butch with my sharp knife.

only joking but people should thank the farmers and butchers and the people that make the plates and knves and forkes. cause go did not make them they did. god might have mad the people to make the stuff.

i wold get annoyed i do all this hard work then people thank a pressense rarther than my hard work.

never minde. i'll just keep butchering away with no thanks. i don't epect to be thanked i do it for my love of butchering animals with my fat cuban cigars :jap:

when i carve into my turkey in a few hours i will thank the turkey gods for blessing us with another butterball that will soon send me into a late afternoon tryptophan induced food coma, i'll thank the potato gods for a big dish of home made mashed potatoes (with lumps) and i'll thank the gravy gods for a kilo of gravy goodness to pour all over everything. i'll toast to thaibev for another great year of beer chang, hel_l i might even thank the ottoman for giving me a place to put my feet and fall asleep after the feast.

phew, that's a lot to be thankful for.

don't forget to thank Big C for supplying food for people to eat. also when is this so called thanks giving. i am dribbling adter that last post. i want in thanks god for making me hungry so that i can eat your dinner that i can thank u for after. then i will go to the toilet in afew hours after and give my giving in the private room of a toilet :jap:

just a question. what are people giving my eating a big food ?

from my unerstanding by eating a big meal they are taking not giving ????

i suppose this thread should be limited to places offering the turkey dinner today or sunday however if you took a moment to google the history of thanksgiving, big c , you'd probably find that while the precise dates and locations of the holiday are oft disputed, the intention of the holiday is to give thanks for the annual harvest.

given the general living conditions of the time, constant wars with indian tribes, disease etc. i'd imagine a meal was a lot to be thankful for.

Hi,

Anyone know of any alternatives to Cat Can Too? Not the kind of place, or location that comes to mind when a nice, quiet Thanksgiving celebration is desired.

Thanks,

Buzzer

Montana Inn in Lamai used to do an afternoon thanksgiving, dunno if they are still open.

Hi,

Thanks,

Buzzer

Montana Inn in Lamai used to do an afternoon thanksgiving, dunno if they are still open.

It's long gone.

The best T-day dinner I've had in 15 Thanksgivings abroad has been Nigel's.

Hi,

Thanks,

Buzzer

It's long gone.

The best T-day dinner I've had in 15 Thanksgivings abroad has been Nigel's.

is it worth flying in from Dubai for?