Gyms In Bkk

Danjel

Hi guys.

Well I've sort of made this thread already 8 months ago, and got the feedback that The Ascott Hotel housed a huge gym (Cascade something I think). I didn't end at Ascott Hotel and I'm still looking for an alternative (It's kind of pricy (almost 3K a night). However I didn't give up, but found myself wandering around in the Nana and surrounding areas looking for a gym. I ended up at this fancy hotel, which charged 1000 baht for a 1 time use ( I was shocked), and turned around.

I did end up at a Califonia Wow gym, pretty shit, when you're not into machines, and I ended up paying 500 - 600 baht for a session. So guys, I'm on an even tighter budget this time around (January), so my plan was to minimize my normal preference of luxury (hotels that is), and safe some cash. Can you highlight any bodybuilder / hardcore gyms for me? I prefer a central location in BKK, near one of the districts, Nana, Soi Cowboy or Khao San Road.

Cheers.

Any help is appriciated.

Daniel

Edited by Danjel

Clark Hatch gym in the Thaniya Building at Silom is well priced. The weights room is clean and has everything you need plus unlike many gyms it has a great outdoor (saltwater) pool, open cafe with free wifi, steam rooms and they are now building a boxing studio.

It's not a huge gym with crazy loud music either.

Go check it out - ask for Sandy.

Of course i agree, it is too expensive (luxury hotels like Ascott and their gyms which you tried out before). California and other gyms too work out reasonable only if you get a term membership, not for a one day use. As you have indicated that you do not use machines much and you are a serious body builder looking for a budget accomodation and gym around Cowboy,Nana, Patpong, may I suggest you try out the 2 open air gyms inside the Lumpini park which is in the center of these 3 places. No machines,, frequented by only serious body builders (steriod variety i suspect) and last i knew, charged 100Baht a month (you may need to take a 6 months membership, i am not sure). But it is for the hardcore guys.

Of course i agree, it is too expensive (luxury hotels like Ascott and their gyms which you tried out before). California and other gyms too work out reasonable only if you get a term membership, not for a one day use. As you have indicated that you do not use machines much and you are a serious body builder looking for a budget accomodation and gym around Cowboy,Nana, Patpong, may I suggest you try out the 2 open air gyms inside the Lumpini park which is in the center of these 3 places. No machines,, frequented by only serious body builders (steriod variety i suspect) and last i knew, charged 100Baht a month (you may need to take a 6 months membership, i am not sure). But it is for the hardcore guys.

Cheers

Serious bodybuilder, well, I follow and take my training very seriously. The same goes with the food, and my training routines. I do lift alot more than the average gym guy (steroid guys included), so I'd look into this place. People, who takes steroids, I don't mind, they only bring the best out of me :-)

If you have anymore info I'd like to know. I'll google on the info you have given me in a sec.

Thanks