Read Before Posting Responses.

cdnvic

Evaluation in this subforum should echo the overall spirit of the Photography forum, to develop and encourage photographers at every stage of learning their hobby.

Do:

Be honest. People post here because they want advice and proper critiquing helps them learn.

Offer suggestions based on your own experiences.

Post regardless of your equipment level. While expensive SLRs help, a simple point & shoot camera is fine to learn on.

Point out resources that will help the poster, such is relevant articles or topics in the forum.

Post an example that specifically demonstrates something that will help the poster.

Take criticism as advice. You don't always get the response you like, but it will often teach you something.

Don't:

Insult, or denigrate the poster. "That needs to be shot from a lower viewpoint to make it more dramatic" is fine, "That picture is boring" is not. Responses may be deleted if not constructive.

Get too hung up on the artistic side of things. Everyone has their own particular artistic sensibilities, so try to focus on the technical aspects.

Bring gear level too much into things. Some great shots are made with simple cameras, and a budding photographer with proper help and encouragement will go on to better (and more expensive) things.

Post a photo response of your own that does nothing to help the poster. If you want to show off your skills, do it in a separate topic.

Argue over reviews. Questioning or sensibly debating is fine but arguments won't be tolerated.

Lastly, thanks to all those who post with a genuine will to offer the gift of their experiences to emerging photographers. Your efforts here are much appreciated. :wai:

• 3 years later...

How do you add a "Like" comment that some pix have. Some amazing pix have none or just a few so perhaps many others similiarly cant work it out. I wanted to add a thumbs uo to some of the sunsets. Apologies if it is obvious and I being a muppet.

Sent from my GT-N8000 using Thaivisa Connect Thailand mobile app

How do you add a "Like" comment that some pix have. Some amazing pix have none or just a few so perhaps many others similiarly cant work it out. I wanted to add a thumbs uo to some of the sunsets. Apologies if it is obvious and I being a muppet.

The calendar thread is now closed or locked so no one can add any more comments or additions to it.

In other threads, you simply select the green 'Like' button in the lower right of the original post (not the one someone has commented to).

The calendar thread is now closed or locked so no one can add any more comments or additions to it.

In other threads, you simply select the green 'Like' button in the lower right of the original post (not the one someone has commented to).

Just for your info:- You Kan still click on the "Like" button even on closed threads. w00t.gif

Check it out please, I did and it works. thumbsup.gif

Win whistling.gif