Import Licence Needed?

gennisis

All food items require an import license from the FDA. I had a consultant do this for me and it cost. 10,000. AMAZING!

Yet.. I have on a number of occaisons ordered Fray Bentos pies and no problems. Many parcels of chocolates and sweets...no problems.

I am told that DHL tend to adhere to the law...dont know if thats true. In the past my food parcels have been with UPS and no trouble.

Can you give me the details of the consultant?

If it is clear the items are for personal use, I think the limit is 2kg, you will have no problems. The worst that will happen is the item will get held, and you will have to go to your local health department and provide a description of the item, its ingredients etc and they will look it up in a book and give you a paper with a stamp to take to the customs house. But seeing as it is only 2kg, it should be pretty clear to the customs people its for personal use.

If you want to import the item commercially, you have to apply and pay 12,000Baht application fee, have a company, have adequate and safe storage facilities, etc and the 12000 Baht does not guarantee the item will be approved. You can do all the paperwork yourself with the assistance of a thai (the application is in Thai)

Food DOES NOT require an import license for personal use.

Edited by NaiharnGym