Sorry...need Your Help Yet Again

Would it be possible to get a part-time job in a local supermarket or shopping mall or anywhere or would that be highly unlikely because they would need a good reason to hire a farang because of the work visa. I think they have to pay tax on it or something.

My Dad knows some friends of his a a local housing company and he thinks I could get a job with them selling houses but It's not really for me because I know a few people that have told me It's stressful and working on comisson is hard work. I'd rather work in a local shop or restraunt or something. And surely if farangs are going in these places it would be a benefit having someone that can actually speak english instead of all this confusion I've had in shops before.

Edited by Ice Maiden

You will not legally be allowed to work in a shop or restaurants I don't think. Besides, it'll be crap money anyways, do you know how much they get paid?

Actually, gonna be quite difficult for you to find a job in Thailand overall.

Perhaps something better would be to use the skills you have got to earn cash, such as speaking English. I'm sure you could find plenty of people that want to learn English as private lessons.

Perhaps you could babysit or something like that? I'm sure quite a few Thais would want there kids babysitted by a farang girl coz then there kids would learn English at the same time.

Anyway, these two above ideas are not strictly legal as you still wouldn't have a work permit but maybe an idea for you?

You will not legally be allowed to work in a shop or restaurants I don't think.  Besides, it'll be crap money anyways, do you know how much they get paid?

Actually, gonna be quite difficult for you to find a job in Thailand overall.

Perhaps something better would be to use the skills you have got to earn cash, such as speaking English.  I'm sure you could find plenty of people that want to learn English as private lessons. 

Perhaps you could babysit or something like that?  I'm sure quite a few Thais would want there kids babysitted by a farang girl coz then there kids would learn English at the same time. 

Anyway, these two above ideas are not strictly legal as you still wouldn't have a work permit but maybe an idea for you?

I don't really mind about the money, just something to do. I was earing three pound an hour when I was working back in england in a supermarket. The uniform still brings shivers down my spine.

Yes they are ideas for me. Lets just hope they arn't the kids from h3ll.

Teaching English, if you like to work with people, would be the most logical choice - you'd start first by getting a certifiate.

See http://www.eslcafe.com/

Or start thinking about hobbies you could explore, like photography or writing or other creative activities. Learning to play an instrument?

Learning to speak Thai (take it from me) would be a good hobby to start with, if you don't speak it already.

But you'll find more satifying ways to interact with locals than working in a store.

I should just keep the college going and not apply for a part-time job. Anyway in another year I'll be able to apply for my Flight Attendant job. Emirates take 18 year olds on  :o

Goin to college and furthering your education is the best idea IMHO... also learn Thai... it will be an invaluable asset

totster :D

And I forgot to say I already have a hobby. I do thai boxing. Lurrve it :o . I'm thinking about continuing my karate but don't know were to go in Pattaya. I also don't think I will because my aggression dosen't mix with it.

I have to control my power but I carn't, I just want to attack people in fights. Hmm. I'm quite fiesty as they say. I can do that in thai boxing which is what I like. But I don't want my nose breaking.

And I forgot to say I already have a hobby. I do thai boxing. Lurrve it  :o . I'm thinking about continuing my karate but don't know were to go in Pattaya. I also don't think I will because my aggression dosen't mix with it.

I have to control my power but I carn't, I just want to attack people in fights. Hmm. I'm quite fiesty as they say. I can do that in thai boxing which is what I like. But I don't want my nose breaking.

Who do you train with? (muay thai) :D

And I forgot to say I already have a hobby. I do thai boxing. Lurrve it  :D . I'm thinking about continuing my karate but don't know were to go in Pattaya. I also don't think I will because my aggression dosen't mix with it.

Jack Osbourne :o

And I forgot to say I already have a hobby. I do thai boxing. Lurrve it  :D . I'm thinking about continuing my karate but don't know were to go in Pattaya. I also don't think I will because my aggression dosen't mix with it.

Jack Osbourne :D

:o