Mobile Phones

techno

I am thinking about purchasing a new mobile phone and not sure which one is the one for me so would appreciate any advice tv contributors can give me from their experience. The phone l am considerin buying must have GPS,Wi-Fi,internet and bluetooth. The mobiles l have been looking at are iphone4, HTC HD7,and Nokia N8. The HTC HD7 has windows 7 but l have not seen them here in Chiang Mai but l guess that the Nokia N8 with google is just as good. Thanks

HTC Wildfire would seem to be a good choice and price is down to about 10,500 baht now. Reviews positive across the board.

Nokia is a good camera with very poor internet interface for all reviews I have read.

I have recently bought two Samsung smart phones for grandchildren so they are also getting it right with Android OS.

Android is the way of the future. You might as well get used to it now :)

I used to have a Nokia smartphone. Compared to the iPhone and Android, it's positively neolithic and I could not bring myself to recommend them anymore. If you want a dumbphone then by all means get a Nokia, they're good. Smartphone...look elsewhere.

In specifications there is nothing wrong with Nokia N8. In level with the rest. Camera is superior quality and has unique features like HDMI out to your TV.

Applications available as any other phones from Ovi store. Internet browser is old design and most likely updated in next Symbian release. Meantime Opera is available with new version designed for N8.

And one feature that i like in Nokia phones is their free voice navigation in Ovi maps. You don't need to rely on data connection to pull google maps online. Ovi maps run as independent application without the need of data connection.

Last but not least Nokia phones are true mobiles meaning you can keep going more than 10 hours without the need of recharging nor you need to carry extra battery packs with you.

IMO Nokia's Symbian OS is not better nor worse than the rest. They just get some bad press as Android seems to be the media favorite for now.

Not even try to compare with iPhone, totally different price category.