Gym Equipment

la69

Greetings,

The search function is out of order for me it seems. I am sure there are threads about this already, my apoligies for that =/

Where can I buy some basic gym equipment like benches, bars, weights, treadmills, crosstrainers, dumbells and such in Cha Am / Hua Hin area?

Thanks

/la

Tesco has a few dumbbell sets and maybe a usable bench. There is a small store on the right side of the second floor as you enter HomePro that sells some brand name adjustable dumbbell sets but they are very expensive here. There used to be a big sporting goods store on the third floor of Market Village Mall near the theaters, but I haven't looked to see if it's still there since that floor was remodeled. I bought a good quality elliptical aerobic cross training machine there, and they had a few treadmills and dumbbell sets. For professional quality stuff, you may still have to go to Bangkok, though.

There is also a sporting shop in the Factory Outlet which is a few kilometers north of Cha-am in the direction of Bankok (on Phetkasem road, after km 197). I think it's the last shop towards the end. Not sure what they have exactly, but might be worth checking if you happen to pass by.

If you take the turning at the lights for Tesco in PRANBURI, there is a small shop on the left that sells equipment, only seen it from the road so not sure what they have but not too far away and may have what you are looking for....

• 2 weeks later...

Sounds like hes talking about Grand Sport in Hua Hin, Grand sport gym and market next door to sao paulo hospital. Which is dirty, smelly and hot for the price, it's like 1000 or 1200 if I remember right, best gym in HH is letic fitness on 3rd floor of market village for 1500 a month and even that lacks free weights like a squat rack.